Tuna

liz0703

Silver Member
How much?? It does not say. I am going to make a tuna salad for my dinner tomorrow. Do we use the 4-6 ozs that we use for the chicken? Not sure how much is a tin, sat in work!!

Have also bought some lo cal balsamic vinegar to have with my salad- cucumber, mixed lettuce leaves, tomatoes and spring onions.

The first time I had tuna I had half a tin but then I was told everyone else had been having a whole one so had that subsequently. It's only about 140g drained weight which is around 5ozs. x

Yup i was having a whole tin and a boiled egg with salad :) yum! x

Didn't realise we were allowed egg on re-feed, yum yum!!! Have made my salad for my lunch tomorrow, not sure if I have made too much though, I know it says a small bowl full, mine is in a tuperware dish, not a big one but still think it looks a bit much. Lettuce, cucumber, 3 baby plum toms and one spring onion, with pepper-no salt. Haven't added the tuna til I logged on here to check the answer. A full time looks like it may drown the salad, but will see how I go on. Have bought some really low fat balsamic vinegar, so will have a drizzle of that too. Thanks guys

I cant remember if I had tuna, but I am sure I did and I had about 100gm and gave the rest to the cat :) But, I would think the full time is fine....I had one today and the drained weight was 130gm...think you will be fine.

I have just finished off my salad now, I did what you did, put about 100g and gave the rest to the cat, she wolfed it down lol. Must say quite looking forward to the salad, it looks yummy. My first 'packed lunch' in work tomorrow. Pre-LT, I went to Martin's butty shop every day and had a tuna/may/sweetcorn on a ciabatta and a fudge do nut, and sometimes even a sausage roll!! Those days are long gone!! The thought of a sausage roll knocks my stomach!!

Thanks again for the tips

I hope you enjoy your tuna salad....that was the one thing I craved when on LT!!!!!!!

So, I have as much fish now as I can possibly stomach :)

Enjoy your tuna salad, just be prepared for work each day and there will never be a need for those sausage rolls ever again.

Never would a sausage roll go past my mouth!!! The grease and fat on it, soooo not worth it!!!

Had the tuna salad (with mixed lettuce, cucumber, baby plum toms, spring onion, a dizzle of balsamic vinegar, seasoned with pepper). Found it slightly tastless, any perk up ideas? Feel full to the brim though, again took me ages to eat it, and struggled to eat it all- chewing is such a new thing!!

you can use a TBSP of very light mayo....try putting a little salt on it, which I think will help also.

You could also use Fat Free Fromage Frais (if you can find it; I am struggling to find it, but others use it).

You could put in some fresh coriander or parsley, that does give it a bit of a taste as well.

Thanks. Was going to try and avoid using salt on anything if I can help it. Even though I am not using, everything tastes really salty anyway, i suppose that is due to our changing taste buds. Doing MY first food shop this pm, so I think I will get some v low fat mayo and parsley, can also use the parsley for my fish tonight I thought.

Really could not get through this without you all!!! So many questions...........!

Dill is lovely on fish. I top a fillet with it & black pepper & grill- yum!

yep, pepper is great.

I also used a low fat hellmans vinegarette on my salads. It was gorgeous, 1tbsp was enough and was only about 12 calories i think. :)

I used a lot of fresh basil in my chicken, fish and salads on refeed, it really gives a great taste to all the above.

Bought the fresh parsley when I was out shopping, put some on my fish for tea and have added some to my tuna salad tomorrow. Will try out some other fresh herbs next time I go shopping. Bought the Helman's Extra Light Mayo also, and mixed it with the tuna to add to my salad tomorrow, also added some a dash of lemon juice and loads more pepper to try and get the taste up. Also put one small raw mushroom in too for a bit of variety- don't even like mushrooms raw, so might even pick it out!!

Oh, also bought some mustard seeds and mixed that with mayo- goodness knows what concoction I have made!!!

LOL!! Mustard seeds?! aren't they used for things like curries etc?! lol How about just some ordinary mustard mixed with lf mayo - i had this in a sandwich whilst on refeed - gorgeous! I had djon mustard though which was quite 'hot' but the may cooled it a little :)

I also mixed a little garlic puree & pepper to 2tbsp extra light mayo (the asda one) for a garlic mayo dip for raw veg sticks :D

I really like mustard, but as it wasn't on the sheet, I was going to wait until after re-feed (I know mustard seeds aren't but I am treating the herb and spice section as an access all areas, am I wrong??

Love garlic mayo, another great tip I will definitely be trying!! Keep 'em coming folks!! Very new to me this fresh cooking and being careful what I eat-can't you tell lol

Yeah the garlic one is lovely! And so many less cals - as i dont think ive ever seen a lf garlic mayo! LOL

I queried the mustard thing with LT when i was last on refeed and their reply was a tiny amount from day 4 :)

Have already got garlic purée in my cupboard, so on Sat (Day 4), will be having that for lunch, yum!!

Back