Tuesday Weighers

Thanks MinkyDinkys. Just seen your stats and wow you've lost an incredible amount. Well done, that's amazing. Any tips you can pass on as i've got about 8 stones to lose myself so i'm in this for the long haul. x

I actually posted about my view on having to lose a lot yesterday so apologies for quoting from my diary but I don't think I can explain it any better than yesterday :)

'When I first started I was like 'whaaaat?! I'm never going to lose all that weight - thats a whole person!', didn't even think I would get my Club 10. It was hugely daunting to even admit *i am 20 and a half stone and I need to lose at least 10 stone*. But, I had to remind myself a lot, as I still do now, that I didn't gain it over night and I won't lose it overnight (why god damn you, why?! ) Breaking it down into smaller achievable goals kept me motivated to plough on through rather than looking at the big picture. Kind of like a jigsaw puzzle. My jigsaw puzzle has 144 'pieces' and currently I have 124 in place and only 20 left to go. Each one on its own may not seem like much or make sense but once they start fitting in to place (*read as pounds being lost!*) you can see it all come together and if anything, spur you on to try and get the rest done so you can sit back once its finished and be happy with the end result. (Don't know why I picked a puzzle and it made sense in my head so apologies if I just rambled!)

With every half a stone and full stone lost it really helped me to continue. Other little goals helped too - silly things! Lifts always have a little sign saying how many people at an average weight can fit in them and I always remember the one we had in an old job saying that 10 people at 80kgs could ride it max, I was ecstatic to get below 80kgs safe in the knowledge that 10 of me could fit in there rather than 5 Dropping BMI weight brackets, hitting my club 20 / 30 and 40 and getting into a smaller dress size have all played a huge part in motivation and pulling me through. I never thought I would get to here at nearly 9 stone down but now I am it spurs me on to be that healthy person and to hit target. I am fitter and healthier than I think I have ever been? '

Set yourself mini targets, reward yourself with non food treats (nice new nail varnish, pamper sesh, new DVD, chuck a £5er in a pot per stone... what ever works for you!) and just remember, you can do it. If I can, you can! xxx

That's brilliant, thanks very much for sharing this. x

One more thing, don't be scared of your syns!! So many people are but they are there to be eaten and most do find that they help increase their losses.

Good luck to you and any help or advise is literally at the tip of your fingers with this site. It's a god send and everyone is so helpful. Just holla if you need anything :) xx

First weigh-in for me last night and I lost 3lbs. Have to be honest I was really disappointed with this and am still feeling quite down about it this morning and am struggling to get motivated for this week. But I have planned my meals for the rest of the week so hopefully this will pay off next week.

3lbs is awesome! And pretty standard for most! Don't beat yourself up, I'd have been ecstatic with a 3!

3.5lbs of for me last night. Got my half stone shiny too.

5lbs to go to get my next shiny :)

Well done to everyone!! Some great weigh ins this week xx

I actually posted about my view on having to lose a lot yesterday so apologies for quoting from my diary but I don't think I can explain it any better than yesterday :)

'When I first started I was like 'whaaaat?! I'm never going to lose all that weight - thats a whole person!', didn't even think I would get my Club 10. It was hugely daunting to even admit *i am 20 and a half stone and I need to lose at least 10 stone*. But, I had to remind myself a lot, as I still do now, that I didn't gain it over night and I won't lose it overnight (why god damn you, why?! ) Breaking it down into smaller achievable goals kept me motivated to plough on through rather than looking at the big picture. Kind of like a jigsaw puzzle. My jigsaw puzzle has 144 'pieces' and currently I have 124 in place and only 20 left to go. Each one on its own may not seem like much or make sense but once they start fitting in to place (*read as pounds being lost!*) you can see it all come together and if anything, spur you on to try and get the rest done so you can sit back once its finished and be happy with the end result. (Don't know why I picked a puzzle and it made sense in my head so apologies if I just rambled!)

