Tummys after weight loss?

my first 2 weeks early was 11lb 2 and my second 2yrs later again 2 weeks early was 12lbs 8 and a half oz and people ask why dont you have another not a chance it would be bloody 14lber

Oh yes the thighs, mine look awful too :(.

Might get the nerve up to post pics (of the tummy) later so you know what I'm talking about nothing there the gym would fix (I go to classes three times a week with lots of focus on my tummy and I do tonight etc at home every day after the cross trainer) lol very big might though :p

xXx

7lb 2, 7lb 8 and 7lb 10 but I have a very small frame (am only 5'3) and my bumps were enormous!

my friends daughter had a baby today 10lbs !!! made me wince!

Omg rachel you've got me crossing my legs here!

my first 2 weeks early was 11lb 2 and my second 2yrs later again 2 weeks early was 12lbs 8 and a half oz and people ask why dont you have another not a chance it would be bloody 14lber

OMG!!!!!

Im so glad im not the only one, i had to have an emergency cc and mow mu tummy is sort of hooked under from wgere the scar is as well as my collapsed belly button and wrinkley skin, it keeps getting worse by the day. I was 17.7 after i had my daughter, and 9.7 b4 i was pg, i took eating for two to the extreme!!!
and bio oil.....dont make me laugh, what a waste of time. I keep looking at my old bikinis....boo hoo:cry:
Lou.xx

I didn't have cc's my muscles just seperated from the sheer size of my bump and never went back together and got worse after each child, who knew becoming a mum could mess with your body so much! No one told me all this in ante natal classes!

FYM - there is a post somewhere on here all about that type of damage with lots of info. I think what you have actually has a name, and thats the title of the thread but I can't remember it. Will see if I can find it...might have useful info.

You are very lucky to be getting the NHS to cover a TT, despite the reasons - its an added bonus. I would love it.

Back in a mo, hopefully with a link!

Emma, don't feel pathetic for crying or feeling like this. So many of us feel that way after pregnancy. For a lot of us it does wreck your body. I had a shocking pregnancy and an emergency Caesar and my tummy will never be the same again. My little one is absolutely worth every scar and stretch mark but that doesn't mean I can't still mourn my tummy and wish it looked better! I'm worried too about the apron of skin. I want another baby so I'm not considering a tummy tuck yet but once I'm sure I'm finished with pregnancies and am at a reasonable weight I'd have one if I still wasn't happy.
I'd say go for it and don't feel guilty or pathetic. There is sometimes a conspiracy of silence on this - some people can make you feel guilty for feeling this way as if they think you resent your children or are unrealistic. That's so not true. Most of us love our kids to bits and the truth is some people are more affected by pregnancy than others. Some bounce back, most of us don't and an unlucky few like you get separated muscles. You're doing really well with the weight loss, that's making you healthier despite the tummy and when you're ready you can have surgery on the tummy and it will be safer now that you're slimmer.
Hugs!
x

Thanks for the link BL it won't be on the nhs unfortunately, I'm saving up (slowly lol) but it will definately be worth it. Mind you saying it won't be on the nhs may be a fib now I know there's a name for it all, wonder why the dr's didn't tell me that before!!! Wonder if it was because I was so over weight? Hmm anyway might be worth mentioning it to them when I next go in would save me a few quid wouldn't it!

Thanks for finding that page blonde logic, It has really helped me, i had my tummy go into sort of a point while i was pg, but it doesnt seem as bad now, but then again i only have 1 baby.
I will defo b gunning for a tt when i am finished with having babies and would love one now, but im not sure about whether i want more kids. If i had 3 tho i would be doing all in my power to get one!!!! and realy realy realy try the NHS, thats what we pay for all our lives. Good luck.XXX

I know how you feel - over the last few days I have noticed my stomach get worse than its ever been! The skin on it resembles crepe paper! And in the past when I've been dieting i know this has been one of the reasons I have given up because it does kind of look better "plumped up" with fat! But I'm not giving up this time - the stomach GOES! Even if it does cost me £5k (is that about right?).

I dont think my dr will put it through on the NHS cos although i did have an emergency c section for my first child - I think I have just made it so much worse by going up and down the scales ever since!

PS my thighs are all cellulite too Daisydoll - think this will sort out in time and like Huseyin says I think I will give my body a year to recover before I start the surgery in case it miraculously recovers bby itself. Ever the optimist :)

Hi Emma (and all!)

