Tuesday Weighers

See it's not that I don't like salad, I've been forcing myself to think outside the box with them and try all kinds of different ones so I don't get bored. It's just cold lunch that's bothering me! I work in a building with floor to ceiling windows opposite the sea, in the summer it's gorgeous but on a day like today it's BLEAK and my part of the building is really drafty so all I want is soup or casserole or curry or something warming. Even some hot beans so I can have beans on toast!!

I cannot understand why we aren't allowed a microwave but I think I'll buy a really pricey flask and hope for the best!

Hairy Monkey Man's (He was like "Don't call me OH's!") flask cost about £15 and keeps hot for at least 12 hours. It has been luke warm the next day when I have changed it before, actually.
He got his either from asda or wilkinsons. Can't remember now!
But yeah, if you get a good one it will hold. :)

I'm thinking a nice chunky soup would be lovely! You could cook it in the slow cooker from when you get home and it'll be ready the next day when you're leaving for work, win win! (I'm gunna have a nice chunky soup tonight, HMM (hairy monkey man) has pizza)
You can also blend a nice butternut squash soup, chicken broth (but not as filling I find) or pre-make mug shots and chuck that in with some cooked chopped up veg? Or you could even pre-make something like batchelors pasta and keep it hot in there! :)

Hope this helps with ideas. :)

I didn't like spinach either until I tried baby spinach leaves, just a bed of it fresh and washed, topped with strips of marinated, pan fried steak. The leaves will just about wilt with the heat, really tasty! Think I'm going to put that on the shopping list for this week. BrokenMirrors, shame about the lack of microwave, investing in a good thermos flask sounds like your best bet.

Hairy Monkey Man's (He was like "Don't call me OH's!") flask cost about £15 and keeps hot for at least 12 hours. It has been luke warm the next day when I have changed it before, actually.
He got his either from asda or wilkinsons. Can't remember now!
But yeah, if you get a good one it will hold. :)

I'm thinking a nice chunky soup would be lovely! You could cook it in the slow cooker from when you get home and it'll be ready the next day when you're leaving for work, win win! (I'm gunna have a nice chunky soup tonight, HMM (hairy monkey man) has pizza)
You can also blend a nice butternut squash soup, chicken broth (but not as filling I find) or pre-make mug shots and chuck that in with some cooked chopped up veg? Or you could even pre-make something like batchelors pasta and keep it hot in there! :)

Hope this helps with ideas. :)

Lol MelonCollie - does he think Hairy Monkey Man is an improvement on OH?

Does that help?

Man if it does I should have drank a bucket load lol

Even though I have been good all week I have a feeling I'm not going to have a very good loss if any!

Does that help?

Man if it does I should have drank a bucket load lol

Even though I have been good all week I have a feeling I'm not going to have a very good loss if any!

We had a discussion last week that it helps prevent water retention (so does green tea) so won't make a huge difference but can help make sure there is no water retention affecting your weigh in.

I don't have any :(. Does it make a big difference and if so will it still work if I buy some tomorrow and have it in the morning? (WI is 7.30). Totm and worried about what tomorrow will bring :,(

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow :)

I've weighed and I've gained 2lbs. After being really upset I realised that * week is due so I'm putting it down to that. I would have really liked a loss before we go on hols though as I know I'll put on next week. I've got my shopping booked for delivery to the caravan with peppermint tea and grapefruits to have before breakfast every day and plenty of fruit as I'm only planning on sticking to plan for breakfast and lunch and deciding each day where to have tea. I'm thinking the alcohol alone will probably cancel out the good stuff though! Lol xx

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow :) I've weighed and I've gained 2lbs. After being really upset I realised that * week is due so I'm putting it down to that. I would have really liked a loss before we go on hols though as I know I'll put on next week. I've got my shopping booked for delivery to the caravan with peppermint tea and grapefruits to have before breakfast every day and plenty of fruit as I'm only planning on sticking to plan for breakfast and lunch and deciding each day where to have tea. I'm thinking the alcohol alone will probably cancel out the good stuff though! Lol xx

I think you have a very good attitude towards your gain! 2lb isn't the worst thing and like you say star week could be the cause of this xx

I love your idea/plan for your holiday! That is a very good idea to stick to plan for breakfast and lunch and then enjoy yourself for dinner and evenings it also keeps you in control for most of the day and keeps you in control of what you are having most of the day!

Have a fab holiday xx

Well I have just weighed in and l lost 2.5lb woop woop pleased with that as I was worried about not loosing! A little gutted I didn't reach my 3lb mini target as that would have been my half stone but I'll get that next week! Really need to eat more super free this week though! Off to buy some peppermint tea and grapefruits!! Need to make some more s/w haribo sweets and maybe try this s/w cake, not sure on that one but I'll give it a go!

Good luck everyone x

For some odd reason I cant view any of the posts on the previous page but not the end of the world if I dont see them

I got up on the scales this morning and it is the same as yesterday, can I ask would peppermint tea make a difference at this late stage as weigh in is at 5.30pm and I'm looking at a gain at the moment (estimating about 2Ibs at this stage)

* week has hit big time and I know myself I have a lot of fluid retention

I am not sure how far in advance you'd need to start the peppermint tea but am sure it wouldnt hurt to have it today?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I forgot my peppermint tea so I'm having a cup of it today. Scales at home are showing 1-2lbs off which I would be really happy with. Lets see if the SW scales are as nice.

I tend not to drink water on a Tuesday so I think I will only have one cup and hope it works, thanks guys

Hopefully it will. I don't drink after lunch on Tuesday and find that tricky enough so it must be hard going all day!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

So i lost the 1lb i gained last week and two more! i think, im doing it myself at home and cant seem to keep track, all i know is i started at 11st 12lb and now im 11st 3lb .4 so :/ xx

I had a cup at about 12pm today and it seems to be working :sick0019:

Back