Turkey Burger recipe

So here is my homemade turkey burger recipe (makes 6)

800g (28oz) Turkey Mince
2 Medium Onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons ground Cumin
2 teaspoons ground Coriander
1 teaspoon Chilli powder
1 fresh Chilli

Chop up the onions, garlic and chilli as finely as possible or if you are like me and hate chopping up onions and etc.

I get out my old food mixer and put on the metal blade and put in the onions garlic and chilli and give it a quick wizz round and it's finally chopped in seconds.

Put this in a bowl and add the chilli powder, ground Cumin and ground Coriander and give it a good mix round so all the spices attach themselves to the onion and garlic.

Then add the turkey mince and mix it again .

Then you need to divided the mixture into 6 burgers.

To make them into the shape of burgers I always get out my egg rings, the ones that you use to cook poached eggs and with a spoon I fill the egg ring up and push the turkey burger mixture down.

Then you slide the egg ring off the burger and there it is a perfect burger.

Then all you need to do is cook them. They will take about 12 minutes each side.

I hope you like them. If you want you can add a small cube of cheese, I use Chedder
just place the cheese i the middle of the burger.

I hope you like them.

Summer time bbq's I always have to make a load when I go round to friends. Even the kids like them.

i forgot to say I make extra and freeze them so I always have some to defrost

Last edited:
Thanks for the recipe! Sounds good. As i'm still on induction i'll probably have to go easy on the onions when i make them.

My body isn't too keen on onions anyway so I'd only add a few. Sounds yummy though, thanks for sharing the recipe.

Very nice indeed, why don't you go and post it in the recipe sticky love. :)

Jim I will I am new to this forum so I haven't quite found my way around yet. I will have a look and put it on there. Thanks for your help

Thanks jim

Back