Tuesday Weighers

i gained 2.5lb this week. Gutted, but suprised it's not more to be honest.

Gained 1.5 so happy with that! Think all the walking helped haha wells done guys :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Down 1/2Ib but the drama before that weigh in was I got up on the scales before class and I had a maintain, to say I was annoyed and disappointed was an understatement, I was miserable because I had denied myself lots of rubbish at the in laws hoping to get that 2.5Ibs loss to join the century club but I got up on the scales a second time and I was thrilled to see 1/2 loss so now I actually get my 7st back (reminder to put that sticker on my signature :D)

I was poorly last week and didn't eat a right lot of anything, so was a bit worried about not eating and therefore a maintain or a gain last night.... I only went and lost 2.5lb... absolutely thrilled, also got my half stone award!

Well done to everyone, keep up the good work xx :)

I lost 1lb, which I was a little bit disappointed with as again I have been really good. I've basically been back on it 100% for a month and Ive only lost 5 lbs (which isn't bad but I was hoping for more)

I think I'm going to try a few SP days this week to see how I go. I don't think I'm really eating enough or drinking enough water. So I'm going to do one more week of being really focussed before the madness of Birthdays/anniversaries take over!
xx

Lemontella, that is fantastic well done, keep up the good work

Sazmajig, join the club but at least it is going down, could you imagine if that was a gain, if I had a gain yesterday then I would have been really annoyed after putting my heart and soul into it

Put up two lbs this week. No major transgressions I can think of, just the standard "salad dodging" of old. Forcing myself to have side salads with everything this week. I shall return and I shall get that club 10% before the end of the month!

Congrats to all who lost and comfort to all who had setbacks. May our setbacks become springboards to redoubled efforts.

Regards,
Ian

Ian great to hear from you and no doubt your back on track again. I'm thrilled because I got my 7st loss back again, onwards and downwards

Congrats on that Orla! You are SOOO close to goal. I expect that you will have a bottle of Syns or two in celebration when you get that target!

If I lose that much I'll have to run around in the shower to get wet.

Trying to get my head around the plan again. It's my old Bette Noire of not enough speed and superfree (i'm guessing), so everything I eat is having salad with it. If I get an apple I'll be having a bowl of salad greens! Never have I been willing to admit to being a proper full on salad dodger!

Have a great week and revel in all the salad we can eat.

Do chara,
Ian

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who lost and no big deal to those that gained a little - you'll lose it in no time. I lost 1lb this week which considering it seemed like everyone else in group had a gain I was happy with!

I'm not a huge fan of veg so pretty much all my superfree is either salad (most evenings as an accompaniment) or fruit (as much as I can eat during work time).

Anyway I'm being so good this week and not even struggling. Why? Because we have a huge meal out planned for Saturday and my husband keeps reminding me and suggesting I keep my syns low in the meantime. I tell you what, it's a great incentive!! But with all the will in the world I still expect to gain next week as a 3-course meal with alcohol WILL have an impact no matter how good I am before/after!

Why thank you Ian, that often does cross my mind that I had that much to lose, I really let myself go the last 5 years and had a tough few years (still do but my determination is strong) and yes I will be drinking a bottle (not two though) of some red merlot (my favourite and I do like Santa Rita 120), thanks for the do chara (for all you UK members do chara means your friend and yes it is Irish or gaelic as they would say in the UK)

Storm, well done on your loss, that is going in the right direction, remember slowly wins the race and also slower is better because then you will get used to the new healthy eating plan and have much better chance of staying at target, keep it up

Amanda, I'm full of admiration with what you just said, you know you are going to go over your syns but your prepared for the consequences and I always say life is for living, hope you enjoy

Been really good this week despite copious amounts of booze consumed last night but have been keeping my syns low every day to try and compensate lol

It doesn't help that it's star week and I would quite happily eat everything in sight and I'm hungover today which doesn't help haha need to find something that will curb my cravings lol

Thanks Orla, I can cope with stuff as long as I'm prepared. It's unexpected meals out or food on offer that stresses me. I'm not expecting to gain much ground this month anyway as we're going to Iceland for the weekend in a fortnight's time.

Jessica, just seeing your post now and I hope everything went back to normal the next day, I always say it though where has the week gone, all I want is 1/2Ib again to get into the 12's AGAIN

Amanda, I'm the exact same, I find when I'm going out to friends I always make my sw chips and have them before I go over so that I'm not hungry and can pass on the bad stuff. Take each week as it comes and just try and maintain and then get back into plan straight away after you come back. I could torture myself thinking of all the events coming up (actually I have nothing coming up only lunch in Dublin on the 14th March)

How is everyone feeling about tomorrow

@Orla - I was pretty good most of last week but the weekend saw my "hollow legs" return. (Good days, bad weeks. Good hours, bad days...)
:17729:

Even where I was being naughty I tried to make sure I was having some superfree with it. - A LOT of salad has been eaten which is saying something as I am NOT a fan when I don't have some very good olive oil to drown it in.

We shall see if too many SW Chips and too big portions of fish etc are going to weigh my hollow legs down tomorrow.

I live in hope of a decent result. I have been walking a LOT and going to the gym twice weekly. :whacky068:

There is still a glimmer of hope in the distance - is it the taxman with a torch?

@Amanda

Well observed about foods on offer being a stressor. This is something that I have noticed but not expressed to anyone. People look at me weirdly if I say that Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury offer you three kilos of chocolate for the price of a bar but never offer you three bags of Salad for the price of one.

The keen bargain hunter in me hates not to be able to avail of many of the BOGOF offers :gimi:
not to mention the junk food loss leaders!

Best of luck with the showdown tomorrow folks!

Regards,
Ian

Yeah I've been surprisingly good since Thursday night so I'm holding out hope, tbh I'd just like a loss of any kind lol
Feeling okish about tomorrow so fingers crossed

I've been awful - first week in about 6 that I really just went off the rails! Lots to drink on Friday, hangover food on Saturday and Sunday I had the odd naughties which just kept on adding up. I tried to be good today but I still ate things I should so I just think tomorrow I will start again!

Oh well. I think I needed a big blow out as I was feeling a bit down about stopping myself from doing things incase I was tempted by Syns!

Will see what the damage is tomorrow :/

Back