Tuesday Weighers

I am so happy tonight.:) I have lost 3.5lb in week 2 and this gave me my half stone award and also slimmer of the week. I'm loving this diet. I've not used Minimins very much before but hope that I can use it to get help and adviceto keep me on track and help me when I fall off the wagon so to speak. Can someone tell me how to get the awards on your page please?

Thanks Lisa

Click on the link below for the award codes, find the code for the award you want and highlight, right click, copy. To add them to your signature go to your signature settings you will need to click on the insert picture icon which is near where you adjust your font etc, paste it into the box when it appears. You might get the letters IMG appear next to the award when you preview it, just delete them it wont affect anything. Hope that helps :) xXx

Thank you ladies, thrilled with this (even though in my signature I have the tears icon still). Nothing happening this week to sabotage this but * week due next week so will have to drink the peppermint tea lots :sigh:

I was away last week. Just read back through the thread and caught up on all the drama!!

I maintained this week which I'm DELIGHTED with because when I last weighed in 2 weeks ago I was finally half a pound away from my next award (that I've been aiming for for the past 3 months) and the lightest I've ever been as an adult.

However, after that weigh-in 2 weeks ago I then had an off-plan lunch with my sister on a day out in Derby, then went to France for 3 days where I ate what I liked and nearly drank the country dry of red wine, then on Friday I went to Nottingham beer festival AND went out for a curry!!!!

Other than that I've been on plan but with the change in the weather I haven't had much exercise, although in France we did hire bikes one day and we used the hotel pool a bit too.

So I'd expected a gain of some kind so to find I was still at my lightest ever and so close to my next award has made me feel amazing and that I could get that award next week if I stick to plan.

I have recently implemented some changes in my diet so maybe that's helped too.

Delighted to see others have had a good week too!! Although that Slimatea sounds scary.

That is fantastic Amanda, it is a good feeling when you expect a gain and you had a sts. I'm wondering does the slimatea help with * week as this is due next week

We had a lot of gains and STS's at our group as well even though most stuck to plan.

I myself had a sts but I feel bloated and like poop (ill) so I'm not shocked really. I just hope that me being good will show next week. I'm half gutted that I didn't stay for the christmas taster. I just really felt too ill, though. :(

MelonCollie, I think this is the time of year for colds and flus as the weather adjusts and this definitely shows on the scales because your retaining fluid, you should see it next week

MelonCollie fluid retention is a b**ch. (Butch?!). I always hate it when it's my star week and it goes up because of fluid retention! I seem to remember reading that things like blueberries, acai berries and cranberries were good for flushing it through. Don't quote me on that though ;)

I so badly want to do well this week that I am borderline obsessive. Star week has arrived now so the bloating should be gone by Tuesday! Did a load of SW cooking last night and got out for my walk in the miserable weather, really pleased with myself at the moment :)

It is amazing just how we get the strength at a difficult time to get some much needed motivation and determination, well done BrokenMirrors

So I have had another bad start to this week, but today I have finally got myself back on plan (Yay!!). I am feeling really low at the moment, I have zero energy whichs makes me feel crap, I'm not sure if it's the change in weather or if star week is approaching. What are you all doing this weekend?

Thanks Orla! I don't know where it's come from but am glad to have my head back in the game. Currently resisting free cheesecake in the office.... Cheesecake is my favourite :(

BarbieGirl sorry to hear you're feeling a bit crap :( I think it's the change in weather, because a lot of people seem to be struggling at the moment. I'm going to the cinema tonight, and then just staying in and taking it easy the rest of the weekend. Might get some housework done! Am absolutely smashed, since it's a 5 week month and I was on holidays. Eek! Have you any nice plans?

I agree with BrokenMirrors Barbie Girl, I think the change in weather is making me feeling a bit sluggish but I have to say what is funny is we all seem to be either approaching or at the end of * week, mine are due any day

BrokenMirrors I LOVE cheesecake so huge well done on that, it aint easy

I think the weather coupled with darker mornings/evenings has a lot to answer for. I've had the snuffles since Saturday and have been waiting for it to mutate into a full-blown cold but it doesn't look like it's going to happen - I blame the change in weather from warm & dry to cool & wet. But I am struggling a bit with getting up and I put that down to it being darker now. Seasonal changes, that's the umbrella term for it!

I brought 2 boxes of Kipling cakes into work this week because it was my birthday last week and I've managed to resist temptation! I could probably have them as they are within my syns (about 7 each) but lately I've found that having all my syns doesn't really help my weight loss so I don't always use them all.

I always use my syns, at least 10 a day but usually 13 and over. Otherwise I would lose my mind and eat everything.... like very indulgent bailey's cheesecake I am still resisting! Have you made any SW cheesecakes Orla? I've seen a good few recipes but wasn't sure if they would be nice/worth the syns.

Apparently there is a Baileys cheesecake in the Xmas book I'll be getting next week because I bought a 12 weeks countdown, I will pass the recipe ladies! Enjoy the weekend...
my week so far so good but is the weekend when I mess everything up..x

I love Bailey's! I got a recipe for Bailey's chocolate pots in one of the magazines. If I hit my pre-xmas target, then I will be sinking a few Bailey's coffees :D They're my festive treat but the way is make them is SUPER synful. I usually lose the run of myself at the weekend too, but I want to be able to come onto this thread happy and proud on Tuesday instead of dreading WI.

out tomorrow night - hope it doesn't ruin my week!

I'm out tonight too - a meal. Hoping that doesn't ruin my chances either!!

A bit of happy news. I sell my old clothes on eBay when they get too big for me and I buy "new" tops on there too. About 10 months ago I sold a Mantaray top that I loved, because it was a size 20 and it was huge on me in the end. Currently I am shopping for size 10 tops and someone is selling the same top!! So I'm bidding on it!

That's amazing Amanda!! Hope you win it :) just had a bacon sambo and melon for brekkie. I really should go out for a walk but can't find any motivation. Need someone to shout at me!

Thanks Broken! Fingers crossed...

I feel the same about exercise. I used to swim every day during the week then changed jobs and resolved to swim 2 evenings a week. I struggle to find the motivation to be honest as on a normal day I am out of the house for nearly 12hrs as it is and going swimming stretches that into almost 14 (I can't drive so it's all crappy public transport). But that's been okay as I've been cycling quite a bit this summer, sometimes to work during the week and sometimes to the local forest at weekends. However it's now too dark for me to cycle to work and this week I realised I have had zero exercise!! This is a first for me in a very long time. And the trouble with me is the less I do something, the less I want to do something, even things I love, so now I'm coming up with reasons not to swim or cycle. So today my plan is to cycle to the pool (about 5 miles) and swim for half an hour or so then cycle back. Someone please make me actually do it!! Cos I've already looked out the window and thought "ooh, maybe it's too windy to bike it".

So Broken - do it do it do it! You know you will feel ace if you do. :thumbup:

Back