Tuesday Weighers

Well I'm back from my hols a few lbs heavier I think. I started the week really well and gradually went downhill so I'm definitely expecting a gain this week.

Dasher - I usually just have breakfast but I'll have a light lunch if I'm really hungry. I don't get weighed until 7-7:30 and then have tea when I get back xx

Hi Orla,

Point One (1)
I had seen the thread for the Ireland group. My Mom, in Dublin, is doing Slimming World and I pointed her at the thread for support with things like - Low Syn sausages. As other people on plan from Ireland will know, a LOT of stuff commonly available in supermarket on the British Mainland is not available in the Irish Republic. I expect that our Scottish crew might well learn this pain after a few years of Independence. OMMV

How kind of you to suggest that I might be a journalist or writer, no problem with being asked. (I think.) No - I am not a writer of any kind.

Point Two (2)
Well done you for getting on the scale and facing your fear down! I have been well "off piste" on the diet this week. Yesterday I had a full Roast Beef dinner at a pub in Barnes washed down with 5 pints of Cider. - Can't even imagine how many syns that would amount to as there were several different brands of Cider involved.

I dread the scale tomorrow but understand that in my previous experience, evasion starts a negative spiral that can result in a heavy (pardon the pun) hit to my bank balance when I need new clothes to fit my "prosperity". Like you I will attend, suffer learning that I bust a weeks piety on an afternoon/evening with an old friend. Suck it up, figure out my next steps and get on with it. Not sure there is an alternative to that other than just ambling along!

The way I see the whole weight thing for me is that it went on spoon by spoon, fork by fork. It took some time to build it up and I expect that losing it will be a process.

The soup you are all talking about "speed soup" is that the one with lots of SS food and beans in it? Only if it is the one I tried about 4 years ago best stick to well ventilated areas if the side effects (other than accelerated weight loss) are the same.

More tea vicar?

Have a great day and the best of luck and self control to everyone for tomorrows WI.

Regards,
Ian

Excellent, your response had me in stitches but I do feel you are wasted as you should be a journalist, your use of words are just fantastic.

It is so unfair about all the products you can choose from in the UK and after the inevitable win/loss (which ever way you see it from) of Scotland becoming independent I think you may be right about the products not been available up there either

In relation to the soup, yes that is the one and that is why it is so effective and I generally only eat it at home for the said reasons above.

Thank you for the words of encouragement, I look back now and yes I think it was best to get up on the darn scales last Tuesday, it aint easy knowing your going to be up

Hope you enjoyed the few ciders and the pub dinner, it sounds fabulous

Wouldn't most vegetable based soup be a 'speed soup' based on the premise that it contains 'speed' and 'super speed' veg? I like to make my own soups when I have time and I recently made a load up for the freezer. My lentil and carrot one seems to always get scoffed before I can have some though :(.

Ian, I live in Scotland. I don't know about post independence but right now I find it nearly impossible to get a lot of things at the shops. Wasted about half an hour looking in Tesco for reduced fat chicken kievs and sausage rolls, which, according to SW online, actually exist. Well, according to some people, so does the Loch Ness monster but I'm yet to bear witness. I also have to drive 45 minutes out of my way to go to a supermarket that actually stocks extra lean mince when there are 3 other perfectly good stores within a 10 minute drive. I refuse to shop online because I like to choose my own sell by dates and feel the fruit and veg. I really wish shops were more SW friendly.

On the plus side though, my effort of shopping around did not go entirely to waste. Picked up some cans of sugar free ginger beer and cream soda and also some quorn mini sausages, free on SW unless I am mistaken and rating very high on the Nomishness scale!

Got a couple of cantaloupes and some flavoured teas (including peppermint) :D. Bring it on weigh day.

