Tuesday Weighers

roll on tonight been really good all week... Hoping for them scales are nice to me tonight, not looking for a bog loss as im not loosing as much as what i was because im getting close to target. Also covered 40 Miles with my exercise this week. So fingeres crossed. Only 10 hours to go haha xx

Ian, I can totally relate to this but been a male no doubt any sort of effort will show good on the scales (why can't women be the same !). I have been 100% on plan as per usual and even though I have had an awful longing for chocolate all week (no * week is not due for another week I think) and I managed not to go over my syns at all but did use 15 syns on some of the days then hopefully I will get at least 1/2 Ib loss to bring me into the 12's (fingers crossed) and maybe I hope I'm not asking for much but 2Ibs loss will see me join the century club (fingers and toes crossed for this)

Good luck all and lets hope we have another cracking week and all come on here with smiles on our faces

I had sweets yesterday and some more today, I'm just asking for a gain. But I think I've subconsciously thrown all caution to the wind following my 3-course meal at the weekend especially as I now have a beer festival to attend on Saturday!!!

In those situations Amanda I confine it to a few hours (even if you have different events at different days in the one week) and when I have nothing then I go really mad on the speed and protein and try and balance it out. Don't see it as a day off plan see it as a hours off plan and get right back on track immediately after and that often can be the same day when event is over

Be very careful with beer Amanda. I do not understand the science of why it is such a problem on this eating plan but I have found beer and cider to be the two most problematic things to consume.:eek: Spirits and wine to the same alcohol content do not seem to have the drastic effect that beer does on weight [gain¦loss].

Bitter experience has taught me to give it a miss if I am going to be upset by weight loss troubles. I expect we are all adults here so it is a case of "don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

That said, have a great result.

Regards,
Ian

I am very pleased to report 4.5 lbs off this week. Seems you might have been correct about the efforts being enough Orla. This also gives me my Club 10 :D

I trust that everyone else has equally pleasing results for them.

Regards,
Ian

Last edited:
Well done Ian for the weight loss and the beer and snacks advice - I do agree! Sadly I put on 1/2 this week! Still at target though and must keep a full food diary this week, not just the syns. :rolleyes:

Lost 4 pounds tonight, frankly no idea how, I'm guessing my careful watching of my syns after Thursday night has paid off so I'm happy :)

Well done to you Ian

Don't know how I managed it - at all! I lost 1/2 pound. Pleased to say I think I got away with my bad weekend. Back on plan today and fingers crossed for a good loss next week! X

Last edited:
Half a pound off. Half of me feels annoyed it wasn't more- the other half is relieved because I went out on Saturday night (30 syns) and had a whole bag of peanuts on Wed&Thursday! This week definately cutting syns back!

Another -1.5lb off last night, thrilled with the rate of weight loss that I am seeing, I want to be loosing between 1 - 2lb per week for my summer goal!

Happy Happy

Well Done everyone xx

I've been awful - first week in about 6 that I really just went off the rails! Lots to drink on Friday, hangover food on Saturday and Sunday I had the odd naughties which just kept on adding up. I tried to be good today but I still ate things I should so I just think tomorrow I will start again!

Oh well. I think I needed a big blow out as I was feeling a bit down about stopping myself from doing things incase I was tempted by Syns!

Will see what the damage is tomorrow :/

Thank god i'm not the only one! I always do so well through the week and then the weekend always goes a tad wonky! This one past was prob the worst one....maybe its the 5/6 week curse! Back on track today though although I am wondering if starting with SP was a good idea as cutting carbs then adding them back in always seems to add more weight easily than usual.

Have you tried SP? I'd be interested to know other peoples experience from changing from SP to having weeks with EE days in them.

Doing a home weigh in tonight as I missed the meeting yesterday which is now two in a row...1st because of snow and 2nd from working late. Dreading it!

I was up 1Ib but I know why, I underestimated * week and this is due any day so hence the gain (this only dawned on me this morning) so yesterday evening I was totally gutted but the amount of support I received from class and family was phenomenal, especially my consultant, gosh she was texting me at 10.45pm last night, I'm so lucky to have her as a consultant

So sorry to hear that Orla. I'm sure that you and Donna will reverse your gains over the next week.

To everyone else continuing to lose - congratz and keep up the good efforts.

Kind regards,
Ian

Thank god i'm not the only one! I always do so well through the week and then the weekend always goes a tad wonky! This one past was prob the worst one....maybe its the 5/6 week curse! Back on track today though although I am wondering if starting with SP was a good idea as cutting carbs then adding them back in always seems to add more weight easily than usual. Have you tried SP? I'd be interested to know other peoples experience from changing from SP to having weeks with EE days in them. Doing a home weigh in tonight as I missed the meeting yesterday which is now two in a row...1st because of snow and 2nd from working late. Dreading it!

I tried two days SP but I heard such horror stories of putting it on that I decided to just stick to the EE plan as it is working for me.
I think it's definitely due to being 5/6 weeks of being good. Everyone in my group had had a bad week!

Just been for a swim - we booked a local pool so had an hours peaceful swim. I've also been trying to 30 day ab workout and its a killer!! Haha. I'm trying to be good! Fingers crossed for your weigh in xx

Did a home weigh in and I've maintained so atleast I haven't put anything on! Sticking good this week and I'm also getting started on more exercise so should be back on track soon :)

Back