Tuesday Weighers

Not sure how this will go tomorrow because I reduced my syns from 15 to 10 everyday and I'm sticking to it but * week hit today and I think it is too near to actually have got rid of that fluid retention we get around totm (any advice or if anyone knows please let me know).

In relation to clothes size, I had my own non-scale victory last week, I bought a new dress (yes again !!!) and it is a Size 10. I was talking to a friend who works in a clothes shop and she asked me what size I was and realistically I'm a 14-16 still (depending on where I try them on). The dress I got is a stretch jersey so yes it was easier to fit into but I really didnt care it is a Size 10 !!!

Miss you too Laura, not the same without you but if you have a phenomenal consultant then stick with them, to me a really good consultant is very important. I was wondering how the wedding went, did you get something fabulous, no doubt you look fantastic, great to see you on here every so often so check in whenever you want to hun

I was happy enough with the dress I wore! You know how stressy it can be leading up to an event and then when it arrives you don't care what you're wearing! It was a really lovely weekend though.

I agree, my new consultant is fab, got some great recipes ideas in group so I've been cooking like a demon all weekend, made half syn swiss roll with syn free lemon curd, and oh my god it was yum (fell apart a bit when I rolled it though, I was too impatient to let it cool fully!). I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow and will have fingers and toes crossed :)

Afternoon everyone :)

After thinking about it I have decided just to go it alone for now and not go to the meetings. I don't see them being that beneficial tbh, for me anyways! Thats £5 a week just to go get weighed; stayed for a few of the full meetings and after waiting half an hour for everyone else to get weighed in, all the same 'props' were on the table with not much more information was given. All that really happened was going over what everyone lost that week. Groups pretty clique-ie as well which I really don't like.

Weekends for me haven't been much easier food wise! Went out for a meal on Friday for valentines day and made some good choices then ended up rather drunk and out on the Friday night.....which then lead onto bad eating on the Saturday and Sunday! Back on track today though. Seems to be how I go just now, good through the week and bad at the weekends!

With changing to go it alone i'll be weighing in on a Monday. Works out easier for the Fit Logs I print off and really needed a re start today after the shame of the syns this weekend! Lost 0.5lbs so still in the right direction, just not being as good as I should be!

Started swimming last week so I plan to keep that up :).

Hope I can still come on the thread rather than the Monday weigh in one.....this ones better but shhhhhhh :D

There is no problem coming on here Tracy, I agree this is the best day thread I think. I have to say image therapy really depends on the consultant, if you have a consultant who is totally brilliant and knows how to gear the talk that it is balanced for everyone then that will be a fun meeting to attend. Last week we did team fun tek and I thought it was brilliant (it helped that I did weigh in and knew which side to sit :D :giggle:) but I know what your saying but make sure you check in here every week, I think you get better advice on here than on your own closed fb page

I tried doing it without class before but found I just couldn't stick to it without the nagging reminder of a weigh in at the back of my mind! You have to be very disciplined so best of luck Tracy! I know a couple of friends of mine who do SW from home and they go to the chemist together to use the digital scales there and record their weights.... it might be worth thinking of so you know you have an accurate reading and a set day/time to get it?

I tried doing it without class before but found I just couldn't stick to it without the nagging reminder of a weigh in at the back of my mind! You have to be very disciplined so best of luck Tracy! I know a couple of friends of mine who do SW from home and they go to the chemist together to use the digital scales there and record their weights.... it might be worth thinking of so you know you have an accurate reading and a set day/time to get it?

Yeah I know it will be a tough one to go it alone so I will see how I get on. My scales are digital but I see your point of going to a proper scale. Not sure if there is one at my local chemist of even pool but i'll check it out. Will also make sure I get my other half there when I weigh so I have someone there to say 'Congrats' or 'What the hell went wrong' :D. I have also been taking measurements every 4 weeks so I can see the loss of inches and not just weight to go buy. Find this helps too :)

I'm with Laura on this one but not everyone is the same, I think the idea of a group of friends going together sounds appealing to me but i just can't live without image therapy, we have some craic there and we all get on and none of this clique at group. Doing the inches Tracy is a great idea, you really see the weight loss with this

Hey ladies, I've been quiet the last wee while, I have had a horrendous week.

My head has been completely not in it, had a stressful week and then went to my parents which is always a bit off plan. Completely enjoyed my valentines as well as I don't get to see much of my other half, about once or twice a month at the moment.

