Tuesday Weighers

xMandyDx said:
I remember a time when you just had enough and wanted to quit because you were stuck in a rut. We all face that, I suppose. I'm hoping to lose all my Xmas weight this week (6.5lbs) and even though it's a lot to aim for, I'll be disappointed if I don't. I think we're all our own worst critics.

L0ckerz, please stick with it. Give it another week and then decide. In the mean time, can you post a food diary so we can offer suggestions? A lot of people think if they forgo the syns, they can lose more weight, but this is totally not true. I hope you've been having and enjoying yours. And hey!, .5lb off is better than 1lb on! :D

I was very disappointed with 0.5 loss as I stuck to the plan 100% last week, I wondered if it was to do with the fact, I had started the Cambridge diet but after 5 days I decided it wasn't for me, so I ended the Cambridge diet on the Monday and then joined SW at Cannock on the Tuesday, I'm also due on tomorrow... Would that have anything to do with it or do you think it's something I'm doing wrong? X

I was very disappointed with 0.5 loss as I stuck to the plan 100% last week, I wondered if it was to do with the fact, I had started the Cambridge diet but after 5 days I decided it wasn't for me, so I ended the Cambridge diet on the Monday and then joined SW at Cannock on the Tuesday, I'm also due on tomorrow... Would that have anything to do with it or do you think it's something I'm doing wrong? X

It's my TOTM too, and although I've been 100% this week and have stuck to my Syns allowance, I had a sneaky peek on the scales last night and looks like I might have gained :(

Annoying, I know - but that's just the way the body works. TOTM can make your weight radically fluctuate, so it could be that. However, I think it's got a lot to do with switching from a VLC diet to Slimming World.

You've contributed to quite a few threads with the same questions, and have received a lot of support and answers from others - most of whom have been doing Slimming World for sometime and are very knowledgable. Stop worrying about the number and focus on being 100% again this week - you'll probably see a big loss this time around. The main thing is that you still lost, every 0.5lb counts!

If it's around the time of the month, a lot of women hold on to water and other fluids. If you feel bloated, that's probably what it is.

Princess Stevie... I'm right there with you on the nerves! lol

Good luck Williams. Am sure youll do fab.

I had a cheeky look at the scales and Ive lost 4lbs on my 1st week doing it solo from home. Fingers crossed I can keep this up. :)

Good luck everyone else.

First week back on after Xmas and a 5lb gain and i amazingly lost 6lbs!!!!

So very happy to be back to where i was before Xmas and a little under :)

1.5lb off- whichis effing awesome considering how bad i've been

got my 7 stone award too ^_^ woooooo

Well 2lb off for me tonight!! :D I'm ecstatic - wasn't expecting a loss after * week and a sneaky peek on the scales.

Well done everyone :) xx

Last edited:
Yay! 6lb off! I put on 6.5lb over the Xmas and NY holidays so I'm very, very happy with that.

Well done to everyone!

oops!!

after 2 week holiday from sw - christmas new year and birthday celebrations.....2lb gain! :wave_cry::eek::break_diet:Could have been so much worse though, so onward and downward :) Good luck to everyone xx

So happy :) 3.5 lb loss after 2 weeks maintaining - so that makes me exactly 12 stones - cant remember ever being so light, I think my target will be somewhere in the low 11's so almost in my stone! going to be really focused this week !!

1.5 off for me now 2lb under target :) well done everyone :)

2lb off for me this week - not the 3lb I really wanted but hopefully I will get that other 1lb next week. Bit of a dodgy week for me this week but I am still hopefull for a loss.

Well done on all your losses everyone. I have never managed more than 2.5lb in a week.

there's some really good losses this week, congratulations.

0.5 off for me this week.

Well done everyone!! Fab start to the New Year :)

I lost another 2.5 lbs tonite!! I have written off my scenic journey before Christmas. I am motivated and ready to lose my weight!!

I also got Slimmer of the Week again this week :) Massive motivation not to come home and stuff my face!!

Well congratulations to all those of you that had losses this week. :0clapper:

Unfortunately mine was a 2lb gain this week...my first gain since I started SW :break_diet:

I know where I've gone wrong...too many sweets and also letting hubby do some cooking! :rolleyes:

Back on plan first thing tomorrow...and high hopes to lose the 2lbs for next week!! ;)

Back