Tuesday Weighers

Hi All. Joined SW on 5th August and have just found this page for Tuesday weighers so look forward to seeing how everyone has done and hopefully posting how well I've done each week too. Have started off well with a 5lb then 3lbs loss so onwards and downwards :) Good luck all for next few days x

They are fab losses well done you are doing great x

Having a day in today, preparing and cooking and getting some food ready for the BBQ tomorrow!

Just done a dance workout and man I am so unfit!! Need to try and keep that up and increase that a little!

Hope it's ok to join this thread :) you are all doing so great and the inspiration and support on here is fab.

Have a great day everyone xx

Hi everyone !! New to this site and thought I'd get involved in this thread as I weigh Tuesday afternoons (work nights so those are my mornings).. Giving slimming world another go.. Nice to meet you all xx

Hi all, just having a catch up.

Welcome to the thread Blue, Tracey and vikstabalar. Amazing losses blue, well done! :) xx

Welcome! :)

This week has been so and so food wise, Didn't use my syns up for the first few days, then I didn't fancy any SF lol.
Had a lovely steak last night so I don't care! I've stuck to plan so hopefully I'll be alright :)

Welcome Tracey and Vikstabalar!

I have been super good. Survived the bbq and came home to a chicken salad instead. If I don't hit my three stone on Tuesday I'll be absolutely gutted.

I had a steak last night too :). With home made chips, carrots, green beans and mushrooms and some garlic butter for a few syns. I'm still amazed we can eat stuff like that! I'm also really pleased with myself, I went to a house party last night (byob so stayed in control with the drinkies) and around midnight someone went out and brought back, I'm not kidding, 4 huge 16 inch pizzas to share with everyone! :O. I was so tempted, but I didn't touch even a slice. When I got home I made some rice and half a tin of Asda chickpea dahl as a 'free' reward, no super free food but I could either have a green day today (as that was about 3 am) or just do EE call it a win anyway since I resisted the pizza.

a medium slice of take away pizza is 8+ syns I think, so well done. :D

Guru : Don't worry if you don't get your 3st. If you lose it's a win. :D
I normally always get close.. like half a pound away from the next goal, lol :rolleyes:
I'm sure you'll do well, though. :D But if you don't do as well as you planned don't get upset. :)

Evening All, I have come to join you if you don't mind?

I have my first weigh in this Tuesday and I am really hoping for a loss as I have been angelic all week and even turned down lemon cake AND ice cream today :)

Sounds like everyone has been doing great resisting temptations!

Well I went out for BBQ/picnic today, and I stuck to plan and it was easy, I usually give in when I'm out and carry on the next day or give up but in the last 2 weeks I haven't wanted to, maybe this time I can do it maybe I want it more than ever!!

Fingers crossed for your 3st guru but like MelonCollie said, don't let it upset you. There's always next week :) .

Well done on resisting the pizza bethanie, your willpower must be great!

Hi falafel, good luck for your first weigh-in.

I'm weighing myself tomorrow as planned. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it but I hope the scales are kind lol xx

Well done all you lovely ladies (and gents), sounds like you're doing great. Another week is almost done, fingers crossed that we all have a happy weigh day on Tuesday. Thanks MelonCollie and Miataiblue, my willpower is usually terrible or I wouldn't need to be on SW in the first place :p. I've found out that planning ahead for nights out is only half the battle, friends have a terrible habit of changing plans at the last minute (after you've gone to the trouble of scouring restaurant menus online and pre-calculating your syns). There were supposed to be just nibbles. For me nibbles are easy to resist, they don't smell like melted cheese. I just kept thinking, if I ruin it and don't lose weight or even put on just for the sake of one night out of seven then I'd be so disappointed in myself. I'd better lose this week now! Lol.

Have been 100% on plan and even started making the speed soup but * week hit with a vengeance and it is looking like a gain. To be honest, I really dont want to get up on the scales if I have a gain as my mood is not the best at the moment so I think I will go to class but will take a holiday from scales and hope that the fluid retention goes quickly, I'm only 3Ibs off my 6.5st loss

Have been 100% on plan and even started making the speed soup but * week hit with a vengeance and it is looking like a gain. To be honest, I really dont want to get up on the scales if I have a gain as my mood is not the best at the moment so I think I will go to class but will take a holiday from scales and hope that the fluid retention goes quickly, I'm only 3Ibs off my 6.5st loss

Orla it sounds like you have done amazing so far, well done on such a big loss that is fab, you have done so well sticking with it!! They say it gets harder once you are getting more towards your goal (not that I would know cause I never stick at it for long enough, but I will this time) but sometimes you get on those scales and are surprised at the results, most of the time it's not as bad as you think or maybe so much better! I know it is so disappointing getting a gain especially when you have tried so hard but sometimes the results show the following week! Hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will, don't let yourself get down xxx :)

Having said that I am really worried about my weight loss tomorrow. I have been good all week again, although I probably haven't eaten enough fruit and veg but I really wanted to get 3lb for my half stone, I know I shouldn't but I just had a sneaky weigh and it doesn't look like I have anywhere near got that 3lb :( I suppose I need to look at the fact that any loss is in the right direction if indeed I get a loss. My husband keeps telling me that all I need is 1lb a week but I can't help being greedy ;)

Hope everyone has a great day today and good luck for weigh in tomorrow xx

Wow it's great to see so many new people in here! Welcome to you all :)

I seem to have a good week followed by a bad week and I was way over on Saturday (cocktails and cake) as well as having been over on Thursday. I have done lots of body magic but star week has arrived so I am definitely not expecting a loss. I would love to get away with a STS but we'll see. I'll still be going to weigh in tomorrow and I will hopefully be back to my A game this week. I've heard spinach can redeem a bad week so going to fill myself with that today and tomorrow!! Haha.

Tracey, your husband is totally right, small losses stay off and this is the best way to lose weight and maintain it and once you put in a good week it may take the week after to show. I know myself that I have been totally on plan and if I do decide to get up on the scales and I have a gain then I know why and hopefully the following week it will show .

BrokenMirrors, I absolutely detest spinach, no matter how bad I was this I couldnt eat but hopefully it will be sts or a loss

I'm not the biggest fan of it but it's alright cooked with certain things so fingers crossed! Hahaha! I'm going to have to rethink lunches.... with the weather turning I don't think I can keep eating salads nearly every single lunchtime but it's tough to think what else to do, we don't have a microwave in work :(

I'm not the biggest fan of it but it's alright cooked with certain things so fingers crossed! Hahaha! I'm going to have to rethink lunches.... with the weather turning I don't think I can keep eating salads nearly every single lunchtime but it's tough to think what else to do, we don't have a microwave in work :(

It's bugger when you don't have a microwave - do you have a hot water boiler? You could have mug shots but then there is no super free. I sometimes have a mugshot and some carrot sticks when not in the main office (where there is a microwave) Soups and stews are best in the cold weather though - could you take a food flask - the thermos ones (generally pricier) do really keep food hot.

I had a look at some on Amazon but they only keep food hot for about 6 hours - I leave the house at 7.30am and don't get lunch until 1.30pm so it could be touch and go on whether my food is hot or not! I think it is my best bet though so will research some better ones. I don't want to rely on mugshots for the whole winter because they aren't really proper food and even if they're free, I don't think they should be relied on for a meal every day. I'll need to brainstorm!

Make a pasta or rice salad to take with you? I know it's still not hot food, but better (and more filling) than lettuce leaves!

Back