Tummy Ache - trapped wind or prelude to a scene from Alien?

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
Does anybody else get stomach pains doing SW? I've been on green for a couple of weeks (red today but no better) and keep having weird back / tummy ache and shooting pains which are worse when I eat and make me want to curl up on the floor (not allowed in the office), they're even waking me up at night. I'm thinking it's probably trapped wind with the amount of fibre I'm eating - has anyone else had this and if so what helps? (Don't want to sound like a baby but it really really hurts :cry:)

Personal question - but - are you going to the loo for a number 2 as normal? If it doesn't settle down in a week or so I'd see your Dr, just so you know, it could be an intolerance to something that perhaps you are eating more of now you're on SW?!

Sip boiled water ease back on fiber and veg for a day or two,massage your tummy in circular motion to ease your bowel,hot water bottle,lots of luck wind is paaaaiiinnnful((HUG))

Drink peppermint tea, it will really help.....I had some key hole surgery recently and my stomach was filled with air and this is what I was advised to do, it works a treat......it does may you fart loads but it gets it all out

Try gripe water that stuff is fab you can normally get it in the baby section in supermarkets or in any chemist its great for getting rid of the old wind speaking from experience :D. Oh and lie on your back and put your legs in the air and do the cycle things with your legs that will get it moving too.

You have to let the farts out when they're ready or they build up and give you tummy ache. I know it's not ladylike but it's necessary! I stink sometimes, but I don't get bellyache (except when I have scan bran).

I think that tooting away merrily in the office may get me a bit of a name :). I've just had a peppermint tea, I'm going to run a hot bath while the tea's cooking, got a yoga dvd to try which should get things moving along then hopefully I'll be changing my logon to Windy Miller.

Hi guys, just to let you know that a hot bath with a tummy rub, peppermint tea and a bit of yoga seemed to sort it and I'm no longer scared I'll have to be held down on a table by Sigourney Weaver and chums. The less said about the results of this treatment the better. Thanks for all your help :)

Toot toot!
x

it's hard to fart at work though - i love leaving work and finally relaxing in the car so i can fart all the way home...saves on petrol ;)

literally lol @ this!

Have to say, I don't have belly ache, but I fart like a trooper, all day every day. And BOY do they HuuummmMMmmmm! hehehe I'm quite lucky coz I run a busy wee shop, and have plenty opportunity to fart when I nip into the store room....mind you, anyone else going in must be wondering wtf has gone off on the shelves!

As for at home, hubby is just peeved that when he does it, I tell him how poorly mannered he is, but when I do it I chuckle and say 'makes me skinny' :eek:

Fart, fart, wherever you may be; always let your wind go free!

hahaha Who need whirpool baths :p

Back