Sounds like you have more or less the same problem we have bethanie in ireland, could the group you go to have an influence on what your local supermarket stocks that is sw friendly

Hello folks! I've been AWOL off at a meal to celebrate my 40th birthday (which isn't for two weeks yet!) and a wedding. Three days properly off plan - I didn't even flexi syn it - and LOADS of wine and gin. Scales say 8lbs on! Waaahhhhhhh!!! Weigh in tomorrow but it's not likely I'll lose 8lbs in bed tonight. It was a brilliant weekend but bloody hell, it shows how quickly it can go back on!

I am going to go to group and confess my syns (see what I did there? ;) ) and I've been back on plan since this morning.

Hope you have had a lovely time, Guru! I bet you'll get a fair bit off next week. :)

Remember your peppermint tea, ladies and gents. :D

I just had mine.. Along with two coco biccies but those were in my syns. :)

Glad you had a great weekend guru!

I've been chugging peppermint tea all week to try to limit the holiday damage but according to my scales, after a sneaky weigh tonight, I've still gained 4lbs so we'll see what the group scales say tomorrow. Good luck to everyone tomorrow, hope you have some fab losses :) xx

I'm not hopeful for tomorrow as I had a day where I completely lost it last Wednesday (there was a whole stick of rock... and THREE slices of bread and butter!!) and then today I have completely let myself down by eating a load of leftover buffet food!!

The sad thing is I know I'm only 1lb off my next award and am off on holiday on Friday so this week was a bit of a last chance saloon for me for a while!!

<snip soup>

Ian, I live in Scotland. I don't know about post independence but right now I find it nearly impossible to get a lot of things at the shops. Wasted about half an hour looking in Tesco for reduced fat chicken kievs and sausage rolls, which, according to SW online, actually exist. Well, according to some people, so does the Loch Ness monster but I'm yet to bear witness. I also have to drive 45 minutes out of my way to go to a supermarket that actually stocks extra lean mince when there are 3 other perfectly good stores within a 10 minute drive. I refuse to shop online because I like to choose my own sell by dates and feel the fruit and veg. I really wish shops were more SW friendly.

On the plus side though, my effort of shopping around did not go entirely to waste. Picked up some cans of sugar free ginger beer and cream soda and also some quorn mini sausages, free on SW unless I am mistaken and rating very high on the Nomishness scale!
<snip preparations>
:D. Bring it on weigh day.

Bethanie,

Totally with you on the online shopping and veg/fruit choices. I once ordered stuff from Ocado online only to have them deliver two bags of spuds that were end of shelf life on the delivery day. I switched to Waitrose where they seem to have started their own service to damage control what Ocado were doing to their brand... but I digress.

Have you considered buying some lean meat then asking your butcher to mince it for you? Though personally I've taken to using the Quorn mince instead of minced beef. It is NOT as tasty though.

Have a great WI day tomorrow Bethanie and everyone else.

Regards,
Ian

Sounds like you have more or less the same problem we have bethanie in ireland, could the group you go to have an influence on what your local supermarket stocks that is sw friendly

I can always mention it. There was a discussion last week about the Malcolm Allen beef burgers that are free on red and EE plans. The consultant was bemoaning the fact that they were supposed to be available but were always out of stock locally. Her attitude was more of an 'oh well, that's life' sort, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I actually found the burgers in a store two towns over (I occasionally have to drive to different places for my work and if I have time I will check out the shops). Personally, I wouldn't recommend the burgers as the ones I made with EL mince and onion were waaaay nicer.

Hello folks! I've been AWOL off at a meal to celebrate my 40th birthday (which isn't for two weeks yet!) and a wedding. Three days properly off plan - I didn't even flexi syn it - and LOADS of wine and gin. Scales say 8lbs on! Waaahhhhhhh!!! Weigh in tomorrow but it's not likely I'll lose 8lbs in bed tonight. It was a brilliant weekend but bloody hell, it shows how quickly it can go back on! I am going to go to group and confess my syns (see what I did there? ;) ) and I've been back on plan since this morning.

Guru, it's downright scary how fast it can come back on! All you can do is get right back on track but try not to worry or beat yourself up over it, you'll get it off again :). Lol @ confess syns.

