Tuesday Weighers

Really hope it all goes well for you Guru.

Orla all you can do is hope, and keep your chin up. Fingers crossed this is your year too xx

Thanks Laura

Fingers crossed for you Orla. I had ovarian cysts removed in the past. My SIL has PCOS and got pregnant after bring prescribed Clomid. You've done so well on the weight loss and all docs say that can make a huge difference x

Hey ladies, how has your week been?

Mines been quite good foodwise although I have come down with a chest infection :( considering blowing an entire days syns on some chips haha

My week was fine until we were invited for lunch at the in-laws! It's been a three-course lunch with 3 glasses of wine and a couple of biscuits. Oops. I feel no guilt though on this one, what will be will be.

Hope everyone has had a good week!

Amanda don't worry about it, sometimes it has to be done! Jessica don't let your illness get you down, just keep having hot drinks and not treating yourself with goodies! We can do it! Two days to weigh in!

I've still got a nasty cold type bug and haven't eaten properly. Today's food included a Twirl, 3 chocolate digestives and a packet of tic tacs. Oh dear.

Thanks dsjb99 I'm trying haha! Managed to hold off so far, instead my boss handed me a deep fried cheese ball :eek: estimating about 10-12 syns for it so that's me done for the day! Something nice and syn free for dinner I think!

Feeling fairly good this week as I took my measurements and although I gained half a pound last week I've lost an inch around my waist!

Yep! Basically, a cube of brie, battered then deep fried :s she tried to give me more I said no, counting that as a win haha

Oh also it should be noted that I work in a Chinese takeaway 3 nights a week and get a free meal, I have managed to make these syn free by just getting some boiled chicken and veg with soy sauce and boiled rice. Go Me!!!

Wow Jessica I'm impressed, I wish I had only one spring roll on Friday and stopped at that, no not a bit I had lots of them, plus some egg mayonnaise sandwiches and some battered something (not sure what !!! but it tasted yummy so I didnt stop at one either) then some birthday cake and lots of beer and then some nibbles back at where we were staying oops

* week almost over and I hardly ate anything on Saturday and got up on the viberplate and had soup and lots of melon since then, maybe if I'm lucky I might actually get a sts or probably not :(

I have been on steroids for a bad chest and I have been ravenous all week. I have not felt full eating speed/superfree so switched to free food, still hungry so moved onto synned food so I will have gained again. Really annoyed with myself.

The weather is so bad here and I find if I don't do a walk every day then it shows on the scales, they are not too bad today so I'm going for a long walk at lunchtime

Snow, I can relate to that but just remember January is usually a hard month to lose weight, this is definitely the case for me, just make sure you get yourself better and then you will see the weight loss again

Jessica you do brilliantly to say you work in a takeaway! Cannot be easy. That said, I worked for Thorntons as a student and once gave up chocolate for Lent - amazingly, I stuck to it, but I confess I bought the biggest bag of chocolate once it was over, I don't think I could have done without permanently.

Today I'm feeling fat. After my huge meal yesterday I tried to keep it light but ended up have sausage, egg, mushroom and toast for my very late tea (1 syn each in the sausages) and I had one segment of chocolate orange (oops) but I figured I was so far over my syns by that point that another 2.5 syns wasn't going to make much difference!

So far today I'm completely on plan although for a while my Monday night swim was looking to be in jeopardy because the trains are all FUBAR but someone is giving me a lift which means my swim will be shorter than normal but at least it will be a swim. I feel I really need it after my big lunch yesterday!

I think one thing that gets me about Slimming World which I don't always agree with is that meals that are essentially healthy become a minefield, like yesterday's lunch. I mean yes there was stuffing and gravy, yes I could have chosen not to have wine or the apple pie & ice cream for dessert, but the rest of it was all healthy stuff, it's just that it was cooked with things like oil (although the broccoli was steamed). So I'm sitting here panicking about having had a million syns but if I think about it I had good healthy stuff, just not in the SW way. But then I chose the SW way and that means I have to accept these things I suppose!

Amanda, looking at your stats, having a meal out is no harm, I'm kind of the same but the guilt we put ourselves through is horrendous and really we join slimming world in order to have these night outs but then go back straight on plan the next day, today I'm feeling very guilty because I reckon I don't even deserve a maintain even though it was only one nights damage and I have been perfect before and after when instead I should be saying OMG I have lost almost 7st and feel great and yes my clothes actually still fit me

Enjoy your swim tonight, I had my long walk today at lunchtime, it was freezing but I felt brilliant after because I felt I did what I wanted to do and now I can relax and do the housework this evening and have a bit of relaxation after

Jessica I'm well impressed because I couldn't work in a takeaway and not succumb more! I wouldn't like fried brie, but well done for only having one ball if you like it. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling so good snowbryneich, hang in there - its only one week's weigh in if its not good and hopefully you will feel much better next week! Orla, I'm also hoping for a sts tomorrow but a lose would be even better as I want to change the trousers I weigh in as its cold! I'm proud that although I had one ferrero rochee today, I did not eat any more even though I really, really, really enjoyed it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Orla. I think it's just that when I think about it, I realise I haven't lost any weight since before Christmas. Gained 4.5lbs, lost 4.5lbs, stayed the same. So I'm where I was almost a month ago, which is all my own doing, but I'm still a bit disappointed. I didn't choose to go for the lunch, and I certainly don't regret it, but it was my first completely on-plan week for a while so I had high hopes!

Back