With every half a stone and full stone lost it really helped me to continue. Other little goals helped too - silly things! Lifts always have a little sign saying how many people at an average weight can fit in them and I always remember the one we had in an old job saying that 10 people at 80kgs could ride it max, I was ecstatic to get below 80kgs safe in the knowledge that 10 of me could fit in there rather than 5 Dropping BMI weight brackets, hitting my club 20 / 30 and 40 and getting into a smaller dress size have all played a huge part in motivation and pulling me through. I never thought I would get to here at nearly 9 stone down but now I am it spurs me on to be that healthy person and to hit target. I am fitter and healthier than I think I have ever been? '

Set yourself mini targets, reward yourself with non food treats (nice new nail varnish, pamper sesh, new DVD, chuck a £5er in a pot per stone... what ever works for you!) and just remember, you can do it. If I can, you can! xxx

Minky this is awesome!!! Thank you for sharing x

well i lost 3lb last night taken me to 1st 13lb in total.
aiming to have lost 8.5lb over the next 3 weigh ins so fingers crossed i can do it!
well done everyone on there loss yesterday
:p

well i lost 3lb last night taken me to 1st 13lb in total.
aiming to have lost 8.5lb over the next 3 weigh ins so fingers crossed i can do it!
well done everyone on there loss yesterday
:p

I've lost 1 stone 13 1/2lb so we are both SO close to that 2 stone award! I'm still coming to terms with the fact I'm working towards a 5 stone loss sticky at the finish line. Crazy!

i put on another 1 lb last week but somehow managed to lose 4lbs this week so hopefully am getting back on track! determined to reach my target i've had enough of getting close then shooting back up again.

I've lost 1 stone 13 1/2lb so we are both SO close to that 2 stone award! I'm still coming to terms with the fact I'm working towards a 5 stone loss sticky at the finish line. Crazy!

i know its soo close laurenypop! how has your weight loss been, has it been slow or comming off fast?
well ive still another 4 stone 8.5lb to loose which i know i can do if i put my mind to it!
ive set so many little targets up so that keeps me motivated and not think about how much ive actaully got to loose in the long run
saying 4 stone 8.5lb to loose still seems to far away but if i smash my mini target of 8.5lb in 3 weeks then its only 4 stone :)

Do any of you use little rewards or treats as an incentive to keep you on track?

Do any of you use little rewards or treats as an incentive to keep you on track?

All the time! I was putting a pound away for every pound lost and £2 for any gains. But then I dipped right into that as it was well over £100 and got myself lots of new clothes that actually fit me! :D I buy myself new shoes, nail varnishes, book a hair appt and the biggy for target is a day session in a spa. Gotta keep the incentives and rewards up (just so I can justify the spends to the OH ;)) xx

for my first stone i bought some new shoes:)
i might treat myself at every stone i loss although ive not seen anything for when i get my 2 stone.

this will sound so weird but i made up a spreadsheet of my weight in work and when i get weighed on a tue night i cant wait to get into work to put my loss into it. Without fail ive looked at it everyday, made little targets on it, i sound so sad but that in my treat after every weigh in:eek:

Yep I have lots of charts and mini goals. I buy myself treats nearly every week at weigh in if I lose and bigger treats at 1 or half stones. Also I save £2 for every lb lost. I save £1 for every lb my hubby loses. He saves £1 for every lb I lose!! It's adding up and we will have a really indulgent night away when I get to goal. Should have £150 or so. All the little aims and charts and treats etc keep me focused

All the time! I was putting a pound away for every pound lost and £2 for any gains. But then I dipped right into that as it was well over £100 and got myself lots of new clothes that actually fit me! :D I buy myself new shoes, nail varnishes, book a hair appt and the biggy for target is a day session in a spa. Gotta keep the incentives and rewards up (just so I can justify the spends to the OH ;)) xx

Such a good idea! I rarely have change on me so I know I'd be rubbish at that :( £100+ is amazing!

Will defiantly think about some treats, sounds like a great way to
keep motivated! I nicked an idea from the magazine a while ago and got two pretty jars and decorated them, adding a 'pounds left to lose' label and 'pounds lost' label. Then i got some nice coloured stones and having been moving them from one jar to the other- force myself to do it the other way as well!

Its the little things that help isn't it! Xx

Will defiantly think about some treats, sounds like a great way to
keep motivated! I nicked an idea from the magazine a while ago and got two pretty jars and decorated them, adding a 'pounds left to lose' label and 'pounds lost' label. Then i got some nice coloured stones and having been moving them from one jar to the other- force myself to do it the other way as well!

Its the little things that help isn't it! Xx

I saw the jar idea but they'd have to be bloody big jars for me, I've still got 124lbs to lose so a long way to go.

I've told myself that when I get my 2st loss sticker I'll get my nails done. 3st sticker I'll get my hair done, 4st sticker new outfit(s), etc.

This helps me more cos it doesn't seem like such a long journey with having so much still to lose. :)

Hi everyone, new here. I joined on Tuesday so had my initial weight taken then, Tuesday will be my first weigh in!

Back