Tuesday Weighers

I totally agree with Snowbryneich, one bad day shouldnt ruin the rest of the week you had, what you do is get tucking into melon until it comes out of your ears and get plenty of body magic.

Trust me I know all about bad news and I was so tempted to eat every bit of crap, dont be so hard on yourself and hope everything is okay with you besides we are here with you my dear

I agree, put it behind you and start afresh. :) (Orla's melon idea is also a good one :D)

Strawberry : I make OH hide it from me normally, or I leave it out of sight.
I stupidly re-did the kitchen and some BN's and a jar of Nutella keep smiling at me. I may have to calculate the syns for a BN as I fear I will give in and scoff the pack if I don't treat myself to one.

I'm nervous about weigh in tomorrow , I struggled this week , no reason why just found I was constantly grazing . Have decided to go right back to basics and write everything down . Tomorrow is a new start for me :)

I'm nervous about weigh in tomorrow , I struggled this week , no reason why just found I was constantly grazing . Have decided to go right back to basics and write everything down . Tomorrow is a new start for me :)

I'm a bit worried too.. Not that I've gone over my syns or done anything "wrong", but just feeling bloated and don't feel like ive lost anything.. Will find out tomorrow I guess!

Congrats orla and snowbryneich on being nominated for woman of the year!

Great idea, thanks meloncollie. I'm going to start measuring myself from tomorrow.

I agree with everyone else brokenmirrors, just draw a line under it and carry on. I'm sure everyone has bad days. I know I had quite a few when I was last on sw lol.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow! I don't get weighed til 7pm so I will be tenterhooks all day as usual. I'm hoping for anything from 0.5lbs upwards but I would LOVE 4lbs lol. 0.5lbs would get me my half stone, 1.5lbs would get me into the next stone bracket and 4lbs would mean both of the above plus I'd be on target to lose a stone before we go on holiday Xfingerscrossedx xx

I had an iffy week so I don't expect much tomorrow but everything crossed I haven't gained. Star week is soon and I don't know how it affects my weight because any time I've monitored my weight during it I've been on cambridge and nothing stopped me losing at least 3-4 pounds on that. No idea how it affects me when I'm eating pretty normally, but I'm definitely bloated :/

Donkey is right- the biscuit lol :)

I'm nervous about w.i.. I want 2lbs for my 3st. I bet I'll do my normal and be half a pound off, again. (Happened with the 2 and 1.5 st lol)
I have a horrible feeling that I haven't done as well as I planed. Star week is on day 10 as well so that isn't helping. Hope it ends soon!
But yeah.. No idea how the scales will be. I hope I lose something so I'm in the next stone though :D

Good luck everyone xx

Last edited:
Going back to group this morning (been off plan for months) so I wont be reporting a loss, but I will be glad to get back on the scales to sort myself out once and for all!!

xXx

haha that's me overthinking it and thinking it stood for something then. I remember those now though haven't seen them recently.

According to the university study scales I am exactly the same as last week (I've not looked at them until today but I can never resist on weigh day) and they weighed me lighter than slimming world last week (but don't always - oh the vagueries of scales) so maybe a sign of a gain, still hoping it could be a STS as better than a gain. I have been really good so that's disappointing either way but I just finished star week so maybe that will account for it and I'll see a good loss next week.

What is everyone else making for taster night (if you go to group?) I cook loads of slimming world things but do struggle to make something nice and snacky for taster night, one lady in my group just makes a proper meal - she made diet coke chicken last time but I walk to group so it would be cold if I did that. I've made corned beef pie tonight which is fourteen syns for the whole pie so hopefully I can get fourteen 1 syn slices out of it.

Got up on the scales this morning and I'm the exact same as last week but the week before that I had thought I was going to gain 3Ibs or more and I actually lost weight (phew). Once I know I havent gained then I think I will be happy but have to say I really ate a lot of melon and strawberries and did lots of walking AND stayed within my syns every day

Does ovulation make you retain weight as I have had really severe ovulation pains yesterday and this morning

Fingers and toes crossed today and by the way I'm wearing red too

Got up on the scales this morning and I'm the exact same as last week but the week before that I had thought I was going to gain 3Ibs or more and I actually lost weight (phew). Once I know I havent gained then I think I will be happy but have to say I really ate a lot of melon and strawberries and did lots of walking AND stayed within my syns every day

Does ovulation make you retain weight as I have had really severe ovulation pains yesterday and this morning

Fingers and toes crossed today and by the way I'm wearing red too

You can definitely retain water when ovulating so i would assume that would lead to weighing a little heavier.

Good luck for women of the year Orla.

Congrats Orla and Snow for being nominated, that's awesome!

Broken Mirrors, I hope you are feeling ok and whatever the bad news was is going to be alright, like Orla said we are all here with you.

Most people sounding very nervy about weighing in today, I am too, been in Disneyland for the weekend and it was basically impossible to stick to plan (not that I would've anyway to be honest!).

Good luck everybody :) x

I normally retain weight.. Which was why I was shocked last week with my loss. Knowing my luck I've retained it this week, though.

For the tester evening I have 30 fake rochers (perfect fit for the tub.. I ate two myself. :D But they were less sweet than last time :( ) in the freezer (always harder to eat frozen, and out of sight out of mind) and I'm about to make two swiss rolls that I tested the other day. (9 syns for each one. Hoping someone with better knife skills can cut it into 9 pieces to make them a syn a piece) The cake mix is 5 syns, strawberries free and cream 4 syns (50g anchor light squirty)
But yeah as I said before people in group struggle with sweet things which is why I've made sweet. :) I've got some mixed berries in the freezer so I may make one mixed berries in case someone doesn't like strawberries.

Gunna start baking that in a sec.. just been noseying through all subscribed threads on here first :) And I need to clean the kitchen.. boo hoo :(

p01FVKa.jpg

Our consultant is away until next week so we're having our taster then instead of tonight. I go to group straight from work, so not sure what I can make the night before that will be okay sat out all day? That swiss roll looks lovely! What cake mix do you use if you don't mind me asking?

I've made my own. 6 separated eggs (egg whites whisked until they form stiff peaks) mixed into yolks: 22g flour (4 syns) 2 tsp baking powder (1 syn), 40g sweetner and 3 cap fulls of van essence then fold in the whites :)

Ooo, that doesn't sound too difficult! I'll have to try it. Thank you :)

Back