Tuesday Weighers

2 1/2 Lbs off for me this week. Got my 1 1/2 Stone award but still feel like I should have got more. Will I ever be satisfied?

I was writing the certificates for the group this week and it is an eye opener to see how important every weigh in is for the person that is weighed. It really is a series of personal triumphs and disasters that you see before you. That gives me some more perspective on my own journey. I can see other people who are putting a brave face on not understanding why the scales is not reflecting their efforts.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who had a loss. Props to those who STS or Gained but HAVE NOT GIVEN UP. This is a process and we are learning our new normal and bedding it in.

Have a great week.

Regards,
Ian

1lb off this week... Getting hard to loose now... At a healthy BMI... Also for slimmer of the month, which was a huge surprise and booted me for this week... Still hoping for 3 stone before Christmas which will take me to 10st 2lb seems so far away x

So happy tonight, was down 2.5Ibs everyone has done so well only four more weigh ins to Christmas now I have to update my stats

Deleted repeat post

Last edited:
Hey peeps, hope you all had fab weeks. I lost 5 1/2lb last night! I was shocked even though I was anticipating a loss, I was wanting 2 1/2lb off for my 1 stone award. It's star week for me as well so I was thinking I probably wouldn't see as huge a loss. This is fab and I am now at 19st on the nose! Which is where I wanted to be on last weigh in before Christmas so now I am ahead of my expectations lol :D

Hey peeps, hope you all had fab weeks. I lost 5 1/2lb last night! I was shocked even though I was anticipating a loss, I was wanting 2 1/2lb off for my 1 stone award. It's star week for me as well so I was thinking I probably wouldn't see as huge a loss. This is fab and I am now at 19st on the nose! Which is where I wanted to be on last weigh in before Christmas so now I am ahead of my expectations lol :D

That's fab, well done

Thanks Target, heading to Dublin tomorrow and this makes me more determined to even maintain and work really hard the following week

kcbmama84, wow that is just fantastic, keep up the good work and you should be moving to the next stone category next week, well done

So happy tonight, was down 2.5Ibs everyone has done so well only four more weigh ins to Christmas now I have to update my stats

That is an excellent result Orla. Looks like you will get to spend Christmas in the lower BMI category following your current trend. Well done! That has important health implications I understand.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to remember which week we were given the Present Label to write our present wish for Christmas? I wrote a target but did not write the date so am not sure when/if I hit that target. (My club 10 and initial Target are off in the distance of another year!)

Do chara,
Ian

As far as I remember, when we got our tags it was 8 weeks to final christmas weigh in but I could be out a little

Ian, do you know when I first joined there was 4 major achievements I wanted to reach and they were as follows:

I would be able to fit into size 16 clothes - done about July this year
I would lose 6st - done 15/7/14
My BMI would be in the 20's - very nearly there and
to reach target - close

If I lose 2Ibs this week (it is possible even going to Dublin tomorrow) then it will be a tear jerker because for so long it has been in my head and I never thought I would reach it ever but 2Ibs away from that because really we are all doing this for our health

That sounds right SummerDiary

Thanks SummerDiary and Orla,

That lets me do the math and see that I got the 8lbs off :checkmark green: that then seemed like an awful lot of weight.

I guess it is the same thing they talk about with people in service industry roles. £90 (130€) to fix a tap seems a bargain when the water is gushing up out of it destroying your kitchen or bathroom. When a plumber spends 5 mins putting a new washer in and presents the bill it suddenly seem an excessive charge for such a little thing!

Truth is that I am a happier ME without the 8lbs and the 8lbs extra would see me less happy.

Looking forward to an enjoyable Christmas and knowing shopping will be easier as a smaller me!

Have a great week folks!
:26:
Ian

As far as I remember, when we got our tags it was 8 weeks to final christmas weigh in but I could be out a little

Ian, do you know when I first joined there was 4 major achievements I wanted to reach and they were as follows:

I would be able to fit into size 16 clothes - done about July this year
I would lose 6st - done 15/7/14
My BMI would be in the 20's - very nearly there and
to reach target - close

If I lose 2Ibs this week (it is possible even going to Dublin tomorrow) then it will be a tear jerker because for so long it has been in my head and I never thought I would reach it ever but 2Ibs away from that because really we are all doing this for our health

It is excellent to hear of someone getting to mark a check next to their achievement list. The sheer hope that conveys for all of us is superb. You are already at a BMI that is lower than my target will put me at.

Attainable goals and step by step, spoon by spoon, fork by fork we will get there.

Keep away from Elephant & Castle and Tribeca while you are in Dublin. I guess that 2-3 stone of me is from their Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Dublin has plenty of healthy food available and it is a very walkable city. Unless you have feeders there who will derail you, results should not slow from a visit to Dublin. Oh - keep away from the coddle too. (Homer mode now ... <drool> mmmm Coddle.)

Why do we all get embarrassed at our own tears? As a bloke it is even more of a rule never to be seen to cry, but why can't we demonstrate emotion at important things in OUR lives instead of at a Football Tournament or Election? WHEN you get that 2lbs feel free to cry another 2lbs off if it is honest emotion Orla!

Have a great week.

Do chara,
Ian

Do you know Ian, you have me in tears, your words are so touching. Have to say I absolutely adore Elephant and Castle, the ambience is just so relaxing, myself and DH stayed in a hotel beside Temple Bar Hotel and we actually ate in there, it was pure divine but very high on syns. I have been in touch with friends who are in slimming world and they recommended two, Luigi Malone and The Counter and my friend whom I'm staying with said she ate in Luigi Malone's before and apparently is right beside our hotel (I will be wearing heels so limited walking is very necessary)

So happy that you are looking forward to a spot of shopping, I have always dreamed of shopping in Oxford Street so some day I will definitely do it but just need to go to the credit union first and get a loan, 8Ibs lighter is fantastic and a huge achievement for you, you always seem to have a busy social life (no I'm not jealous !!!)

I used to live in Dublin (I might DH up there, he is from Mayo and I'm from Athlone) so I love doing walkabout on a nice winter sunny afternoon, I plan to walk from Heuston Station to the hotel so that is a nice walk and then walk over to Henry Street as I have an eye on a dress in Debenhams (red lace and totally gorgeous) so plenty of walking will be done. The hotel is located right across the road from a tesco so I will be doing my overnight oats and having that for breakfast on Friday morning (I know the words the best laid plans of mice and men comes to mind) and I have to say I had coddle once and never again so not a fan thankfully as it is mega big on syns I think

Ian, to say lately I have been reaching these mega achievements (not mini for me anymore) and I have cried more lately because to be totally honest with you, I never thought I would reach them. I even doubted when I joined that I would be near target and now it is less than 20Ibs away :eek:

Thank you

I have to say Ian, you are a most welcome addition to this humble thread. You are a bit of a wise old sage but also funny - loved your "Showdown with the scales" comment!

There's nowt wrong with a few tears from time to time and I think it makes us stronger. Most of the time I'm so used to being the girl who's lost over 5st (the number of people who are gobsmacked) that I forget what I've achieved then every now and then it hits me and I do get quite emotional and mostly awestruck.

I totally relate to what your saying Amanda, I'm the same thinking how far I have come to where I am now and I totally agree with you about Ian, especially as your a wee Irish lad (Amanda us Irish can adopt you as Irish too as the influence is big on this thread !!!)

Anyway I'm off for now as I have to go into town and get ready for tomorrow (yayyyyy) so will talk to you all tomorrow before I head and have a lovely evening

Back