Tuesday Weighers

Welcome! That's a great loss :D

I'm just an over-worrier. :p

Been eating more veg this week and been exercising more so I hope it shows on the scales on tuesday.. Worried I won't do well though. :( (see, over-worrier!)

But yeah, well done on your loss :D

I think I will just flexi-syn over christmas. Or give myself more syns. No idea though.

I can't wait to finally put up our own christmas tree though! We lived in a flat until recent and there wasn't that much room.
Going to completely blow out this year! :D

Urgh. Just remembered I love christmas baking :( Hmm.. I may start trying out christmas SW friendly recipes :p haha

Hello Bethanie. Well done on your loss.

MelonCollie someone at my last taster night made a scan bran christmas cake. It didn't have the right texture but it certainly tasted of Christmas!

I forgot to mention, I won a tattoo voucher on Friday night! I'm really excited about it and hopefully will get it done next month (nervous too haha!). The only thing worrying me is that I'll still have about 2 and a half stone to lose by then (if all goes well). Will my further loss affect ot badly? Anyone have any tattoos?

Hello and welcome Bethanie :)

I have a tattoo BrokenMirrors, but it's a very small one on my upper arm and doesn't change shape no matter how much I weigh. I guess it would depend what you have and where you have it.

I am dreading the scales tomorrow. On Friday I made potato wedges and put FAR TOO MUCH salt on them and the next day I'd gained 5 pounds! I've been glugging the water as I assume it's fluid retention but they still say I've put a pound on this week. Given I've stuck to it 100% I am pretty peed off.

How exciting BrokenMirrors. I have said to myself I will get the tattoo I want if I get to target as then it is a motivator and also it means I can get it put somewhere where skin isn't a problem. I think ankle and wrist tattoos aren't too affected by weight loss but those are meant to be the more painful ones to get.

Oh that must be frustrating, Guru have you tried green tea - that's meant to help with fluid retention.

See I have 1 tattoo I got when I was 20, and I am 4 stone lighter than I was then. It hasn't changed at all but am worried that I've just been lucky with it. It's not on show most of the time anyway! This one I want at the top of my leg, on the side. I've wanted it for ages and have been putting it off until am nearer goal, but since I won a tattoo I figure it might be a sign! If I lose 9 pounds I will be the lightest I've ever been in my life and I figure that it should be celebrated a bit!!

Ahhhh Guru that's so frustrating! Today drink loads of water again and try having a lot of super speed foods, fingers crossed it's just been a blip on the scales and won't show tomorrow.

Peppermint tea is another good for fluid retention as well. :) I've taken to drinking a cup the night before WI now. I forgot last week and only had a pound off so maybe it does really work, lol. :)

Broken what about having a talk with a tattooist at the studio? Mention you're losing weight and show them where you want to get it.
After all they're going to be the most qualified people you can talk to about it. :)

I have the leo sign tattoo'd on me and I wanna cover it up or get it removed. :/ I don't regret it, but yeah.. I think it's where it is. I wanted it on my collar bone but it ended up on my left boob (wtf?? I should have refused to pay) I was only 16 though and didn't have the guts to complain (guess that shows how good he was, doing a 16 year old a tattoo!)
:banghead:

But yeah, congratulations on winning it! I bet you're really happy. :D

I used to want a snake all over my body when I reach my ideal weight but I somehow don't want that any more :eek: (Well I do but I don't want the pain!)

Oh that's a good tip MelonCollie, I like Peppermint tea, and drink a lot in winter but I never really have many hot drinks in summer. I'll be trying a cup of peppermint tea tonight just in case. My uni scales are showing a 4 pound loss which is great and would be my club 10 (but a 5 pound loss would be my 3 stone so every little would help)

That's so annoying! I'm not 100% happy with my first one either. It's just some stars but they aren't spaced evenly! Would you get laser done Melloncollie? If you hate the placement you have limited options, but the thought of laser makes me nauseous.

