Tuesday Weighers

I won't win but I would like to go forward to regionals

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

The only thing is..... I'm not sure we have regionals and nationals here yet. Slimming World is only open in Ireland like 2/3 years? I think there are still some things like that that aren't fully up and running. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

I know it seems hard to believe but apparently slimmi g world is in ireland 6 years

In relation to regionals/nationals i think there is something but not sure what

Lovely to see ppl winning these awards. I've only just joined group after doing it from home. How did you win them?

Woman of the year.. your group vote for someone who they are inspired by, or just think have done well or look good.
Then the nominations are announced week after. Then they have to talk about their journey so far. Then again a vote for whom to win x

Woman of the year.. your group vote for someone who they are inspired by, or just think have done well or look good.
Then the nominations are announced week after. Then they have to talk about their journey so far. Then again a vote for whom to win x

That's good I like that, wonderful that ppl have won this well done :)

Thank you

Was fully on plan yesterday and am on track today as well. Second wind has hit me and am rearing to go, I'm going to work my ass off and I'm determined to get a good loss this week.

I wish I could say the same as you BrokenMirrors, but I'm in the same boat as MissAnonD by sabotaging this week for myself already! I had a group of friends over last night for one of their birthdays so decided to cook a free SW curry, which was fine. But then someone brought over bruschetta for a starter, another brought Eton Mess for pudd and another brought a homemade birthday cake.. Needless to say it would have been rude for me not to have had a small bit of each! Oh dear..

That's one bad night and it's still early enough in the week to get a good loss! Just don't let it snowball, you'll be fine :) Day 3 of being 100% but I am going to Flexisyn tonight as I'm going out for drinks.

Hello folks :) I'm joining the Tuesday weigh in thread.

I lost 3lbs this week, which I was pleased about. This third stone is taking sooooo long to come off and I've been fed up about it, but I got into size 20 jeans yesterday for the first time in years so am using that to spur me on!

Hope you have a nice time!

Is it bad that I'm already starting to panic about christmas? lol :D
Noooo - not at all. Christmas has been the downfall of every diet I've ever done and it's always gone from being reasonably good at xmas dinner to having xmas day off to having xmas day and boxing day off to having the full two weeks off.

At the moment I thinking I may probably going to have 3 days off plan at xmas and 2 at new year. But I am determined even if I have the two weeks off being bad and put LOADS on I will get back to group after and get back on plan and shift whatever I gain.

Hello folks :) I'm joining the Tuesday weigh in thread.

I lost 3lbs this week, which I was pleased about. This third stone is taking sooooo long to come off and I've been fed up about it, but I got into size 20 jeans yesterday for the first time in years so am using that to spur me on!

Welcome and well done! My third stone seems to be taking it's time too but then so did my second. I am heading in the right direction though, is what I have to keep telling myself.

When it comes to Christmas, it gets an amnesty pass from me. Every change I make with Slimming World I ask myself "Can I stick to this?" and I make sure the answer is yes. Can I do Christmas without a mountain of stuffing and trifle and proper mince pies and baileys coffee? No! I would be miserable and feel deprived and would be putting myself risk of hitting the point where I don't want to do it anymore. Naturally I will make better choices and not eat a tin of roses by myself but for me,I won’t be synning Christmas Day at all and I’ll be using flexi-synning on a couple of other days. The way I see it, you don’t put get fat becauseof one day of the year or even one week of the year, it’s only when you slide into it and keep on making bad choices into the new year. I know my way of thinking on this won’t be for most of you, but Christmas only comes once a year and I am a total tinsel-head so I will be indulging for the couple of days with my family and friends and then back to business as usual with no guilt and no feeling of missing out.

No please remind me of all this when I’m crying on this thread in January wondering how anyone could put on a half stone in a week! Hahaha.

Last edited:
Very good point BrokenMirrors. I am also going to tell all of my family (closer to the time) not to buy me any chocolate - not even as a stocking stuffer. I normally get loads and am eating it all through January so I'd rather just not be tempted at all.

That is a good idea!! I usually get a selection box or 2 but I can keep the curly wurlys and small bars and give the rest to my boyfriend or family hahaha! Drank about 50 syns last night... Oops!

Thanks for the welcome :)

I'm thinking Christmas isn't going to be too bad - Christmas dinner can be syn free (or a few syns with some gravy) and if I lay off the pud I should do okay.

No Ferrero Rocher this year though becuase let's face it, one Ferrero Rocher is never enough!

Hi, joined SW nearly 2 weeks ago, my weigh day is Tuesday. Lost 4lb last week (yay). Not thinking about Christmas in detail just yet but I think I'm getting the hang of the plan :).

Back