So I'm not looking forward to weigh in, which is tonight for me as my group can't have it tomorrow because of the hall that we are in.

I should be back to normal next week, just been a bit down, need to give myself a good shake haha!

I think the thought of putting back on anything I managed to lose last week is depressing me lol ah well.

Hope you lovely ladies have all had a good week :)

Hey ladies, I've been quiet the last wee while, I have had a horrendous week. My head has been completely not in it, had a stressful week and then went to my parents which is always a bit off plan. Completely enjoyed my valentines as well as I don't get to see much of my other half, about once or twice a month at the moment. So I'm not looking forward to weigh in, which is tonight for me as my group can't have it tomorrow because of the hall that we are in. I should be back to normal next week, just been a bit down, need to give myself a good shake haha! I think the thought of putting back on anything I managed to lose last week is depressing me lol ah well. Hope you lovely ladies have all had a good week :)

Sorry you aren't having the best week but at least you can start afresh tomorrow?

I have had an ok week but some reason tonight I feel so motivated! I think it's down to the most scrummy dinner!

I feel really chirpy and upbeat which is nice to feel. I sometimes get the munchies an hour after dinner but if I do then I will be having a yogurt and an apple!

Jessica, the main thing is your going to class and I think it is more important to go to class and image therapy those weeks where you hadnt a good week because you get great support from the other members it often boosts a person up and gives them much needed motivation, let us know how you get on later and good luck hun

Sazmagik, good luck today, I see your only 1Ib off going into a new stone category (what I'm in at the moment but hope to be out of it today) so hopefully you will be moving on the next one, let us know later how you get on

I can't believe we are back here again, the weeks seem to be going quicker as the new year moves on but I have been totally on plan this week and reducing my syns to 10 a day so lets hope it will make a difference and I finally move into the 12's tonight, fingers and toes crossed

Good luck everyone on your weigh ins :)

So what sort of Image Therapy is covered in your groups? I can't say the meetings I had did have any image therapy in them but i've maybe just not been to enough meetings for that.

Also can anyone recommend a great set of accurate scales for home?

It depends really what has been said on our own closed fb page really and I would say there might be a romantic thing or two said this evening because of Valentines Day. The group I go to, there are some who are really serious and just want to hear of recipes and never want to hear how everyone else has done this week and then there are those who love to hear how everyone else has got on this week (now I fall into this category surprise surprise). We have a few funny characters in our class but one thing we all agree on is we have a male member who is a top class chef and we all want to hear his tips but you would notice when he is not at class.

We also do team fun tek and I have to say that is interesting especially when it is often very close. I did weigh in last week so I knew which side had the most weight loss and quelle surprise I decided to sit that side and also I recorded all the points people got so I could rub it in that we won by a lot (of course they were cheating but we still won) and I have been told by my consultant she will pick my side tonight !!!!

Managed to lose half a pound last night so more than happy with that, this week is a new week so I'm starting a fresh today and getting myself back into it, thanks for the support guys, it really does help when you're feeling crappy and just want to hide in a hole!

Good of luck for tonight for everyone else :)

See I was under the impression that the Image Therapy they advertise is as it sounds, therapy for your image such as confidence boosters, why you make bad food choices, setting small tasks for yourself, speaking about eating issues etc all to help boost commitment and determination. That's perhaps why i've been pretty disappointed by my group meetings if i've been thinking it should be covering more in depth stuff. Don't get me wrong speaking about how you've been getting on and listening to others is interesting for me but with what you're paying for the meeting I think there should be more to it than that.

I also have no idea what Fun Tek is? lol :D

Trying to find a set of decent scales is a lot harder than it seems! So many functions on them nowadays....haha I sound old! :D

Any of the really accurate ones are very expensive! Maybe try amazon and see what ones have the best reviews? That's often what I do with stuff like this.

Team fun tek is basically the consultant will split the room in half and go around everyone and if they have lost weight then depending on how much you have lost she will give 100 points per 1Ib and also if you get sotw you get more points and somebody on each team tots up the scores, no prizes given but it is just fun to see who wins

I'm the same Stephanie, I would always through in the odd joke or two just to lighten the mood, some people can be too serious or upset (as I was last week :sigh:) so I always through in a bit of humour, it is always needed

Now time to go so wish me luck and I will talk to you all later or tomorrow morning

Scales REALLY did not smile for me today and I do not know why! :( Oh well here starts a new week. ;) Good luck to everyone else!

Back