Tuesday Weighers

Your welcome Lianne

So it's w-day tomorrow. How's everyone feeling? Good week? Bad week?

I've been 100% on plan....

...EXCEPT....

I went to Nottingham on Saturday, had lunch with a friend (huuuuge bbq pulled pork-topped burger), had mulled cider, 2 glasses of wine and a hot ginger grouse, which is some kind of concoction involving Famous Grouse and ginger wine.

It was all sooooo good!

I have tried my best to counterbalance it though. I've cut my syns right down all week (I know that's not a recommended part of the plan but it makes me feel like I'm well-prepared for it at least). And I cycled 18 miles on Saturday morning in sub zero temperatures in my shorts - surely that earns me brownie points somehow?!

Would love to get my 6st award but I'm going with the expectation of having gained weight. My 6st award will be mine before Christmas... somehow!

Was 95% on plan except had a meal out on Thursday and had a glass of wine and I'm kind of feeling a little apprehensive now at the moment, I suppose just face the music and see what happens

All I want is 1Ib loss then my bmi is in the 20's (just at 29.9) and this is one of my major four so there may be tears shed if I get this this evening

Amanda, hoping you get at least a sts this evening, I think I will be happy if for the month of December I sts and then work my butt off in January and hopefully reach target early next year as one of our male members said (he is a top class chef locally) it didnt go on overnight so expect it to be a bit slow at times

I have been 100% on plan except for Sunday where I did have a treat at a farm shop. My scales are showing a STS so we'll see what the official scales say tonight.

Thanks Orla. My BMI is 29.2, which I'm thrilled about cos it means I'm no longer obese (only just) but I would like to make some headway and really distance myself from the 30 mark.

It's funny though cos this whole thing has made me reassess what my perceptions are of what size obesity is and also what other people are in relation to me.

First of all, regarding obesity, I know we are talking about the clinical definition but it amazes me that I can lose so much weight and still be almost obese - not wanting to blow my own trumpet but I've been told I don't look obese so I must be looking pretty much "normal"-sized now. Which means most people I think of as normal-sized are probably obese.

Then, my perception of other people in relation to me. I think inside I'm still a fat girl. I've spent so long assuming that everyone is slimmer or lighter than me that I forget that's no longer the case. Last week there was a slim woman ahead of me at weigh-in and I assumed she must be lighter than me. I could just about read the display from where I was standing (by chance) and in the end it turned it that she was about 3 stone heavier! Admittedly she was a lot taller than me. And it's not about comparing ourselves to our fellow SWers but inevitably I think we do draw comparisons. Anyway it made me think about how I view myself, because I don't realise it but sometimes I assume I'm still really fat. Does this make ANY sense?!

Snow, often this can happen for no apparent reason but I have no doubt you will be totally focused and have that loss next week, you have such drive and determination that I really admire and remember it is December, if we can maintain for this to me that is a great result

Amanda, I must be your twin because everything you said I feel the exact same way, I can't picture myself been thin even though I have been told I'm thin and normal as well. A young student was getting weighed a few weeks ago and I was shocked (had to hide this from her) but she was actually heavier than me (I did her weigh in) and it was kind of a wake up call to me.

I thought it was only me that felt the same way about my bmi but your saying exactly what I'm thinking. Is there governing rules in how to determine your bmi, not sure does the UK and Ireland have the same rules but I feel I'm normal as I'm now a Size 16 veering towards a Size 14 and I would just love to reach that magical 29.9 this evening because maybe I want to feel normal if you can call it that

i actually have the two main Christmas events this week (apart from the big day itself of course) that I was worried about - a work Christmas do on friday and my bookclub christmas do on Monday so if I can STS the this week and I gain next week then I will hope for a loss on the last weigh in before Christmas.

The BMI thing for me is a huge worry. I have set a target that takes me in the Healthy BMI but I am worried it is too low based on what my size 14 sister weighs. I may have to settle for overweight which considering I have been in the obese/morbidly obese/super morbidly obese my whole life is still a massive improvement but I don't want to I want to get to healthy. I suppose I should be glad I am no longer super morbidly obese.

I was really good all week until last night! Me and the flatmates had out Christmas dinner together as we are all heading home soon, had a few too many drinks so not looking forward to tonight :/

Being really good all week but still I fear that the beer and a few treats over the weekend will catch up with me tonight. :sigh:

Still, I'm reminded of Sean Connery's tagline in Family Business - "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time."

I will have the same stoicism if faced with a gain from the Crimascale this weigh in.

That said I was expecting a gain last week and managed a decent loss so I will not get out the flail to beat myself up about it just yet. Agustus Gloop avatar at the ready to replace Peter Perfect on a bad week.

Have a surprisingly good weight in folks.

Kind regards,
Ian

Heading soon, not walking over because it is lashing rain here in Athlone so I feel a little apprehensive about this but onwards I shall go and if you see me post in the next two hours then you will know the news is good

Fingers and toes crossed and remember it is Christmastime so enjoy and work your butt off in January

Very happy to say my bmi is in the 20's was down 1.5Ibs

Well done Orla!

I'm pleased to report from the Nottinghamshire camp that I too lost 1.5lbs which means I got my 6st award and am officially under 11st now - can't tell you how good it is to see the '10' at the beginning of my weight!

I maintained again tonight. Fed up wish things wer moving more quicker. I was thinking of doing a mixture of calorie counting and sw.
Has anyone had success doing a mixture of the both?
Sent from my GT-P5210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks amanda and it is d3cember hard to believe

Well done everyone. I somehow managed to lose 1.5lb so that's 12lb since 11th November. Seem to have got my appetite back too :-D

:eek:
Up 5lbs and not a happy bunny at all about it.

Seems that the beer has done me in again.

Props to everyone that got a STS or a loss. I hope to join you in celebratory mode again next week.

Kind regards,
Ian

- and then depression set in! :break_diet:

Half a pound off tonight which I guess I'm pleased at, going to the theatre tomorrow so after tomorrow it's straight back on plan

Back