Tuesday Weighers

Ohh fingers crossed for you too, Orla! It's always so nerve-racking on the day when you want your next award, isn't it? :D

I stayed the same this week. I have NO IDEA why so I am very sad about it. Never mind, on to next week.

Well done to you all for the great losses!

3lbs off for me, i am so happy!!

2.5 off this week. That erases last week's gain from my memory and puts me within a hop, skip and jump of a 1 Stone award next week.:wavey:

I did start doing body-magic after last week's debacle. Einstein is generally referred to as having said that insanity is repeating the same things and expecting a different result. In an effort not to label my weight loss journey as insane changes need to be made.

I have met the requirements for week one of the bronze body magic award and fully intent to continue next week. Three instances of walking for 45 mins isn't a big difference to a normal week for me so. A word of warning though, don't trust your satnav for a 4 Mile walk around an area that you are not familiar with. Google Maps died on my way back from Hounslow today. After about 3.5 miles walking she stopped bossing me about and when I checked the screen the was a warning " Google maps has stopped." :pcwhack:

That was when rain started... Starting it up she was not able to connect with Google and said try again later... I was about to give in and went to find a bus stop. Waiting for the bus the thought dawned that I could follow the bus route back and not ruin the entire effort. - Which I did. I expect it added a mile to my four mile walk but on the plus side I *will* sleep soundly tonight.

Props on all the impressive weight losses this week. Next week I will take my place with people "doing well on plan" - please God.:bighug:

Regards,
Ian

Some good losses again tonight - go Tuesdays!!

I lost 1lb but happy with that as it was enough to get me my two stone award. Aiming for more next week!

Sadly I'm not going to continue with the impressive losses, I was up 2.5Ibs, no not up half but up 2.5Ibs, to say I'm gutted is an understatement as I was 100% on plan and I think your words ring home to me Ian about changing, I think I need to introduce new foods into my plan.

I have to say I had an inkling that I was going to be up even though I didnt get up on my own scales. Today, my sister, mam and I are going down to Galway to get the results of Mam's scan and I think that is why I had the gain, I'm totally stressed out, lets hope we get good news and I might try and relax a little and hopefully get rid of that 2.5Ibs gain and a lot more as well

Oh Orla - I am so sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes okay with the scan results.

I follow quite a few food diaries on here that give me loads of ideas for food etc so maybe that might be an idea?

Had the worst gain I've ever had on any plan ever. I was bad in Spain, but I still don't think I was bad enough to deserve the gain I got. I am gutted, literally have set myself back weeks and while I enjoyed my holiday, I am really really angry at myself for not being a bit more disciplined.

1lb off last night, still a loss but was hoping for more. Going to write a food diary for the week again :)

Thank you guys, you have me in tears, I have to say I do value all the kind words that have been sent to me and I would like to think I'm helping others too. I think I might try and see some of the food diaries here and change my foods around and see does this help. It just goes to show how much stress can affect a weigh in, I hope to get good news and then hopefully will be stress free but if the news is bad, I have to find a way of getting rid of it as this could be a regular occurence (hopefully not)

BrokenMirrors, I know exactly how you feel, I had the same feeling when I came back from NZ and OZ and even though it was a holiday of a lifetime, I was still gutted and didnt relax until all the weight I had gained was gone and that took 5 weeks so take it from me you can do this. I have to say this, your one of the few I do love seeing on here, I would see you as somebody if I was to meet you in person, you come across as a leader as you give sound practical advice and I know you can do this. I know if you want to rant at me now because no matter what people say your feeling down now but when your mood lifts (yes it will) hopefully you will see this post as an encouraging one and maybe a little motivational

Sending you big hugs hun :gen126:

Thanks so much for the kind words Orla, I really need them (and the hugs!). I was only away for 5 days and I gained more than a pound for every day I was there :(
I was actually a bit annoyed as well last night because part of me wanted to avoid going (especially as I flew home last Monday night and was in work all day yesterday) , but I took my own advice and went to face it because I didn't want to slide into a bad week this week. I told the person weighing me that I thought it was going to be bad, and when I got on the scales she laughed and said "yeah, bad bad bad". I tend to brave out my gains and not let it show if I am upset by them, but I just left after weighing in because I felt so discouraged.

I know I can get through this and it will just take a couple of weeks to get me back on track. I wouldn't say I'm a leader at all, haha, but I do think you have to do it for yourself and be your own hero in this, which is why I went to weigh in last night and am back on the forums today, hard as it is to face it (facing it makes it real). The 12's will be waiting a while for me after all, but such is life. If I hadn't joined SW 5 months ago I could be looking at the 17's again, which I swore I would never have to see on a scales again.

I've been off plan for several weeks now, things beyond my control, but I'm back on plan today! I will be going to WI next Tuesday and I'm certain it will still show a gain on whatever I weighed before I went off plan but I am definitely back! I don't know the actual numbers or my starting weight because I get obsessive and knowing the figure of a gain might kick me off plan again. But today I've been 100%! Looking forward to reporting in again on Tuesday!

Back