Tuesday Weighers

I'll be posting step by step pics later on my food diary if you wanna pop by.. will probably have it up by 4pm as I'll be doing the finishing touches right before I leave.. :)

MelonCollie that swiss roll looks yummmyyy :)

What is this taster evening you all speak of? I go to an express group, so don't think we have it (we just weigh and go).

Taster evening is when you get asked to bring in a free or low syn food so that people get ideas and try new things - it normally happens around women of the year/man of the year/target member of the year/biggest loser or other award things or we had one when my last consultant left. The food is generally eaten during/after image therapy so if you don't have that and just weigh and go then I imagine they wouldn't have them. I didn't know there was such things as express groups as i thought slimming world was always giving consultants targets about how many people stay to image therapy.

I'll be posting step by step pics later on my food diary if you wanna pop by.. will probably have it up by 4pm as I'll be doing the finishing touches right before I leave.. :)

I will, thank you. Baking isn't exactly my forte, so need all the help I can get!!

Must say image therapy is the reason I'm doing so well at losing. Without it I probably would have done my normal and give up.

First Swiss roll is in the oven. Second to go in in about 10-20 min. :D

Thank you all for your kind wishes, I have to say I'm really getting nervous now as I think woman of the year will be crowned around 6.30pm and yes I have to say it would be the icing on the cake if I were to get it as the last week has been pure hell for me and my family

I did the half syn roulade and the banoffee (free). I had them made last week and they have been in the freezer until yesterday evening and DH will bring them in to me this evening, I love the taster but we are welcoming our new consultant today so it is going to be mad busy this evening and I think I'm back on the social team this evening as my former consultant was going to do my job for this week but I think she wont be there

I really don't want to go this evening. Like really don't want to go. I'm hoping I will just go and weigh, face it and if I'm upset, leave. I have nobody to blame but myself but I don't feel like staying to group and talking about my gain.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. My friend's baby passed away suddenly at the weekend. We don't live near eachother so she's not someone I see very often but the news was very upsetting. I am heartbroken for her. I wish there was something I could do but she's kind of shut off from the world right now so will just have to wait and be here for her when she's ready.

Oh BrokenMirrors, I'm so sorry to hear that and I totally agree with Mary (you are such a rock of sense and you really have the right atttitude) but in this situation you will rise above it. We all need to break out from time to time and I think it can be quite healthy. I'm not sure does anyone else feel the same way I do about the fact that when I was very overweight, the thoughts of having to lose ALL THAT WEIGHT and then keep it off FOR LIFE used to freak me out and this would prevent me from starting. When my work colleague and a really good friend of mine told me what we are allowed in slimming world I knew instantly it was the one for me and it was. The idea that you have lost 2st since May is just fantastic but I bet you know you can do this and be at target for life and when you have times like you did this week then you know you will get back on track and succeed. I could be wrong here but I suspect you need the support and encouragement of others at image therapy so I would recommend you go this evening and dont look at the scales and sit with you the other members who are probably your friends too, you will be amazed just how much you will like it and tell your consultant you would rather they skipped past you, they understand as I'm sure they have been there too and you never know, you might be crowned Woman of the Year as well, if it is been done this evening, chin up hun

Lastly, we are here for you so whenever you want to talk on here feel free to do so

Thanks MelonCollie, just leaving here in just over 10 mins, I have so many butterflies in my stomach now that I have lost count, have to say you all are an amazing bunch and I'm so glad I joined here, fingers and toes crossed for the most important part of today and why we go to slimming world, get up on the scales

One pound off for me too pleased it was a loss though hoping for better next week as was pretty much 100% a loss is a loss though.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I lost a half, which is something I suppose :) Better than going the other way!

pound off for me as well. Coming to the end of * week so I am really happy with that. And I knew it would happen because I'm so close to the 3st mark :rolleyes:

I also found out that I had been nominated for WOTY as well, lol! I was shocked to say the least. I didn't win though, an amazing woman from our support team did and I am really happy for her. She really deserved it. :)

I won Woman of the Year in my group - it was a really lovely surprise as I was touched to be nominated and didn't at all expect to actually win it.
woty.jpg

Congratulations! Well done :)

Back