Tuesday Weighers

Tracybelle, I used to weigh myself at home on a Monday and Tuesday morning but I have given up on that because it was pure torture if I knew I was going to be up but I noticed that most of my weight losses were shown on the last day (there could be a 1-2 pounds of a difference between Monday and Tuesdays weigh in) so you never know you might get that magic pound you need for your half stone award

Tracybelle, I used to weigh myself at home on a Monday and Tuesday morning but I have given up on that because it was pure torture if I knew I was going to be up but I noticed that most of my weight losses were shown on the last day (there could be a 1-2 pounds of a difference between Monday and Tuesdays weigh in) so you never know you might get that magic pound you need for your half stone award

Yeah I have been pretty good with not weighing in through the week but I have only been home weighing from missing the meetings the past 2 weeks. I'll be back in for a proper weigh in next Tuesday :) Here's hoping that half a stone sticker is mine! :D

Fingers crossed for you, I did the weigh in at class last week and there were loads of half stone awards given, it was lovely to see them build up

That will be you next week Tracy

Fingers crossed for you, I did the weigh in at class last week and there were loads of half stone awards given, it was lovely to see them build up

That will be you next week Tracy

I do hope so :) Would have been there if I hadn't had two maintain weeks but aslongs I do get there thats the main thing :)

Tracy, when I started I never stuck to my syns at all now I do. It is all a learning curve and I always say take your time losing it as it will be easier to maintain when you reach target, this is for life and they say that the longer it takes you the easier it is to keep it off.

Fingers crossed you will have your sticker and cert next week

I tried two days SP but I heard such horror stories of putting it on that I decided to just stick to the EE plan as it is working for me. I think it's definitely due to being 5/6 weeks of being good. Everyone in my group had had a bad week! Just been for a swim - we booked a local pool so had an hours peaceful swim. I've also been trying to 30 day ab workout and its a killer!! Haha. I'm trying to be good! Fingers crossed for your weigh in xx

What sp horror stories? I'm scared now I do a lot of sp days :(

I tried sp but it just wasn't for me, I tried it for a couple of days but felt all shaky etc that I gave up on it lol EE for me all the way

What sp horror stories? I'm scared now I do a lot of sp days :(

A few people in my group tried it and put in weight. However a few have done it and lost so I guess it's down to the individual. I just might have the odd SP meal as even the odd meal without carbs should be good for you

Yeah I do meals rather than days! You can then have your cake and eat it too :p at least you then know it is only for a meal

A few people in my group tried it and put in weight. However a few have done it and lost so I guess it's down to the individual. I just might have the odd SP meal as even the odd meal without carbs should be good for you

Oh no lol though it shouldn't happen unless they've got so hungry and over ate on things off plan. Though I think for the real speedos losses you need increased fat intake with carb dieting so I'm not convinced it is such a speedy boost but I'll stick at it I like not feeling stuffed from carbs and really realised I don't need the extra free food I used to snack on. But how
Long I keep it up I've no idea

Hi all, only just managed to get on here so haven't yet caught up with posts.
I gained 0.5lb this week, i'm so grateful it wasn't more to be honest as i had yet another really bad week but i'm now back on plan and hoping for a good loss on Tuesday :)

Hi, can I please join in? Ive started slimming world 6 weeks ago and love it!!

Hi there as of next week I will be weighing in on Tuesday (used to weigh thursday but they have changed it ) so am now in this group x

Newbies great to have you all on board, we don't just post on Tuesday we do it all week, I think this is necessary because the hardest time can be just after weigh in Wednesday and Thursday when your sort of starting back on plan.

My consultant nailed it on the head a few weeks ago, she basically mentioned about the meal been SP rather than a day and the way you should see an SP day is it is a boost for your weight loss plan but in my opinion, I think the reason some people put on weight after doing a day or two SP is because they probably eat too much carbs the days they are not doing SP (EE more than likely) and they tend to eat too much potatoes and probably don't do 1/3 speed as well. We have to remember that the EE, Red or Green day worked for us before this new plan was introduced and so it still does. Personally, I have cut down on the amount of bananas I'm eating and trying to replace with speed fruit and veg and it seems to be working, although losses are going to slow down now as I'm quite close to target

I done the SP weeks 2 and 3 and found it easy enough to follow, however I have had bigger weight losses on just normal EE weeks.

For me SP is just impossible because I love my sw chips too much, I eat them everyday and nothing could replace them but there are members who can live without potatoes so it suits them to do a SP day

Great thinking Orla, I do agree but I love my carbs too much to completely forget them! Yes and welcome Newbies, anyone is welcome here but some of us (me) can get quite grumpy Monday and Tuesday as my weigh in is 5pm on Tues.

Hi all, especially to the newbies - great to have you here!

Well this... Or is technically last... week I was very lucky as I maintained, although the scales did flicker between my maintain and half a pound higher so I was lucky to get away with that one as I think it means I put on weight but just a fraction.

I'm expecting a gain on Tuesday since as you know I went to a beer festival yesterday. I didn't get any exercise in besides a teeny little 1-mile walk and I ate out and, of course, drank beer. Even though I've been very good today and I've been on a 20-mile bike ride, I can't quite see how I can get away with this one, lol.

Thanks to Ian for the heads-up re beer. I don't drink it very often at all and I tend to figure it is pretty bad (is it sugars or something that do it?) so I am expecting the worst.

In a non-scale victory today, I bought my first 'proper' size 8 clothing! I say ' proper' because I do have 2 tops from White Stuff that are size 8 but they do tend to fit bigger than normal sizes so I figured I was a 10. But I went to a different shop today and the t-shirt I bought fits perfectly, I even had to double check to make sure it was definitely an 8 as it was almost too comfy on me!! Also got a hoody to replace my old XL hoody that I had been using for cycling and which had got so big that there was almost no point wearing it as the wind just billowed through it! Still a 12 in trousers but even they are gradually getting looser - or they were before I went on my beer drinking spree!!

Hope you've all had a good week. :)

Awww amanda I am the same, I am in a size 8 top half and boardering 8/10 bottom half. I was shopping yesterday, and I still see myself as bigger, Dont know if anyone else does this? I tried a size 12 on first, which drowned me, then realised I was being silly. ... Im hoping the next few pounds off I will be in 8 bottoms.
Looking forward to tomorrow im hoping for my 3.5 stone award. :eek: xx

Hello Tuesdayers! Just checking in with you all :) I have had a couple of bad weeks food wise (edinburgh one weekend, a wedding the next) but I have to say, changing groups to Thursday was definitely the right choice for me. My new consultant is PHENOMENAL, really loves the plan herself and is so keen to engage with members. I'm really looking forward to a good loss this week. Hope you're all doing well, I miss you lot!

Back