Tuesday Weighers

Broken Mirrors I was at a funeral yesterday and knew I'd not be able to eat anything at the wake afterwards (because I ordered the food!) so I took some Alpen Lights and some fruit in my bag - a banana, apple and satsuma. When I got home last night I cooked an omelette and I felt SO SMUG that I hadn't eaten the sandwiches at the funeral! Think how good you'll feel when you've resisted and then when you stand on the scales next Tuesday knowing you've been in control :)

Edited to add, I'm going to a family bbq this weekend and expect I won't be able to eat anything there either so will do the same. However, I'm at a big birthday meal next Friday for my 40th birthday and a wedding the following day and I am fully expecting to flexi syn for both those days and try to limit the damage - you have to live sometimes too right? I think it's great you're planning your flexi syns for Saturday night and you're already aware where you might trip up and have planned in advance to try and stop that happening :)

Thanks for the input guys!

MellonCollie the day out is not near where I live so I would be worried the chicken would go funny in bag if it was out of the fridge for a while! I'm really paranoid about chicken though hahaha. I'm going to eat a massive breakfast that morning and make sure to have emergency bars in my handbag.

Guru you should bring some food to the BBQ with you! It's really easy to do SW friendly BBQ food - chicken, homemade SW burgers, any lean meat really, corn on the cob, SW potato salad... Slimster bread makes a great burger bun and is a HEXB (not sure you have them in the UK though, but am sure you have something similar).

Weddings are just a flexi-day for sure, and like you say, you have to live!!

I feel a bit funny about taking food along to the bbq. I don't really want to draw attention to the fact that I'm dieting because everyone will be stood there thinking "yeah, she needs to lose a lot of weight!" I'd rather just not eat and then have something when I get home.

That's fair enough, I can understand what you mean. I am the opposite, I feel like if I don't eat at things at all people will be like "oh so she's finally stopped eating?" or "no wonder she's losing weight, she's starving herself".... not to mention I have no willpower when I smell food and need to have something I can eat there or else I will eat all the things I shouldn't!

Isn't it funny how we all think differently about it? Of course I know it's probably all in my head and no one else actually gives two hoots about what I'm stuffing into my face!

Yeah definitely. We'd probably be a lot slimmer and happier if we stopped caring about what other people think! But such is life. I'm at the cinema tonight so went down to tesco and bought popcorn and 2 marshmellow flumps. Yum and I'll be under my syns!

Guru, I know what you mean about feeling funny about taking your own food to BBQ. I think I would make and bring a massive bowl of slimming world friendly pasta salad or something (for everyone to have a bit with their meal if they want to, so I don't look stuck up asking the hosts to make different meat for me) and then I know I can eat something to avoid the temptation of a hot dog.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ps. I've seen flexi syns mentioned a few times on here. Sorry if it's a dumb question but can anyone explain what this is to me, my consultant hasn't mentioned it and I couldn't find what it is in the books.

Ooo - wonder how many syns are in a hot dog? ;)

Flexi syns are when you decide to go over your syn allowance. You decide how many you might want to have - so it may be as many as you like - but you try to stick to that amount so that there is still some element of control. Rather than just thinking 'oh blow it, I'll go off plan'. It's meant to make you think about what you're eating drinking and give you the ability to go back on plan. You shouldn't expect to lose on a week when you use flexi syns but if you do, that's a bonus! That's my understanding of it anyway.

Hi, I have a BBQ to go to on Sunday but luckily it's just with the family and we are going out for the day but instead of taking a picnic we are taking BBQ food and my brother is taking their BBQ so we will all be taking our own food, so I'll probably take some salad, chicken breasts, potato salad and maybe some pasta or rice which can be shared out.

I like bethanies idea to take a big pasta or pasta salad, maybe you could take some chicken breast for them to cook at least that way it just looks like you are taking some things along for them rather than taking your own slimming world food, that way nobody will need to know :)

Guru, thanks for explaining. That's good if you're in a situation where you're going to go over in syns that there is still a way to keep in control. An average hotdog in a bun (according to my book) without any sauce added is 16 syns. However, a 200g matthesons reduced fat smoked sausage has 6 syns for a quarter - 50g. Use hex B on a wholemeal roll and have some salad on the side. Nom nom. I may need to plan a BBQ soon, lol :)

16 syns! So not worth it.

I know it seems like such a waste :eek:

Just catching up on all the threads here, it has been a while sorry :(

After drinking my way around a pub on my birthday :7834: and eating full fat chips and chicken burger I was good before and after and still managed to be down 2Ibs last Tuesday but I reckon it is because I ate lots of melon and I had had a good week the week before and was up 1.5Ibs

This week we are going to friends house on Sunday but I will have my dinner cooked sw style on Saturday night and they wont mind at all and stay on plan because last weeks drinking may catch up with me next Tuesday and this is * week as well

Last night I went off plan :( My friend who won the cinema tickets brought a box of celebrations too and I couldn't help myself. Where is my discipline??? So I was 15 syns over yesterday! URGHHH! Gonna have to do some serious body magic and pray for a miracle this week.

:bighug:

I think you need this BrokenMirrors, just eat lots of melon and get back on track today, we cant always be perfect, I bet they tasted lovely

Hi All. Joined SW on 5th August and have just found this page for Tuesday weighers so look forward to seeing how everyone has done and hopefully posting how well I've done each week too. Have started off well with a 5lb then 3lbs loss so onwards and downwards :) Good luck all for next few days x

Welcome blue. You're doing great :)

Broken Mirrors up the amount of water you're drinking and that should help get rid of the Celebrations.

Hello and welcome Blue! :)

Back