• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Tummy tuck help :)

jessikahlashes

Silver Member
S: 21st5.5lb C: 9st13.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.5 Loss: 11st6lb(53.42%)
Hello to everyone here! I am new so don't know if I am posting in the right place so sorry if I am totally lost! I am wanting some help with info on an nhs tummy tuck, before I continue I thought I'd let all you lovely people know a little bit about me! So here goes!
My name is Jess and I had always been over weight, when I was 6 I was even big, at just 10 I used to have to visit a dietician once a week to help with my weight problem, my mum was always my main support and when I was 12 my mum passed away, as amazing as my dad was at taking on the role of mum and dad, take aways and big portions soon became the norm in my house and before I know it I'm 16 and 17 stone. I struggled through school and sixth form, constantly battling and forever growing bigger, at 18 I met my partner and we very quickly fell pregnant with our first daughter and i gained 2 stone through pregnancy, when our daughter was just 5 months old we fell pregnant again with our second daughter and I gained another 2 stone through pregnancy! Suddenly the realisation hits that I'm 21 years old and have 2 beautiful baby girls and a loving fiancé and I weigh 21 and a half stone, if there was ever a time to lose the weight for me this was it! So I went along to slimming world and in 17 months lost 11 and a half stone and I'm now 10 stone. I've maintained for 2 years. My bmi has gone from 45 to 23. I thought with the weight loss would come this whole new world of confidence but for me it's been the opposite, I rarely go out and am very depressed about my tummy. I get sores and other medical things going on. I went to my gp and we applied for finding for a tummy tuck and I got a straight forward no, 6 months past and I decided to go back, after several appointments with my gp he decided we would apply one more time but he told me not to get my hopes up. I came home from appointment and broke down, applied on Tuesday and Thursday the post came, it was a letter, I have been accepted for funding and gp has been asked to forward my acceptance letter to a surgeon who will invite me in for a chat and then get date for surgery!!! I have literally been dancing around for a week. All I have ever wanted is to just feel normal and I feel like I now have a chance! I just wanted to see if anyone here has had a tummy tuck on the nhs and if they could give me any info? How long was your wait from receiving your acceptance letter? What was the process like? Wait time to see surgeon? Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. Hope you are all doing well and sending you all lots of love xxxxxx
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
S: 20st9lb
wow congratulations on your weightloss & keeping it off!! Yay on been approved not as much help in this department but i do know surgery list is 18weeks, no more than 6 months otherwise you get put through to Bupa to have surgery. Usually to see consultants depending how busy/important role they are it could be about a month wait. I see the 'boss' in my department (orthopedics) an appointments are usually within a month of getting them.
Hope this helps in some way xx
 

jessikahlashes

Silver Member
S: 21st5.5lb C: 9st13.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.5 Loss: 11st6lb(53.42%)
Jess<3 said:
wow congratulations on your weightloss & keeping it off!! Yay on been approved not as much help in this department but i do know surgery list is 18weeks, no more than 6 months otherwise you get put through to Bupa to have surgery. Usually to see consultants depending how busy/important role they are it could be about a month wait. I see the 'boss' in my department (orthopedics) an appointments are usually within a month of getting them.
Hope this helps in some way xx
Thank you very much for the reply, gives me sort of a rough idea! I'm just so excited!! Xx
 

GretaGrip

Gold Member
Well not a tummy tuck no but a breast reduction some years back.

You will have a wait of around 9 months - in fact, most primary care trusts have targets for operations so 9 months would be the longest you would have to wait , from acceptance

Hope that helps to give you a rough guideline

Oh and well done on your weight loss ! You've done something that not many people can do
 

jessikahlashes

Silver Member
S: 21st5.5lb C: 9st13.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.5 Loss: 11st6lb(53.42%)
GretaGrip said:
Well not a tummy tuck no but a breast reduction some years back.

