Tuesday Weighers

Thanks Amanda, I was so relieved but I realise now I literally have exactly 5st 7Ibs and any gain and I will lose that again so on the super free all this week and trying to get as much walking as possible

Hope this isnt tmi but I have to share, I'm actually ovulating naturally without any medication, I'm having cramps at the moment but I dont care because this is the first time in my life that this is happening yayyyy :bliss:

-2lb for me and I'm quite gutted as my scales showed 4 :( I'm 2 away from my stone and i just feel like i need to work harder i always weigh more at group. Its really frustrating x

I can relate to your frustration misspinky8 but it is all going in the right direction. I think the only way to keep the weight off is to get used to your eating patterns and the longer your trying to get to target then the more time you have to get used to it, don't be disheartened

Had a great week until last night pizza, beer, chocolate disgusted with myself, going for a long run tomorrow can only hope it helps, was so good all week too, why I didn't say no has me baffled. Only myself to blame if I gain.

Good luck all for Tuesday

I can relate to your frustration misspinky8 but it is all going in the right direction. I think the only way to keep the weight off is to get used to your eating patterns and the longer your trying to get to target then the more time you have to get used to it, don't be disheartened
thankq Orla I've tried hard this week so let's hope it shows on the scales :) x

That is the main thing keep at it, do you measure you waist chest etch often that is where you notice it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow how has Tuesday come around so quickly!?!
Fingers crossed for everyone tonorrow

I know the week just flew by

As if it's Tuesday tomorrow :-( I was naughty and weighed at home and I'm still the same as last week :/ I've tried so hard this week, walking to work and back twice (1hr each way) and generally being really good but it's star week :( I'm beginning to dread every second weigh in as it's always 0.5lb loss? Anyone else's body work on this 2 week cycle? Big loss then tiny loss repeatedly? I know it's better than a gain but it still makes me feel like what's the point x

As if it's Tuesday tomorrow :-( I was naughty and weighed at home and I'm still the same as last week :/ I've tried so hard this week, walking to work and back twice (1hr each way) and generally being really good but it's star week :( I'm beginning to dread every second weigh in as it's always 0.5lb loss? Anyone else's body work on this 2 week cycle? Big loss then tiny loss repeatedly? I know it's better than a gain but it still makes me feel like what's the point x

I was looking at my stats from last time, I did slimming world as I haven't really being going long enough to see a pattern this time and I often had a gain/STS after a big loss even if I'd been really good - I have varied between Big Loss/GainorSTS/BigLoss and Big Loss/Big Loss/Gain/STS and I know other people who say the same. It's frustrating though - I am going to try and look at my losses monthly to not make myself irate at the whims of my body.

Can I just ask what a star week is, I have seen it mentioned here a lot and havent a clue what it means

I got up on my own scales this morning and going by this time last week I have a sts but last week I worked really hard but didnt do a lot of exercise and was down 1Ib BUT this week I used most my syns every day, did a fair bit of walking and went out on Friday and used 63 syns in total :( :( :( so if I get a sts then I'm very happy

Can I just ask what a star week is, I have seen it mentioned here a lot and havent a clue what it means

I got up on my own scales this morning and going by this time last week I have a sts but last week I worked really hard but didnt do a lot of exercise and was down 1Ib BUT this week I used most my syns every day, did a fair bit of walking and went out on Friday and used 63 syns in total :( :( :( so if I get a sts then I'm very happy

Star week is your period as some women retain water and often put on even if they've stuck 100% to plan - obviously some women don't have this and lose even when on. It never used to get called star week in my group as we had no men but it's come up now as our consulant left and we have a male relief consultant :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I'm one of the lucky ones as I usually dont put on any weight at totm but then again I can see the signs coming and I stock up on the melon, speed soup and berries and usually try and up my exercise too

First time for me to rant, why dont I get away with having a few glasses of wine and get up on the scales this morning and I have gained, I never seem to get the luck of getting away with it, even if I go one syn over one of my days it ALWAYS SHOWS ON THE SCALES but I will get up and not look this evening, gosh this is so frustrating as I seem to be stuck in a rut lately but I suppose I'm having my non scale victories as I have lost a few inches around my body so at least that is good

Okay rant over, sorry guys :cry::cry::cry:

Hello everyone I hope weigh in went well - or will go well!

Orla I am so sorry for the scales not being kind! It does seem unfair when some people can be rather far off plan without consequence! Hopefully you will have a great result next week though.

I was down 2lbs today and got slimmer of the week!! I was so chuffed with the sticker and magnet - I have been feeling down recently so I needed the boost. I am not only 1.5lbs from my 3 stone award - I really want it next week BUT I often STS or loose 0.5lb after a decent loss. Lately I have been managing 1lb - so I would be very surprised if I got 1.5lb next week.

All the best for the next week ladies :) x

Back