Tuesday Weighers

Thank you I82much, I see your post and it did enter my mind that maybe it was you, thanks very much for your lovely comment.

Snow, really I'm not fitting into Size 12's yet only some and any I do fit into it they have elastic and I wouldn't want to eat a full dinner when I'm wearing them but I did think a long time ago if I was fitting comfortably into Size 12's then maybe that is target for me but now that I'm near target I'm going to keep going on and hoping to get there by March (fingers crossed)

I'm in size 12 pretty much - trouserswise anyway. Tops I am more or less in a size 10. Was quite shocked to realise yesterday that I now only own two items of clothing that are higher than a 12 - my thermal leggings (16-18, had them a few years and they're still useful!) and my coat (size 14, bought in November when I wasn't losing a lot but I also bore in mind I am going to Iceland soon and the ability to layer up is an advantage). I never thought I'd see the day I'd be wearing these sizes - when I started I just thought I'd be happy if I could get down to an 18, and yet now I even have a couple of size 8 items!! So stick with it ladies (and gents) as it is happening before you know it!

Can't wait for the day when I say I'm fitting in Size 12 all the time, that will be a big day and I have to say it is not long away at all

I have just realised that my previous commented sounded a bit cheeky and dismisive which I didn't mean it to so I'd like to say sorry for that. Obviously everyone's target is different. I am currently wearing a size 22/24 (well in some shops depending on material) which the smallest I've ever been as an adult as I was a size 26 at 18 (no idea what weight I was as wild horses couldn't have dragged me near a scale) so size 12 seems like a distant pipe dream to me. In the past when I have started diets I have said I would be happy to be a 16/18 so I could shop in normal shops but this time I do want to go all the way down to a normal range even if it takes me a very long time.

You and Amanda have both done so well Orla, I am sure you will get to target soon and it is really inspiring to see how well people have done.

Snow, you weren't a bit dismissive or cheeky at all, I certainly didn't get that tone at all so no need to be apologising at all. I know I say this a lot but I can relate to wanting to get down to Size 16/18 as I once was a Size 26 verging on Size 28 and to me getting to wear 16/18 was a dream come true. When you have a lot to lose, you aim for mini goals/achievements and this is all that I could do on my long journey here and still I do get shell shocked when I realise what size I am now and you will get there, your doing it the right way, mini goals all the way

Snow, you weren't being cheeky at all. Dress sizes are a big deal and I remember a very long time ago being chuffed to bits to be able to get into a 22, down from a 24, that was about 10 years ago and like you I have no idea how much I weighed as I wouldn't so much as be in the same room as the scales! Based on what I know now though I reckon I must have been about 20st. I got down to a 16 then over the space of about 8 years I put most of it back on. I can tell, I was thrilled to be a 16. Sometimes I have to pinch myself as I can't believe I am so blasé about shopping now, "oh no they don't have a size 10, better try the 8 then", lol. Other times I am in awe of how much choice I have and how normal I think I must look. It's funny though cos when I look at them they don't look any smaller than my bigger clothes were, think that's a psychological thing.

Everyone's on their own journey, slowly does it and step by step.

At my biggest I was a size 22 and I remember thinking if I just got to a size 16 and didn't have to shop in Evans, then I would be happy. Now I am a size 14 (except in Penney's/Primark trousers, they're still too tight for the most part) and it feels unreal to me. I've never wanted to be smaller than a 12 and I reckon I'll be immensely happy the day I fit into a pair of size 12 jeans. That day will come this year!

Feeling so deflated today - weighed myself (I know I shouldn't) and have only lost 2 lbs this week. Thats 3 lbs in two weeks of sticking to the plan 100%. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong or why my shitty body isn't really losing much weight but I'm really p****d off today!

I even text my SW consultant to have a rant, she's so lovely which helps!

Sorry for venting but I just want to cry :p I have basically been a recluse for the last couple of weeks so I didn't have any temptation and I'm still not seeing any real improvement

Saz, I would give my right arm for a 2lb loss!! Seriously though I consider a normal good loss to be 2lb tops with 3lb being REALLY good. Your body will shift it when its ready. Chin up, chica - ya did good ya know. :)

Snow , I didn't pick up a cheeky tone either , no need for an apology . Id love to be a size 12 and one day I will be for a little while then I'll be a 10 - how's that for positive thinking lol

Saz , try not get disheartened easier said than done I know . Once the scales are going in the right direction that's got to be a good thing . Chin up {{{hugs}}}

Good luck for all your weigh-ins tomorrow. Mine isn't until 7:30pm so got a long time to wait lol. I've been doing SP every other day this week so hoping for at least 3lb loss as i want to get my 1 and a half stone award lol feel really bloated today though.

Amanda, you speak my language, isn't it amazing just how alike we think. When I was a Size 26 I was thrilled when I fit into a Size 22 and then when I got to a Size 22 then I thought wouldn't it be great to fit into a Size 16 and now I'm going through my wardrobe and I'm going to be selling a lot of Size 16's because WAIT FOR IT - they are TOO BIG. Snow, that day will come for you, I have no doubt about it, of all the people here I consider you very knowledgeable and I often wonder would you ever go for a consultant, you would be perfect, you know your facts, you give great advice and this site would not be the same without you.

