turkey breast steak ideas

mylastchance

hi ladies
i'm on ee and was gonna make turkey fried rice n sweet n sour for dinner this evening. any other ideas of what you would do with them.

trying to be so good today - have made sw jellies for britains got talent snack

also jelly setting for giant jaffa cake.

doing race for life 2mora so hoping for at least 1.5 again this week.

this is my 3rd week and really starting to get into it now and enjoying cooking new slimming world things.

xoxo

You could do a biriani kind of dish with rice and turkey. I'm sure there is on the recipe forum. Let me look. x

Back again.. ok this is veg one, but you can then just add your turkey (I'd marinade them in indian spices and a little water first) - ccok the turkey seperate and then add this:

This low-syn recipe makes enough for 4 easily. It's very filling! You can bulk it out with more veg if you like, but I used veg I thought would work well. You can also make it non-veggie by using HE for chicken.

The syns depend on how much curry paste you use - I used 2 tbsp (8 syns for the whole recipe) so this is 2 syns per portion.

It's a great alternative to a weekend curry, and is as tasty as a takeaway too, honest! Mmm!

Ingredients

• 300g basmati rice
  • 1 large onion finely sliced
  • 3 cardamom pods
  • 1 small cinnamon stick
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • mushrooms
  • cauliflower
  • green beans
  • balti paste (4 syns per tbsp)
  • 850 ml vegetable stock (vecon)
  • frylight
  • Chopped fresh coriander
  • Optional - raisins (syn value depending on quanitity you like)
  • Optional - 1 HE-B of flaked almonds, toasted
Method

• Soak the rice in warm water for around 5 mins, then rinse in cold water until the water runs clear.
  • Using Frylight, cook the onions and whole spices over a very low heat for about 8-10 minutes, til the onions are soft and it's nice and fragrant. Add a little water if the onions are sticking.
  • Add the turmeric, vegetables and balti paste (quantity depending on your taste and your syns allowance, but I used 2tbsp in my recipe) and cook through for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
  • Add the rice and the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to minimum. Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
  • Cook for 5 minutes then turn the heat off. Leave for 10-15 minutes. All the stock will be absorbed and the rice cooked.
  • Stir through most of the coriander.
  • Fluff up the rice and serve sprinkled with toasted almonds and the remainder of the coriander on top.

thanks so much - sounds great. had curry last nite - well syn free bhajees, bombay potatoes n chicken bhuna.... all syn free - think you posted it somewhere. then had choc n rasbeerry desert for 3 syns - absolute heaven - posted it in receipe section.

how you get on last week - you still doing ee

Last chance, yes.. lost 5lb at WI.. is yours on Sunday? Doing a chicken biryani myself tonight now, lol.. all that curry talking got my taste buds a flowing, lol.. Will marinade my chicken first in 1tbsp curry paste (1.5 syns for the lot - its for 2 of us so will count it as 3/4) and then do as above. Syn free onion bahji's? How do you make them hun? I've got a recipe using gram (chickpea) flour and they work out to 1 syn each. Be good to have a syn free one :). xx

Syn-Free Onion Bhajees

Syns per Serving | Green – Syn Free
Servings | 4

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 3 onions, sliced finely
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder
- 400gm can chickpeas, drained
- fresh chopped coriander

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / 425F / Gas 7.

2. Using a non-stick pan sprayed with Fry Light, fry the onion and curry powder for about 10 minutes until very soft and brown. Set half of the mixture to one side.

3. Add the drained tin of chickpeas to the other half of the onion mixture and process using a food processor or hand blender.

4. Add the reserved half of the onion mixture and some chopped fresh coriander, mix well and shape into balls. Put the balls onto a try or into a bun tray and cook until golden brown.

I found this a bit sloppy the first time I made it so I just added some plain cous cous to the mixture which firmed it up a bit
Bombay Potatoes

Green: 6 sins (Free if using frylight)

(Serves 6)
Ingredients;
½ lbs potatoes peeled and diced
1 tin tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
½ teaspoon chili
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon garam masala
bunch coriander
1 tablespoon oil (6 sins)

Method
Heat oil add mustard seeds when cracked, add the potatoes and spices, liquidise tomatoes and add. Cook on low heat until potatoes are cooked, add coriander and serve.

thats great - bet your chuffed after all the food you about to eat on ee. my weigh day a tuesday so few more days staying on track. saturday nites always hard.

Ooohh thanks for that MLC, I'm gonna go and get some chickpeas from Tesco now, they are at the far end of the store, so good for exercise too :).

I sure am with all that food, my fridge has never looked so healthy and I now make cakes for the kids, and it don't bother me not eating them either. Love the recipes on here :) xx

I just fry turkey steaks in frylight after coating them in finely chopped chilli, black pepper and lemon zest. If they start to look a bit dry whilst frying, squeeze a bit of lemon juice over too. Really tasty with a green salad and some new potatoes or couscous on EE. Really good quick evening meal if you CBA when coming in from work

Back