I was so happy, I never win anything! The night I went out to on Friday had a charity raffle on for SOSAD (a suicide related charity) and I bought a strip of tickets. When they were doing the prizes they got through the smaller ones and then called out the numbers for the tattoo voucher. It wasn't mine, but the person who had those numbers had left so they pulled another strip and I won! I was really surprised, and also quite drunk since it was the end of the night haha.

The studio is fairly new but I was friends with the main tattoo artist there when I was a teenager so popping into her for a chat would probably be a good idea. I've seen a lot of her work on Facebook and it's all amazing so am happy it will be done by someone I can trust. I also think I will be less shy talking to her about weightloss and stuff than I would be with some random artist I don't know.

I also think I'll be drinking a peppermint tea tonight, no harm in trying everything! Really want a good loss this week, and aside from drinks on Friday i have been 100% on plan.

No peppermint tea or green tea here. I'm drinking water like it's going out of fashion though. I'm finding this third stone really really slow to come off which is a tad annoying. How do you guys stay motivated when your losses slow down?

Just try and remember that it's not a race to the finish line and that your body will lose it at a pace it is comfortable with. If you were losing massive amounts every week then your skin would have a harder time adapting. Try and focus on some non-scale victories. If you feel you aren't doing as well as you should be then definitely hand your food diary up to your Consultant for a couple of weeks and see if she has any suggestions. Sometimes we get a bit comfy with a plan and stop following it correctly.

Yeah I think I'll go back to doing a food diary. I suspect I'm not eating enough superfree food :( I am going to a wedding the weekend after next and would really love to have hit my three stone by then but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Never say never... Keep your chin up and just do your best. We will get there eventually. Sometimes pressuring yourself for a particular event actually throws us off course?

Hopefully the peppermint tea helps us all, lol. :D

I've bought some scales but I'm too heavy for them (they go up to 20st) so no idea how I have done :rolleyes:

I bet you'll get a 4.5 lbs loss just so it teases you! I'm always so close when I get near the next stone! And then i slack because I think "I only need to lose half a pound so I can be more naughty" lol. Typical me. :D

Broken : I doubt I'll get it removed. It doesn't matter to me that much and I could just get something pretty on top if I needed. A bra normally covers it though so it's not a huge issue lol :D

Guru : Look at how far you've come and let that motivate you. :) It's what got me smiling last week even though I only had a pound off. It's better than nothing and when you feel healthier it's even better x

It was me :) For the Peppermint tea tip. it's probably to make sure people only give rep for the right reasons and not just because someone gave them rep etc.

I imagine I will get 4.5 or maybe less because my study weigh is a morning weigh and my official WI is an evening weight though they sometimes (not always) are quite close anyway but a loss is a loss and I think I will be happy as long as I get my club 10. (if I get 1.5 I will be gutted even though a loss is a loss)

Hi bethanie, well done on your loss :)

I've got a tattoo, writing up my forearm, which the hubby bought for my 10th wedding anniversary present. I'm not 100% happy with it as some of the t's don't look like they're crossed properly :-/ . It will be interesting to see what happens to it when I've lost weight. I hope it doesn't change too much.

I was thinking of getting some green tea too. I've had it before but didn't like it so I might try some flavoured green tea this time. I've been making sure I have a litre of water every day since last weigh-in to see if that's why I maintained. I hope so.

Good luck to everyone for weigh-in tomorrow. I'm still hoping for that half pound for my half stone award lol. It's my last session before we go on hols so it would be really nice to get it xx

Thanks Snowbry x

But yeah if the peppermint tea helps others it will deffo be worth it! I may make myself a cuppa soon actually, have it whilst I do some painting..

I find that's the problem with evening weighing :( I find I don't eat much on weigh in days until I have weighed in.. I think in my head if I eat less I will weigh less. It's a tad annoying!

Mia : I'm sure you'll do well! :D

Hi all! I am sooooooo nervous about tomorrow morning! Looks like you've all had a good week, I was off plan for a few days because I was visiting my folks and didn't want to be difficult for them, other than that (and the comments they made about my weight behind my back) it's been alright! :)
xXx

Sent from my U8815 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back