Tuesday Weighers

Not feeling to good to be honest, but thats the way I always feel & I've been pleasantly surprised up to now! :)

You've always had great losses, i'm sure you'll report back with good news. I can't say the same about myself, I have been off the charts this weekend with food ! :D lol .......expecting a gain :rolleyes: .

Kay xx

Scared I'm going to have another gain, rather than lose last week's gain. I've been mostly within my syns(overall across the week), but also estimating a bit and feel like I've simply eaten too much. Very sluggish and bloated.. :(

Last edited:
I feel your pain!

Last edited:
Also threating over a gain cos I've had a couple bad days where chocolate has very much got to me :(

I'll be so ashamed if I have another gain. But I'm finding my resistance to syns is dwindling these days.

Oh well...I must be stronger! Stop giving in...I dunno why I'm so weak lately

I think Lauren the dark and cold evenings doesn't something negative for our minds, it is so depressing today looking at the wind and rain and all you want to do is just eat something really nice, I noticed this lately.

I have to say I'm not feeling great about Tuesday, have stuck to my syns as usual but totm is here and Im having awful cramps, have been on the double mint tea all week so hopefully I wont have too much fluid retention and even just get a sts, I actually would be happy with that, Tuesday will tell a tale

Does double mint tea help water retention??? I have been taking W.R tablets they don't seem to have helped tho in the past and my bottle is almost empty. So I'll try something different I think!

Yes...oh you're so right it's the clocks going back and the cold!! I did so so well in the summer...the last two months I've given in to so much food I really didn't want to let back into my life yet!! I just want warm food in my tummy all the time that fills me up. I guess I best get started on a big pot of homemade soup tomorrow! I'm doing ok with fruit but chocolate and bread is winning me over!

Anyone got any other winter warmers?? I didn't wanna eat too many bachelors noodles and pastas as I find free food doesn't help me lose weight as quick. Should maybe try it again tho as it's gotta be better than diving for the syns! :-/

not feeling very confident - have had a mixed week of being good and bad so not sure I deserve a loss at all - would LOVE to maintain, but think its a little gain for me :(

Orla and Lauren - yes, the weather really doesn't help. Seasonal Affective Disorder is known to get much worse when the clocks go back, and leads to carb cravings and weight gain. So even for people who don't have SAD it's a tough time for slimming! I found myself munching on baked potatoes at a bbq on Saturday, which while Free probably wasn't ideal...

Maybe we'll get used to it soon.... I think exercise can help a fair bit with lifting the winter blues so I'm going to try and do some more of that this week.

i have been mixed this week mostly but i have had the bad days giving in to chocolate and stuff! i really need to get into gear! im away this weekend to liverpool and im hoping to food optimise while im there!

Lauren, if your having chocolate cravings then have your little purple snack or club milk, they are six syns each and I have them at least three times maybe even four times a week and still stay within my syns.

The soup I couldnt live without and I give two tips, always remember to have 1/3 of your plate as super free foods, I know a girl in group who has lost almosts 6 stone since March and she always has her 1/3 superfree and she has lost I think nearly every week and also eat as much melon as you can tolerate (except on weigh in day of course as it is mainly water).

I think the tea has worked as I got up on the scales this morning and it looks like Im down but I wont be too optimistic as it is totm and that could change in five minutes.

Feeling pretty down about tomorrow now - haven't been able to get to the gym as often as I'd have liked this week, and I think that'll reflect on the scales tomorrow! :( I've stuck to plan, but haven't done as much exercise as I have been doing in previous weeks. Hitting the gym after weigh-in tomorrow and not leaving until next Monday night! haha :)

Tomorrow is the big day!
I'm hoping everyone does really well and can't wait to see how we all do :)

Feeling pretty down about tomorrow now - haven't been able to get to the gym as often as I'd have liked this week, and I think that'll reflect on the scales tomorrow! :( I've stuck to plan, but haven't done as much exercise as I have been doing in previous weeks. Hitting the gym after weigh-in tomorrow and not leaving until next Monday night! haha :)

Don't worry I have lost on weeks when I have done no body magic, you can still do it. Chin up ! You have done so well so far. Fingers crossed for you. :p

Kay xx

Intermeezo I was told by our consultant 80% food 20% exercise so sticking to plan is way more important when you stick to plan you can lose 4Ibs every week

Had my bike wheel stolen tonight, after 6 weeks of constant bike problems (including theft of a wheel, brake cables being cut by vandals, and millions of punctures). Had to get the bus for speed and I feel so wobbly and sluggish - I'm actually craving some vigorous exercise. I hate winter! Hoping for a loss tomorrow to cheer me up...

Well, that's -4 lbs for me today :) I wasn't expecting huge amounts because of the lack of gym, but I'll be heading there straight after group today haha :) All the best to you guys today! Positive thinking!! x

id love to sts tonight but i doubt it! im planning on starting back walking this week too as i felt alot better and motivated when i was!

Well done, told you that once you stick to plan it will show on the scales, keep it up and lets hope I will be telling good news too today

Back