I'm not hopeful for tomorrow as I had a day where I completely lost it last Wednesday (there was a whole stick of rock... and THREE slices of bread and butter!!) and then today I have completely let myself down by eating a load of leftover buffet food!! The sad thing is I know I'm only 1lb off my next award and am off on holiday on Friday so this week was a bit of a last chance saloon for me for a while!!

I'm sure you'll get that award soon Amanda, we need to keep looking forward and just put the off days behind us, we all have days like that sometimes. Hope you enjoy your holiday :D

Bethanie, Totally with you on the online shopping and veg/fruit choices. I once ordered stuff from Ocado online only to have them deliver two bags of spuds that were end of shelf life on the delivery day. I switched to Waitrose where they seem to have started their own service to damage control what Ocado were doing to their brand... but I digress. Have you considered buying some lean meat then asking your butcher to mince it for you? Though personally I've taken to using the Quorn mince instead of minced beef. It is NOT as tasty though. Have a great WI day tomorrow Bethanie and everyone else. Regards, Ian

Not the biggest fan of Quorn mince, I find it a bit tasteless. I bought the normal quorn sausages once, cooked them and they went grey, totally put me off, lol. That's a good idea, getting it at butchers though, might just try that.

Thanks and same to you.

Just realised the length of this post, I'll stop waffling now! Good luck tomorrow everyone :D

Hi all, sorry I have been MIA the past few weeks, I have been really ill and completely off plan (hubby has been cooking) :( I am expecting a gain, anything over 5lbs I will be gutted anything under and I will be relieved!! Good luck to you all today, I will update later on as I will be taking my kids to soft play straight afterwards (last day off for them :( ). Hope you all have a great day.
xXx

Sneaky peek on the scales suggests I will have a sts, to be fair I suppose it is not looking like a gain and I can get over it but it is just so frustrating to work your butt off for the week and to see the same weight at the end of it. My former consultant said that no matter how bad the mood was after weigh in I always got back on track and my motivation never wained but there is only so much of this you can do before you get totally fed up. I have to remember that I'm not really obese anymore and if I'm losing half a pound a month (like last months total) then eventually I will reach target (maybe in 5 years time)

So I was hoping my gain was going to be no more than 5lbs, boy was I wrong. 7lbs I have gained which means I am heavier now than when I started SW :( Now the real battle begins, do I get my act together or give up? Seriously is there any point in continuing, I have zero motivation right now.

Barbie absolutely you should continue. You know deep down you want to as well because you're posting here and if you didn't want to keep going you would have slunk off (like I've done a few times...!).

You haven't been well, life happens sometimes, it gets in the way and 7lbs might seem like a lot but it went on quickly which means if you go back on plan right away, you can get it off in about 2 weeks.

I will put it to you this way, any time I have given up on something because I've been struggling to lose weight or it's gotten hard, I've put on a lot more than 7lbs in the following months.

Don't give up, you can do this :) Just rant if you need to rant, be annoyed, be disappointed but get up tomorrow and start again.

joining in on Tuesdays, just rejoined group. :(

Lumina

:welcome:to our little group.
Pull up a chair and join in any time you have something to say! Best of luck on your journey.

Regards,
Ian

Hi all

Just switching groups as I have been a Monday weigher up until yesterday but my class is closing so I'll be Tuesday from next week.

Put on 9.5lb last night after holidays - totally expected so not phased and hoping I get a first week weight loss next week to get most of it back off.

Good luck to everyone yet to weigh today xx

Barbie Girl, everything BrokenMirrors has said I totally agree with, when I came back from holidays last January I put on 13.5Ibs, albeit I had a five week holiday of a lifetime, I never gave up even though I was upset and annoyed with myself and you can do the same.

Don't see it as weight you have to get off, you draw a line and leave it behind you and you think this is my first week again and start afresh, trust me this works. It took me five weeks to get my holiday weight off, yours is half that and will be off in shorter time

Back