Tuesday Weighers

i did a SAS last week.. a friend of mine died during week.. but because i did the SAS i ate one extra biscuit and said.. now thats just emotional eating because of what happened.. helped me stop a weight gain and got a loss instead... they are good to do!!

Wow what an inspiration you are hun. If you can do it even though your going through so much then i can definitely try it. Thank-you x

How are you all feeling today, I was dreading weighing myself this morning as I was bold on the alcohol on Friday night but couldnt eat anything on Saturday, I think I may have a small loss (fingers and toes crossed)

Good luck, Orla! I hope you have the loss you want :)

I'm really nervous about w.i. Tomorrow. I had that Chinese that I feel really bad about, and I've also been eating different things for my syns (like pops) and I just have a horrible feeling!
My big goal was 3.5 for club 10.. doubt I'll make that. Next goal down is 2.5 for the 2.5st... doubt I'll make that, either. But my time goal is having that for w.i. Next week so I'll success express until then.. Also fear synning the meds wrong! Mostly feeling better now, though :)
My at home scales are still saying I'm 5 stone so I shall live in lala land until w.i. Haha!

Orla do you mind me asking how long it was until you could see on yourself that you've lost weight?

That is a good question MelonCollie, for me it was fitting into a Size 16 I think if I can remember when that was but apparently it was very noticeable at my 40th birthday last year (almost a year ago now) that people saw the huge change in me. If I'm thinking right I started wearing some 16's about March/April and I had lost 5.5st by then

I always find you don't see a change until you're at something where loads of photos are taken. That's usually the case with me anyway! Even when I lost 4.5 stone before, I couldnt see much in the mirror, but people were constantly saying it to me and I saw it in pictures of myself.

I was bold at the weekend also. I was out for dinner with the bf on Saturday night and then we had drinks in my friend's house. Had some sweets there too..... Eeeek I can't be around food when I'm drinking!

Yesterday I was at a birthday party for a 1 year old, where again I had a few drinks and some cake.
Hopefully my walking will have saved me from a gain :p

Amazing losses you are all having! Im so jealous! I was doing so well in the first few weeks then put 0.5 on and then another 0.5 on and lost motivation. I have been in the gym a little more which I know can slow weight loss down as you build muscle but last week I didn't even go to weigh in as I new another gain would leave me not wanting to go back at all.

Im going back to class tomorrow and going to stay till the very end. Please give me tips on how to motivate myself again! And any tips on how to make the next 24 hours count as much as possible!

soooo grateful for any help/advice you can give xxxx :break_diet:

Hmm, I wonder how long it will take me to get to a size 16.. that would be lovely to fit into, lol :D
Can you see that you've lost weight in the mirror, yet?

BrokenMirrors : I can see the difference in photos (I took a before and one at 2st down) but in the mirror is a different story..
I was in the range yesterday though and I walked past a full length mirror. Since it showed all of me I could see it (and I nearly started to cry in the middle of the shop - I hadn't seen my loss liek so before)
However when I got back home I can't see it again in the bathroom mirror..
My trousers are getting too big and I've gone down with top sizes, but I still view myself as the nearly 26 stone woman, not someone in the 23's.
I have 49.5 lbs to go until i'm at the 20st mark.. devide that by 23 (amount of WI's left until christmas. There is a WI on the 23rd dec right? ) and that equals 2.2 lbs. (2.25 lbs if they don't do a WI then) If I lose 2.5 per week I'll make it.. hmm.. I may have just set myself a new goal and decided I'm only eating super speed today, haha.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone! X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

One tip, never see the longer road because before for me this put the fear of God in me, instead set mini goals. When I started, I knew DH and I were going to New Zealand and Australia and one of my mini goals was to be able to adjust my seat belt in a comfortable way and by golly did I do that, another one of my mini goals was to go shopping (yes I do lots as you probably guessed) and not to have to go to the end of the rail, that was done ages ago. I agree with what BrokenMirrors said about people saying it to us, I was ages where I didnt notice it myself but others were constantly saying it to me until I saw myself in the full length mirror (yes MelonCollie, I have been there too). I think a lot of us are in denial about how we look, we tend to fob off what people say to us because we cant see it ourselves that is because we cant ourselves fully whereas others can

