Tummy Tuck - would you have one if you could?

Sarah_P

Happy to be slim at last
I was looking at lost of "loose skin" threads over the weekend as I am starting to worry a little about being left with a saggy tummy and inner thighs. I have resolved to start doing lots of toning exercises and maybe invest in a Wii fit.

I then found my way to the surgery board and was reading all about tummy tucks. So, would you have one if you could?

I am not sure if I would as the fear of things going wrong would be there, but maybe I would do it if I could afford it?

Just curious / being nosey to see what others think about surgery after weight loss?

Oh wow! Oh that's it, be prepared for me asking lots of questions. When are you going in? Did you get it NHS or have to pay private (if you don't mind answering that one).

Are you going to post before and after pics like some of the others have done on here?

Private, NHS wouldnt as its not a massive problem in thier eyes..

Going in when I get to goal and sts for a few months..... Im in no rush as Im scared lol... I signed up last year but had to wait for my sons opp to be out the way b4 I did anything...

After having my boys my tummy is my prob area no matter what I do, its just there. Ive an apron tummy if you know what I mean...AND IT HAS TO GO!!
Havent thought about pics and that far ahead really. Not too sure any1 would want to see my tum tum lol

Woofy X

i would be beating people out the way with my apron lol to get in the queue, ok i would be scared but like woof i need mine gone too, good luck woof i will be watching with a mixture of envy and admiration lol

I'd certainly give it some serious thought once I've maintained successfully for a year or 2. Never have liked my tum and pregnancy hasn't helped - no surprise! We plan to try for another child after my op in April so I wouldn't have a tummy tuck til we figure the family is complete or that it's time to stop trying as most docs advise you finish with pregnancies before having it done but then, hell yeah, I'll be doing my research and giving it some serious thought......

Ive an apron tummy if you know what I mean..

I had one of them woofy, but it has gone in the last couple of years.

Ive an apron tummy if you know what I mean..

I had one of them woofy, but it has gone in the last couple of years.

I would in a second.. I keep waiting to win the lottery.

I would absolutely love to go on extreme makeover but not sure you can nominate yourself lol.

I had an emg caesarean with my son, and still cannot feel the bottom half of my tummy. Have a nasty overhanging bit which I presume is this 'apron'?

How much does it cost woofy? xx

Wow, I didn't expect so many people to say yes. I know they say lots of people are having them done now.

Jim, did your apron just improve as you got fitter? I haven't had kids, but am still worried about being left with a jelly belly!

Edited to add that on the surgery board, they said it's about £5K.

Best I buy myself a euromillions ticket then.

xx

Jim, did your apron just improve as you got fitter? I haven't had kids, but am still worried about being left with a jelly belly!

It just sort of faded away over a couple of years once I was in maint Rach.

Is yours an extra big apron?

Why so much more? xx

Is yours an extra big apron?

Why so much more? xx

Not a massive apron, no. Its just the care plan Ive gone for. I will stay in hospital for 3 nites compared to just the 1 to 2.. Plus Im havin lipo... Might as well while Im on the table ;)

Woofy X

Wow lipo.. now theres a word I like.

Wouldnt mind a nose and boob job while im there too :rotflmao:

Yeah I am interested in thigh tucks also as I think they might end up a little saggy. Going to exercise like mad from now on!

Woofy, after saying I wasn't sure I would do it, I know find myself feeling very envious of you.

They are the 2 things im happy with. DO NOT want my boobies to go!!! Just the mummy tummy....

Woofy X

Sarah, never give up on anything, babes... Where theres a will theres a way!!!!

Come with me and jump on the table... Lets see if they do a Buy 1 get 1 free... hee hee

Woofy X

Back