Tuesday Weighers

We've got a Christmas taster next week.. No idea what to do. I'm thinking of my swiss rolls with some oranges/Clementine in the middle or cranberries and to make it a bit more christmassy put a syns worth of choc shot on the top? Going to test it this weekend for sure.

Not sure for what else I can do! I don't want to make anything that will be over a syn per serving.

I'm thinking also maybe something sweet with cinnamon (That always makes me think christmas) but again not sure what..

Anyone got any ideas? :)

We've got a Christmas taster next week.. No idea what to do. I'm thinking of my swiss rolls with some oranges/Clementine in the middle or cranberries and to make it a bit more christmassy put a syns worth of choc shot on the top? Going to test it this weekend for sure. Not sure for what else I can do! I don't want to make anything that will be over a syn per serving. I'm thinking also maybe something sweet with cinnamon (That always makes me think christmas) but again not sure what.. Anyone got any ideas? :)

The SW chocolate log is yummy - mix in options white hot choc powder with the quark and some fresh raspberries and it's less than a Syn per slice. Really tasty. Don't use the ovaltine hot choc in the cake, but use options an just one sachet!

Scotch eggs are good, what about cinnamon roasted chickpeas?

I've had 2 bags of mini eggs in the last day :'( someone give me a kick up the bum please

Looks to me like we all need to agree to put a line in the sand and step over it. What is past is past, time to dust ourselves off and get moving in the direction that we want to find ourselves.

I would *REALLY* like to get my one stone badge this week but am not really feeling the cravings for SS foods! :eek:

Be that as it may I am about to have a very low syn fish risotto rather than the juicy steak & Chips that I would desire.

I hope that Brokenmirrors, Orla, ButttonGirl and I can all sail on to impressive losses come next Tuesday. Good luck to all the Tuesday crew.

Best wishes,
Ian

OMG I love slimatea, I drink a few cups before bed the night before weigh-in (my group starts early), I like to be as light as possible for the scales :)

I must get some of this Slimatea! Where do you get it?

Thanks for the well wishes Ian, hopefully we can indeed get a good loss next week. Although if you fancy steak and chips, then that's what you should be having. Very easy to do on SW! Get your slimming world chips on, and I really like steak done in the pan with butter frylight and heaps of mushrooms and onions. You should try and find SW ways around your cravings so you don't feel deprived.

I've been good on plan now since weigh in but feel so fat. I might as well fess up to you all and tell you that I gained 6 pounds. 6 POUNDS! I want it off ASAP. I was so so close to the 12's and now am a full half stone away again :(

I'm sure you will get that 6lb off in no time, I buy my slimatea from my local health foods shop, you can also buy it from Holland and barratt :) xx

Sent from my U8815 using MiniMins.com mobile app

BrokenMirrors a lot of any gain like that will be water even after a holiday and some times eating out etc while away can add salt and things which makes water retention more likely I am sure you will see a big loss this week and then be in the 12's very soon. <3

I really hope you're both right! I was gutted but am getting over it. Back 100% which is what matters really isn't it?

@Tanyalina: Try black coffee in the morning. Apparently it does wonders...

Regards,
Ian

Thank you but even the smell of coffee knocks me sick xxx
Ah, my Mom is the same. Even thinking about the smell of a coffee slice makes her ack!

Possibly worth asking a question on a nutrition forum about what you could eat that would gently encourage return to a natural rhythm. This was how I discovered that I have an allergy to Kiwi fruit!

Regards,
Ian

I really wish I could like posts on my phone lol.

You've hit the nail on the head brokenmirrors, the main thing is that you're back on plan now and if you can't push the boat out a bit when you're on hols then when can you?

There is so much support on this thread. There's always someone with fab advice or just a few kind words when you're feeling down and it makes all the difference :)

I've never heard of the slimtea although I'm not really a tea lover. I have a few cups of peppermint tea throughout the week (only since starting sw) but I'm definitely a coffee lover through and through lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was up 1 and a half pounds last week and was determined to get back on track. I must of done something right because I was down 8.5lb this week! Delighted. I also got my 1 stone award and I'm only a bit off my stone and a half! :D

Can I join please? I'm a Thursday weigher. I have lost a stone and have a stone to go?!!

Hi Minimammy,
Nice results so far! I would say welcome but I think that you took a wrong turn at the "Slimming world - weekly weigh in". This is the thread for the the other T - Tuesday.

There is a Thursday weigher thread there (I checked). Not sure how to link to another thread; so I won't fight the BB code that I probably don't have enough posts to use.

Unless, of course, you are fighting autocorrect and you are a Tuesday weigher...
whereupon :happy096: :welcome:

Have a great weigh!

Kind regards,
Ian

Last edited:
I'm a bad girl, I binged on my sons birthday last Wednesday, I then start success express first thing Thursday morning and made it until Friday night. This weekend has been pants, I made it through most of Saturday, then I hit the crisps, cake and chocolate in the evening, I had a LARGE big mac meal with extra large fries and bbq sauce on Sunday then nibbled on loads of gammon with the fat etc still on then ate ice cream and toffee cheesecake .:badmood: Saturday morning I weighed 10.6 which was a pound less than what I weighed at group on Tuesday and today I am just under 10.7. To be honest my weight could have been much worse but I am so annoyed with myself, this has been the first week since re-joining SW that I have struggled. In the past month I have had the odd off plan meal but I flexi synned and got straight back into food optimising easily but this week has been so hard :( Today I will have to work my butt off to get this extra pound off because when I get to group and find out I have gained I tend to spiral out of control. I really hate myself right now, and now I'm gonna have to do some hiit exercise. :sigh2:

Back