Tuna Steak

paulsrich

Hiya All,

I had Tuna Steak the other week whilst waiting for my delayed flight at Newcastle Airport!! Anyway long story but the Tuna was lush. It was the first time I have ever had it. So today I have brought 2 steaks for my tea. Now my question is how should I cook it? Forman Grill, Fry lite or can I wrap it in Foil and squirt some lemon and grind some chillies ontop and whack it in the oven. Not sure how long to cook for but think I will do some steamed veg with it.
Its great being single and just having to sort out and think about yourself on this diet!! lol
Anyway any advice would be great....

Cheers

Paul

I personally wrap it in foil with lemon juice and a few cherry tomatoes if I have any in.....Tuna tends to dry out when it cooks because there is no fat in it, so cooking it in foil keeps the juices in and it stays moist....enjoy.

Aldi do frozen ones which are very good. I do mine in foil ,lemon juice, spring onions and grated ginger. For about 20 mins (I can't bear it red in the middle). I'm sure I got some from farmfoods too. They are much cheaper than fresh.

Thanks for that. I am going to have these tonight with steamed veg. I take it oven temp 180?

Judi. I love ginger so thank you for the tip, I shall put ginger with my Tuna next time, I like mine cooked through too, thanks again.

Back