Tuesday Weighers

Don't think I updated last week. I put 1lb on then lost 2.5lbs this week. I was nominated for miss slinky but didn't win (the other ladies deserved it far more!)

ForumRunner_20141105_110117.png

Yes I won, it was lovely considering I actually gained 1.5Ibs but it is weird but whenever I get nominated for any sw award I always put on that week even though I was totally on plan but when I think about it I had no soup made and I was fairly bold on treat night last week so this week I stuck to my syns last night as I'm going away on Friday to Cork (south of Ireland) for my christmas visit with DH's sister, hubby and two kids and I plan to stick to it totally as I want that 1.5Ibs gone and a lot more

You too my dear, I have to be honest Snow, I'm not surprised you were voted Miss Slinky, well done

Thank you Orla, that's really kind. I can't believe I got both this and woman of the year so I must be doing something right in group. You clearly are a big inspiration to your group as you are in this thread. Your photo is lovely too. I have put a photo up in my food diary (which may as well be just my diary for all the rambling I do in it that is not food related)

Join the club, last year I was beaten by one vote for both woman of the year and Miss slinky and now I win both

I get a lot of people stopping me and praising for me and telling me I'm an inspiration, at first I was a little embarrassed but then I thought it might be hard for someone to come up and tell me and I always thank them now, a few have joined since I was on the local paper and it does me good knowing I have helped others to join up and put a real smile back on their face

Keep up the good work and one more question, is there a sticker I can up here for Miss Slinky

Well done Ian on being Mr Sleek and well done to everyone who lost :)

Thanks SnowB. Not sure that I deserve it, the guy I was up against has been a motivator for me but the boost was nice. :D

Having small losses or STS when you are *actually* trying can be so demotivating. As I'm sure that everyone is aware - I expect we all have unlooked for good weeks and surprise weeks where less than expected is lost.

I embrace the process and trust that the plan works.®

Regards,
Ian (Hiding from the cold. Brrrr!)

Join the club, last year I was beaten by one vote for both woman of the year and Miss slinky and now I win both

I get a lot of people stopping me and praising for me and telling me I'm an inspiration, at first I was a little embarrassed but then I thought it might be hard for someone to come up and tell me and I always thank them now, a few have joined since I was on the local paper and it does me good knowing I have helped others to join up and put a real smile back on their face

Keep up the good work and one more question, is there a sticker I can up here for Miss Slinky

I went looking to see if I could find a Mr Sleek one last night but failed to find one. That said I think I would rather have another stone off than a cert and an extra sticky. YMMV

Props on your Mrs Slinky! We can never know where our example helps others to carry their burden; I expect that you probably have helped people. Our consultant commented about the other guy up for Mr Sleek and I; how the fact that we stayed through body image each week was helping other men to join. I guess that having another bloke in the room does take the edge off being at what otherwise looks like a WI meeting! ;)

Have a great week.

Regards,
Ian

Last edited:
I never though I had a chance of either only joining this year, and we do have (not many but some) long time members! I am still a bit awkward when people say nice things to me as I don't know what to say but I try to be encouraging and hopefully I am.

Ian, I should have a proper look at my history but I do seem to stick every now and again and then have a bigger loss so maybe I have one of those coming. i hope so There is nothing for it but to stick to plan. I know definitely won't lose by coming off it! That's how I got to this weight to begin with.

Orla I don't think there is a sticker on here- I will make my own tonight by photographing the sticker and trimming it and posting it in my diary like I did with Woman of the Year. It is not perfect but you are welcome to use that link too if you like (and the woman of the year one too if you want :)

1/2lb off taking me to 10lbs loss over 6wks

Congratulations to all the Miss Slinkys! After a terrible week last week I lost 5lbs this week! I am so pleased - and I've dropped another BMI point. I am SO close to going down into the next stone bracket and can't wait.

Congratulations to all the Ms slinkys and Mr sleeks ( not sure if I'd read there was any but didn't want to leave anyone out) well done . There hasn't been any mention of it in our group yet . My weightloss is on a serious go slow lately , lost 1lb this week after being 109% on plan and have almost bodymagic'd myself to death ? kinda had hoped for more but it wasn't to be . I'm happy that I had a loss gosh I hope I don't sound ungrateful but I just really wanted to get out of the 16's .... There's always next week I suppose ?
Good luck for the coming week everyone

Eat up your Syns. You earned them!

I82much,

Might well be that you need to eat more. Your loss to date would suggest that you would be aware but not eating enough can hamper weight loss. Our body goes into starvation mode. Enjoy ALL your syns for the week and revel in a better loss next Tuesday.

Regards,
Ian

Last edited:
I82much, Might well be that you need to eat more. Your loss to date would suggest that you would be aware but not eating enough can hamper weight loss. Our body goes into starvation mode. Enjoy ALL your syns for the week and revel in a better loss next Tuesday. Regards, Ian

I think you may just have hit the nail on the head Ian , I had a look back over my food diaries , normally I eat between 10/15 syns a day but last week I only had between 5/7. I also noticed that I didn't drink any more water even though I did greatly increase my time on the treadmill . Thank you for your reply , it's much appreciated :)

Oh and I'm over my Syn allowance for today but only by 4 ?

sts AGAIN! this is getting silly!

Thank you everyone, havent had a chance to read all the posts here but just one thing Ian, I would be the one who has been there the longest and the one person who stays to image therapy who has lost the most so maybe that is why and I'm on the social team as well

It definitely made me realise that I'm helping others and that I'm appreciated for what I do

Snow, I copied your Miss Slinky sticker and added in, it looks good there

By the way, the photo I changed as my avatar, the woman with me is my fabulous fairly new consultant Sinead, I get on so well with her

Day 2 of sparkly notebook tracking.... All going well so far. How's everyone else feeling this week? Finding it hard to do my walking with how cold it's gotten.

Back