Tuesday Weighers

Well done Orla that's great.

Thanks Lianne

Wow Orla, that's waaaay better than you expected - well done!!

I was surprised how few people there were going to weigh-in last night, seemed like hardly any. I don't usually stay to group so couldn't comment on that but it seems hard just getting people to weigh in! I bumped into a friend of mine at group who restarted SW a few weeks ago and she messaged me yesterday and said she'd had a rubbish week and was thinking about leaving it then rejoining in the new year. I didn't see her last week so I assume that's what she's done but I tried to talk her out of it! She's in her early twenties though and I think that must make it so much harder as if all your mates are going out on Saturday night drinking because that's what you normally do then it must be that much more difficult to say no to or to limit.

Good luck, not long til weigh-in Day. I can't wait lol.
Thanks Lianne, I miscalculated and it was actually 3.5lbs to get under 200lbs. I lost 2lbs last night so 1.5lbs to go although next weigh-in is the week that I usually have a gain so it could be the week after lol but I will get there xx
Well, I lost 1lb, which is great, but still 0.5lb shy of my 6st award. :rolleyes:
Well done to everyone who has lost and onwards and downwards for those that have gained :) I lost 3.5lbs this week. Only another half a pound until my four stone award - I was gutted not to get it tonight! Slimmer of the week too :)
It's so frustrating when you're 0.5lbs from an award. It's happened to me a few times. Really hope you both get them next week :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Only three more weigh ins left now until Christmas, as Bob the builder says :D "can we fix it, yes we can"

Hello everyone, I'm back! I have been awol for a couple of weeks due to workload, it's gone mad because of the time of year. I haven't been on plan, I've made good choices where I could but I've had a lot of hot lunches bought in work because there's been NO time for cooking. I've been in work late every night bar 2 since since last week (even on FRIDAY). Made it to weigh in by the skin of my teeth last night, to face a gain of one pound. I was astounded that it wasn't more so certainly glad I went. Back on it today with my soup and my strawberries, feeling optimistic that I can get a couple more off before Christmas, though I have at least one party every week between now and the last weigh in! Eek.

To be honest I am happy enough to still be in the 12's, which I had never been before 2 weeks ago, and I am a comfortable size 14 now, so I don't want to pressure myself too much because it does me no good. A pound a week from here on out would be just fine with me, anything more is a boost.I spent years wishing to be where I am now, so while I am not done, and I have a fair bit more to go, I am also going to take a step back and be proud of myself.

Wow Laura, that is the perfect attitude to have, have to say though it is very hard to think that way, I'm always wanting to get to the next milestone and wanting it now (you probably guessed but I have no patience :rolleyes:) and usually us women particularly there can be no explanation as to why we had a loss (like I did last Tuesday after eating house and home the previous Thursday) or even a gain when we were 100% on plan (this has happened to me too) but then again this could kick me in the butt next Tuesday as it often will show the week after and acceptance is the key here to getting rid of it and just drawing a line under and moving on.

Well done on going back to class when you probably knew you would have a gain and you have some motivation now knowing you have something on every week from now until Christmas but are making healthy choices in between (that was probably my saving grace, I was only bad on Thursday, every other day I was perfect). One last thing Laura, please reserve a seat for me in the 12's as I wish to be there before the last weigh in before Christmas. I have 5Ibs to lose and similar to you, I have nothing on this week, the following week I will have 2 days off plan and the final week I may have a lunch that may go over the syns so fingers crossed I will be joining you :D

I know the feeling Laura and orla, i wanted my 3stone before christmas which is 5lb too, but because i have lost so much, so quick im only loosing 1lb a week now but its better than putting on. I just want my target NOW!! Thats my problem!! Stick at it ladies we can do this!!!!!

I want it now too Stephanie but look back on how you were this time last year and see how far you have come, that always puts a smile on my face

1½ off for me this week , 3lb away from my next award i think its do-able to have this before Christmas . Orla, funny you should say about looking back on how we were last year . I tried on my coat that i bought last Christmas todayand holy moly it sure does make me see how far ive come , said coat could almost be used as a duvet im totally swamped in it. The ladies at group on Tuesday told me i needed to get rid of the one i am wearing now as thats gone too big also , it'll have to do though because i just cant afford to be updating my wardrobe so often lol

I82much, I live in Penney's (Primark in the UK) and buy a lot of my coats there because they are so cheap, would you not consider doing that. It is an amazing feeling though to know just how far you have come, I bought a Size 16 coat in H & M and they coat sizes are very small and now it is actually too big on me but I'm a bit like you, I couldnt really think about changing either but it is a fantastic feeling and I actually bought the coat when I was losing weight only in the last two months

1lb on due what I will call slip up saturday. Back on plan now.
Snowbryneich,

I've seen this post several times since you posted it and feel compelled to respond.

I imagine that drawing a line under it and moving forward is likely a better strategy than giving a blip power by giving it a name. There will be blips in any journey. Treat them as such and get on with the real work of moving past all the blips to your desired outcome.

As always, others mileage may vary...

Kind regards,
Ian

I think that I am pretty good about drawing a line and getting back on plan. Maybe i do it too often but I think I've done better this time than other times I've dieted because I don't beat myself up over a gain. You have to live your life, I may be going the scenic route but I'm still four stone lighter than when I started I only called it something in this thread to explain I knew where the gain came from if you see what I mean.

So after having 3 good weigh-ins in a row, i'm now really struggling this week. First of all i'm craving chocolate but that's fine because i've been having my hi fi light bars and using them as Syns but my appetite is all over the place. I'm hardly eating anything as even when i'm hungry, the thought and smell of food make me feel really sick so i can't stomach it. I hope it doesn't last too long as i'd hate to have a gain on Tuesday but i just don't know how i can overcome the sick feeling.

This week is going to be a total fail :( I can't seem to eat 'Wet' Food so been eating toast (left to go cold and then spread a bit of Margarine on), Crisps n that sort of thing. Really don't know what's wrong with me.

Hi Lianne, are you worried you will gain weight or just that you are not right somehow? My sister had a weird thing a few months ago where she lost her appetite and struggled to eat anything. Felt sick and everything. She kept losing weight and in the end went to the doctor because she knew she needed her appetite back. The doctor basically monitored her weight and also ran some blood tests. They never found anything wrong and after a few weeks her appetite came back. It sounds similar to what my sister had but maybe you should see your doctor about it?

I'm so glad you said that Amanda and I hope you dont mind me saying this Lianne but I agree with Amanda, maybe you need to see your doctor and hopefully you can rule out anything wrong

Best of luck hun

I'm worried about gaining weight haha. Feeling a bit better today so hopefully it will pass soon. Thank you for the concern ladies xx

Back