Hmm i may make that a goal of mine, too. Last time I needed an extension when I flew. Never had I ever been so embarrassed before.
But yeah I'll stick to small goals then :) I was just looking at my weight loss chart on the sw website and that's what started that big goal Haha.
I have an appointment with the doctors today to talk about skin removal. I have no idea if the nhs will help at all. If not I'll have to save up 4k. I know that will only be Fir the end but I would rather not get to the end and then find out I could have started saving years before :/

Good luck everyone for today!

I have to think about that too MelonCollie, I have lots of excess skin and I absolutely detest it. We dont have the same fantastic health care you have in the UK so I definitely would have to pay for it but I wouldnt mind enquiring in the north about it and see how much it costs up there, it would be much cheaper in Northern Ireland than it would here in Ireland.

By the way, I nearly had to have the extension once on a plane, it was so embarrassing but I managed to squeeze into the belt but it was a very uncomfortable journey

That's something that worries me, really really worries me. I reckon by the time I'm done I will badly need a breast uplift and a tummy tuck but I just wouldn't be able to justify spending 10,000 euro on it. I'm only 27 and it makes me sad that it's something I will probably just have to live with, but if I get that kind of money together it would have to go towards a house or something far more practical.

I agree BrokenMirrors but in the meantime go on youtube and search for exercises to tone up different "areas in your body"

Oh believe me I did ;)

Am doing some small weights and using a spring toner on my arms and thighs 3 times a week just while I watch TV or whatever. One of the reasons I am doing a swimming blitz is so I can tone up my arms and chest muscles.

I think my tummy might be a lost cause though! Ha.

Well done Robyn! So happy for you. :D

A woman at club told me brisk exercise helped her. (although she still needed the op) I'm going to take a note pad with me to club and ask her for some tips tonight.
I'll also ask the doctor for some tips.. Appointment is at 2, so I'll update you guys on what they say in case the information helps any of you :)
But yeah I'm making sure i exercise daily.. Even if it's going up and down the stairs a few times. I need to find something to do with my arms though!

I'm 24 end of this month and I know I don't want to live with excess skin for life, hence already wanting to sort it out. OH and I don't have any children so we don't have any excuses to not put money to the side.

Well done Bubbles!!! You must be thrilled :)

Thank you i am indeed :D

Well done Robyn! So happy for you. :D

A woman at club told me brisk exercise helped her. (although she still needed the op) I'm going to take a note pad with me to club and ask her for some tips tonight.
I'll also ask the doctor for some tips.. Appointment is at 2, so I'll update you guys on what they say in case the information helps any of you :)
But yeah I'm making sure i exercise daily.. Even if it's going up and down the stairs a few times. I need to find something to do with my arms though!

I'm 24 end of this month and I know I don't want to live with excess skin for life, hence already wanting to sort it out. OH and I don't have any children so we don't have any excuses to not put money to the side.

Aw thank you!!! :D .. best of luck with your appointment, i want to get rid of my bingo wings lol xxx

Aqua aerobics definitely brilliant for bingo wings, I have to get my hip replaced so cant do aqua until after that and hopefully by then I will have lost a bit more

I may have to go swimming in the sea.. no way would I feel comfortable being in my cozzi in front of people!

Doctors scales said I'm 128 kg. That's 20st 1.5lbs.. I think their scales need retuning because I doubt I've lost 3 stone in a week!

But yeah doctors didn't really help much. They said "nhs wants you to exercise to lose weight" so the skiin naturally goes down. :/ She did say when I've lost some more I can join this weight loss exercise class, and i can also try ask again when I've lost.. Sigh.
Guess I'll just save up!

Back