I wouldn't get too depressed yet - I know that your situation might be much worse than mine, but things do improve gradually.

I've lost 5 stone now, and although my skin is a little crepey I can live with it. I had my fourth baby 8 months ago and I have HUGE babies! My first 8lb 12oz (I wrote 8st 12lb initially, yikes!!), second was 10lb 15oz, third 9lb 2oz, and fourth 9lb 9oz. I had shoulder dystocia with the second, who was 10 days early, and so the third was induced at 38 weeks, and the fourth was by c section as I work in a hospital and the consultant obstetrician was a little terrified of letting me deliver normally I think, especially as the 34 week scan estimated I was already carrying a 7lb 7oz baby! Anyway, following the c section I had a very pouchy belly, it was just an apron of fat, I had to grab hold of it and lift it up to see the c section scar and I had problems with this healing, I assume because I was proper porky!! It was rather embarrassing when I had to go every few days to have it dressed, and it didn't heal for a good five months!

Gradually as I've lost weight I've noticed my stomach has stayed as a bit of an apron of fat, always sticking out quite a bit, but finally now it's pretty good!! I've done no exercise yet, so I assume that it might get better still, but I've just tried on a clingy dress tonight and asked my husband if my stomach was sticking out too much, and he said "you don't have a stomach!" He was being very genuine too I think!! ;-) I've never been so slim and as I drop my BMI it's just got better and better, but this improvement has only been really noticeable in the past week or so I would say.

I'm still conscious, because I put a pair of jeans on this morning and had a fleece jacket on top, but it was really quite short and showed off my stomach. Now, I changed, because I hate showing the aprony bit of my stomach from the c section scar upwards. But if I am totally honest with myself, there was no problem and I looked fine before!! I just hate anyone touching my stomach, or leaving it on show at all!

I know your situation might be far worse, but as I say, I've had four kids, and a c section, so I thought I was stuck with it! However, I'm delighted to say that I definitely won't have to resort to surgery. I'm realistic enough to know that at 39 I might not decide to wear a bikini, but I'd look pretty good in a flattering all in one costume, so that's fine!

Now, as for my arms, they I don't like! I would never wear a sleeveless top, but again at my age I think a lot of women have bingo wings, and again, if I'm honest they aren't that bad really, but they do have some loose skin, but I really think that this might tighten up, or I'll be able to do a little to help when I introduce more exercise.

My advice is to keep going and see what you are left with at the end when you've given your body about 6 months to settle - I'd definitely not rush into anything.

Last edited:
Ooh, Jazzy, that sounds interesting!!

I'm a tad concerned about the summer, as I really want to be able to wear short sleeve tops and not be worried, as I thought I might be able to when I thought about doing LL. However, at the moment I'm still avoiding short sleeves as I'm really conscious of them.

They really can't be too bad, and I know this, but I've always been really shy of my tummy and my arms and still can't bear to show them yet. It's only horrible when I lift my arm and wave, so I'll just have to remember not to wave to anyone in the summer months!! ;-)

Actually, I hope my head comes to realise that I'm looking pretty good now, as I've just had a pair of size 12 Next jeans on today, and to be honest they are a little big!!! YIKES - I might even get into a size 10 Next jeans in the next few weeks or so! I honestly can't believe it! My sister has also been a size 8 for years and is so skinny. I tried her leather jacket on today - it was only a little one, but in a size 10 and fits her perfectly. Well, I put it on over my jumper, and although I couldn't really breathe properly in it, I got in it and even managed to zip it up!!! Un-blooming-believable!!! I can't tell you how astonishing this is to me, having always been the fat one in the family!

Me too Poppy

Some of those things you have been saying could be my words - apart from the babies - I don't have any.
I 'm now wearing size 10 Next jeans and loving it. I also bought a very slender leather jacket from a charity shop for £4 and tried it on over a jumper and could breathe. I'm loving every moment.
I also have floppy upper arms. I don't think I'll be able to wear sleeveless tops, but will wait to see how it pans out. As you say, some women of my age have bat wings anyway without having lost weight. It's a small price to pay in my opinion. It's not all about looks. I'm so much more healthy, have more energy and the main difference for me is in my head. HURRAH.

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

SB - thanks for the lovely rep comment - I just tried to give you some (but was told to share it around first! LOL) for your new avatar because your pins are just stunning!!!!! They'll take all attention away from any part of your body that you are less happy with! I must remember, cover my arms, flash my legs!! LOL!!!

Back