You will have a wait of around 9 months - in fact, most primary care trusts have targets for operations so 9 months would be the longest you would have to wait , from acceptance

Hope that helps to give you a rough guideline

Oh and well done on your weight loss ! You've done something that not many people can do
Thank you for that! I just wanted some sort of rough guide so I know how likely I'm going to wait, going to have to get things sorted out once I get my date as for partner getting time off work to help with the kids as I heal and things! I spoke to a girl the other day who got her acceptance in may last year and had her op in July! I guess all PCT are different! X
 

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
S: 20st9lb
not a problem. & i bet you are!! do you have before & after pics? i bet your tiny & more than half of yourself :)
 

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
S: 20st9lb
WOW you look amazing!! You before pic kinda reminds me of me! x
 

GretaGrip

Gold Member
Oh you look incredible!

I went from over 15 stone to 9 stone and being able to wear clothes you actually want to is fab isn't it?
 

jessikahlashes

Silver Member
S: 21st5.5lb C: 9st13.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.5 Loss: 11st6lb(53.42%)
GretaGrip said:
Oh you look incredible!

I went from over 15 stone to 9 stone and being able to wear clothes you actually want to is fab isn't it?
Wow that's fab you've done fantastic, it is amazing being able to wear clothes but I do hide away a lot cos of loose skin and wear my magic knickers lol, one day I will have a flat tummy!! X
 

GretaGrip

Gold Member
mine isnt flat at all! yours totally looks it? mine does in clothes i suppose but the reality is a different matter

the crucial thing to focus on is that you did it - you lost the weight and youre now at the end of this journey
 

jessikahlashes

Silver Member
S: 21st5.5lb C: 9st13.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.5 Loss: 11st6lb(53.42%)
GretaGrip said:
mine isnt flat at all! yours totally looks it? mine does in clothes i suppose but the reality is a different matter

the crucial thing to focus on is that you did it - you lost the weight and youre now at the end of this journey
Il be honest in saying I live in suck me in knickers which is why lol, but my doctor reckons they have around 7 to 8 inches of skin to remove!! Crazy!! X
 

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
S: 20st9lb
what knickers do you suggest? i bought some before to help but didnt suck it in or pull up :(

Youve both done great! :) When im finished with my loosing, i hope il be able to get tummy tuck too x
 

jessikahlashes

Silver Member
S: 21st5.5lb C: 9st13.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.5 Loss: 11st6lb(53.42%)
Jess<3 said:
what knickers do you suggest? i bought some before to help but didnt suck it in or pull up :(

Youve both done great! :) When im finished with my loosing, i hope il be able to get tummy tuck too x
I wear spanx, they are so worth it, they are absolute magic, I wore them when I was larger too! They have a hole for weeing lol, it's a must because they're that tight my other half literally has to lift me off the ground to get me in them but they are amazing! Even peacocks do a little knicker pair for 6 pound which I own a few of, I also have high waist tights which do a good job and suck my legs in too! Debenhams and marksys do the spanx, they're around 30 quid but worth every penny xx
 

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
S: 20st9lb
I wear spanx, they are so worth it, they are absolute magic, I wore them when I was larger too! They have a hole for weeing lol, it's a must because they're that tight my other half literally has to lift me off the ground to get me in them but they are amazing! Even peacocks do a little knicker pair for 6 pound which I own a few of, I also have high waist tights which do a good job and suck my legs in too! Debenhams and marksys do the spanx, they're around 30 quid but worth every penny xx
Thanks! think il be investing in some of these :) xx
 

jessikahlashes

Silver Member
S: 21st5.5lb C: 9st13.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.5 Loss: 11st6lb(53.42%)
huwiesmummy said:
I can second the use of spanx! Best thing ever for sucking in those bits. I have lost nearly 10st and have 3st to go so I use spanx for when I wanna look trimmed and toned.
Well done you!! That's amazing, you're fab xxxxx
 

huwiesmummy

Gold Member
S: 320lb C: 253lb G: 180lb BMI: 40.8 Loss: 67lb(20.94%)
Hehe thanks. I only just found them in the UK. I grew up in California and spanx were what all the big girls wore. When I moved here I never shopped due to being so heavy. I recently went and got my dream dress and looked for some slimming undies and found them at house of Frasier. Very excited as all my old ones fell off me! Congrats on your loose too. It feels good having lifted that weight off.
 




Top