Sazmajig, you came to a really good site here and you will get tonnes of support, so glad you came here, we will look after you hun. Don't be so hard on yourself, I always say that the best way to keep the weight off is to do it slowly but get used to it as then it becomes second nature and in no time you will wonder why you didnt do this before (thats how I felt). I'm still trying to get to target and now officially (after last Thursday) I'm over 2 years trying to get there and I still have over a stone to lose. I know myself I will get there and it is a fantastic feeling when you realise your in the zone and you just know you will reach target. Keep going the way your going, a loss is a loss and can I recommend one thing to you. If your completely new in losing weight, do your measurements every week (probably best day would be the morning you get weighed) and keep a record and when you have reached target, I have no doubt you will, look back and see the amazing results. I can tell you I have lost 19" on my waist alone, on my chest I have gone from a 48DD to a 38D and I may need to get measured again as I feel I might be smaller again !!!

Where does the week go, I'm fairly confident that I will have a loss of something but I have not a notion what, realistically I would love to reach the century club this evening but that is 4.5Ibs away and even though I was 200% on plan, us women can be unpredictable. I don't weigh until 5.30pm this evening so it is a long wait until then

I have to say I was a size 32 when I started and sometimes 32 was too small so I am very excited about the 22's I never seemed to shift in size at at all at first even though weight was coming off and then went from 32 to 26/24 and now can get in some 22's! I think one of the reasons that I can set a target of a "normal" weight this time is previously when I have dieted the plan has been that i would lose all the weight (or down to a size 16 or what have you) and then I wouldn't have to diet anymore and could eat what I liked but obviously (as has been demonstrated by yoyo diets of the past) if I ate what I like I would put the weight back on! Slimming World for me is about finding something that is going to work for the rest of my life. If I can get from a 32 to 22 there is no reason I can't then get from a 22 to 16 and from 16 to size 12 even if it takes me a long long time but the time doesn't matter as even when I hit target I will be folllowing Slimming World to maintain.

Orla you are always so kind - that is really lovely. I do try to be helpful as I don't think I would have got to grips with this if people hadn't helped me early on. Sometimes I think I would love to be a consultant as I really do think Slimming World is fantastic eating plan and I enjoy group and helping out and sometimes I see some of the back stage stuff with being on the social team (set up and leafleting and all the extra meetings consultants have to attend) and think I am happy just being on the social team. I also don't drive so I would have to learn which is something I have planned to do once I have finished my open uni course so maybe in the future it might be an option

Snow, you've said it perfectly there. It is about finding a way to eat healthily for the rest of your life.

I am chuffed to bits to be size 10/12 but it wasn't really my aim. I had to do something at the time I started and so just started SW with an idea of getting ANY weight off. I remember being told what my Club 10 weight would be and thinking "yeah, I'll never get there, it would be great to be 15st whatever ".

As it dropped off though I still didn't have a clue what I was really aiming for so decided to pick what would be a health BMI weight and just have it in mind. I'm short so the top end of my healthy BMI range is 9st 7lb but it goes right down to 7st (yikes). So I've had it in my head to aim for about 9st. Now the top end of my healthy bmi is almost within sight -1st 3lb to get to 9st 7lb - but i STILL don't know what weight I want to be and still haven't set a final target. How can I possibly know?

I suppose my point is that I didn't aim for 10/12, it just kinda happened, and now I'm actually starting to worry because surely if I lose another 1st 10lb to get down to 9st then there's a chance I might be a size 6/8 at which point I might start to struggle to find clothes?!??? I never thought that would be something I might have to consider! I'm sure it won't come to that but it might affect my decision as to what my final target will be.

I have just rejoined so don't want to see today's weight again!

I won't be staying to meetings as the group is huge, so plan on being extra active on these boards.

Look forward to getting to know you all over the year to come.

Anne

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I'm 100% with both of ye, to me it is for life but while on my journey down I made mini goals and surpassed all of them so now my goals are big ones. I never imagined been a Size 12 and even now saying this it feels like a dream and I have to wake up but it is a reality and I have nearly completed my journey.

Snow, I'm on the social team too and I love been that bit more in group than just a member, I get to talk to everyone when they come up to me with their cards and chocolate supplies (yum yum). I think what is important to me is that I have been close to both my consultants and you do tend to hear more than a member would hear. Today I dress up because I do see myself as a role model (and certainly my consultant promotes my story a lot) so I'm dolled up to the nines now and I'm selling a product for the consultant, this I love because I'm sure you have gathered, I love shopping. One thing I have to say as well Snow, all I can say is OMG Size 32 to Size 22, that is just fantastic and you should be very proud of yourself. I don't drive either but I work full time but I would seriously consider going to one of the talks, you don't have to sign up but I think it would be no harm to know a little about it, I do think you would be good enough.

Amanda, if only I could say that if I was to lose a little more than my own target and have to start buying 6/8 then I would be the same as you, totally gobsmacked but yes I can see why you say that, when we all joined slimming world, did we ever think we would be normal just like everyone else, for me definitely not and now I love been obscure because I look the same as everyone else.

Best of luck to everyone weighing in today/tonight.

May there be many happy losses for all.

Kind regards,
Ian

You too Ian, I don't want to get my hopes up but I have a good feeling but I don't want to say that in case I'm wrong, what am I like

Back