Diary of a sugar adict!

Dukan2013

Well I'm five days in to the Dukan diet and have lost SEVEN pounds and I still have two days of attack left! I know I still have a long way to go (5 stone) but I feel Dukan is the diet for me after the first few days my cravings for sugar have almost stopped and can be tamed by a sugar free jelly. I even managed to bake a chocolate cake yesterday without licking my fingers ( or the bowl lol). I'm treating myself to having my hair done tomorrow as a reward! I'm even enjoying exercising iv been swimming three times this week and my dog is enjoying all the extra walking
I'm hoping the road ahead runs as smoothly as my first five days I doubt it will but hopefully I will stay on track and everyone here has been fab and answered all my questions no matter how daft so please give me a big kick up the bum should you deem it necessary

Food for today

Breakfast 2 slices of grilled turkey bacon 2 poached eggs

Lunch chilli and garlic chicken breast

Dinner lean steak & 2 homemade turkey meatballs

Snacks

Mini cheese cake (used the oat bran for the base and fat free yogurt mixed with lemon sugar free jelly for the top Yum!

Sprite zero ice lolleys

Looks good to me! An impressive start, suggest you put up your stats so we can see your progress and help if you run into trouble. Hope you continue to enjoy

Looking good there! Welcome and good luck! Stats would be good.

Thanks for your support guy's! Iv had another good day today I didn't manage to go swimming but have taken my dog out for a walk. Iv had my hair done today and love it!!!!

Food for today

Breakfast two eggs scrambled and two slices of turkey bacon

Lunch chicken with Cajun spices

Dinner prawns salmon and cod

Snacks sugar free jelly, Dukan pancake

Drinks coffee x2 coke zero x 2 water 1.5lrs ish

Hi all I am preparing for the cruise stage by doing my shopping list the truth is I don't actually like vegetables so I'm struggling a bit! X

Well besides the vegetable dread Iv had a pretty good day I managed to go swimming and have ridden my horse. I'm facing my biggest challenge over the next few days as I'm going to work tomorrow and as I live in I will be their till Wednesday morning I work as a care worker with delinquent teenagers so its going to be difficult to exercise as I won't even be able to go out for a walk but guess I will have to do my best. Iv got all my food ready to take in to work with me so hopefully will manage to stay on track food wise I usually use chocolate and coffee with three sugars in to keep me going as the minimal hours I work is 16 a day but often the little delight I work with wont go to bed so I often only get a couple of hours sleep a night ( I do love my job really but it can be hard working such long hours and remaining positive for three days when you are working with difficult teenagers)

Food for today

Breakfast Two egg omelet with chicken

Lunch steak

Dinner homemade turkey mince meatballs

Snacks dukan cheese cake using oat bran for the base and fat free yogurt and sugar free jelly for the topping & 2 slices ham

Drinks coffee x3 (skimmed milk & sweeteners) coke zero x 1 & water ( lots been thirsty today think its due to all the activity)

Hope you are doing ok, really difficult to stick to the diet as well as dealing with your teenage darlings ..............

Well I weighed in this morning my starting weight was 15 stone 7 pounds and this morning I weigh 14 stone 9 I can't quite believe it I have been taking photos of the scales on my phone as no one else believes it either! Now I am on cruise I expect it will slow down a lot but this is just the motivation I need! x

well done, your right weight loss does slow down but you will steadily loose now till fantastic start good luck xxx

Hi so I have done my first day of cruise, it has been nice to have a bit more variety but I'm not a huge fan of veggies. Work is stressful so it's hard to keep me appetite under control but have stuck to the plan.

Food for today cruise day 1

Breakfast 2 egg omelet with turkey bacon and mushrooms

Lunch tuna with cucumber

Dinner steak with broccoli

Snacks sugar free jelly x 2

Drinks water 1.5 lrs ish coke zero x 2 coffee with skimmed milk and sweetener 6 ( so far )

Ok I know I have had a lot of coffee today but i always end up drinking loads at work but at least I didn't have it with biscuits lol! It's amazing how many bad habits I have discovered I have since starting Dukan it's no wonder I have piled on the pounds!

I have also had no oat bran as I stupidly forgot to bring it to work wiv me! Going to try and find an excuse and run in to town and grab some!

Last edited:
Iv decided that the best form of exercise I can do at work is cleaning so I have just been outside scrubbing the conservatory mine will be the shiniest care home around! I figure that it burns more energy that paperwork! X

I love this diary it's a great way to keep myself focused and have a good old ramble! Iv had an ok day my OH dropped some oat bran off at work for me so have not had to deprive myself i made some muffins for the first time they were that yummi that the kid im working with had some too! Well exercise is hard when you are stuck in work so I have done lots of cleaning!

Food for today cruise day 2 PP

Breakfast Scrambled egg with turkey bacon

Lunch Tuna and LF cottage cheese

Dinner turkey meatballs

Snacks dukan muffins

Drinks coffee x 3 green tea x4 coke zero x1 water 1.5 lrs

I have managed to replace some of my coffees with green tea!

Well iv had a busy and eventful day in work hence why I am say here at this time eating my dinner I don't think it's great to eat so late but due to the little darling I work with the only food available has been a vending machine full of chocolate and crisps but I resisted!

Food for cruise day 3 PV

Breakfast Mushroom omelet

Lunch 2 chicken breasts small salad

Dinner/Supper steak ( no veg as too knackered to cook it)

Snacks Dukan Muffins

Since starting Dukan I have developed a very strange habit of wandering round the supermarket for ages looking at the food and buying various non food items! Magazines face masks etc! Yesterday I had a couple of hours to kill whilst waiting for one of the kids from work and spent the whole time in Asda I came out with a new pan, a note book, magazine, socks and an air fresher for my car??? non of which I need lol! It's like I just like looking at the food I had no desire whatsoever to buy or eat any of it even the Easter eggs and they have always been a weakness of mine! Maybe I'm cracking up! 2 more hours and I escape work I have my swimming bag packed in the car and its straight to the pool for me I can't wait!

I loke to clean the fridge and arrange my tins and looooove the supermarket lol weired isint it xxx

Cruise day 4 PP

Well a good day today I had a nice swim and took my dog out for a long walk up a very big hill! Food for today

Breakfast 3 eggs (2 yokes) scrambled

Lunch spicy chicken

Dinner tuna and prawns

Snacks dukan muffins sugar free jelly

Drinks green tea x 2 coke zero x 1 water 1.5 lrs ish.

Woo Hoo I weighed myself this morning and I am now 14 stones and 6.8 pounds I know I shouldn't weigh myself so often but I couldn't resist! X

Cruise day 5 PV

Well I had a very busy day but managed to squeeze in a walk and a swim! I went out for a meal for the first time since starting my Dukan journey. It was unavoidable as is was a work thing but I was very good the meal was at TGI's so I had a steak with veg and stuck to drinking diet coke and water all night, it's a very surreal experience being the only sober person in a bar at two in the morning lol!

Food for today

Breakfast chicken and mushroom omelet

Lunch Dukan chicken nuggets

Dinner Meal out steak with green veg

Drinks

Diet coke x 6 (night out) coffee x 1 water I lr ish

Back