turkey for 9 days on sunday

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
Hi everyone
Well im off on holiday on Sunday for 9 days to marmaris and im very excited, sun sea & relaxation :) now while I want to enjoy my holiday I also don’t want to gain everything iv lost.. is there any tips anyone can give me for stayin on plan while abroad??

Sorry I had to chuckle when I saw the title, I had visions of you eating nothing but turkey for 9 days! No advice, have a fab hol.

Hi everyone
Well im off on holiday on Sunday for 9 days to marmaris and im very excited, sun sea & relaxation :) now while I want to enjoy my holiday I also don’t want to gain everything iv lost.. is there any tips anyone can give me for stayin on plan while abroad??

I have the same concerns really we are going away mid Aug for 3 weeks. I am going to try to swim properly every day twice a day if I can!! We will be dong some cooking which will help - and just try to make good choices at other times. Watch what you drink - and enjoy!!

I have the same concerns really we are going away mid Aug for 3 weeks. I am going to try to swim properly every day twice a day if I can!! We will be dong some cooking which will help - and just try to make good choices at other times. Watch what you drink - and enjoy!!

yeah im gona do the same im goin to try make sensible choices but im gonna drink whatever i fancy lol cuz at end of day thats what hols r for hehe :D but where food is concerned i will try:D

I am going to turkey 7 weeks today for 10 days so can't wait :)

I am worried myself but were in a villa so I do have control over what I eat... so with me it's just about making the right choices but thats still hard with you being in holiday mode isn't it.

All we can do is try and make better choices but still enjoy ourselves and perhaps do lengths in the pool haha :)

I am going to turkey 7 weeks today for 10 days so can't wait :)

I am worried myself but were in a villa so I do have control over what I eat... so with me it's just about making the right choices but thats still hard with you being in holiday mode isn't it.

All we can do is try and make better choices but still enjoy ourselves and perhaps do lengths in the pool haha :)

Yep very hard being in holiday mode lol but we all still need to live, and holidays are for enjoyin but making sensible choices were we can will help and also some body magic and as long as we r 100% back on plan when we cum back :D

Drink loads of water, do lots of walking and swim! Apart from that don't stress about gaining a little on your hols, have fun and it'll soon come off when you get back on plan x

If I was lucky enough to be going away, which im not (green eyed monster lol), id drink whatever I fancied. as for food, every hotel I have stayed in abroad always caters for different tasts. theres normaly a cold salad section so at worst, you might only be able to choose salad and cold meat with a bit of pasta, but at least it will be low calorie.

Last year, before joinging sw, me and my dad went to benidorm all inclusive for a week and I had salad for every meal, most days there was some hot meat I could choose, but if not i had from the cold meats and I can tell you I put away some vodka whist I was on hol. When I came home id only put 5lb on, which might seem alot, but for the amount of alcohol consumed, was very good. Most importantly, enjoy yourself..If you put weight on, dont worry about it, you already know you can loose it and youv got to live after all

Enjoy your hol hun xx

Hi everyone

I also had to read the title twice! You will be fine in Turkey if you like meat and salad - the turkish food is delicious but stay away from the breads and oils. Have a wonderful time - wish I were going too!:cry:

At least the first 2-4lbs of a gain will be fluid which you should lose in a day or two of coming home. Are you All Inclusive? If so, eat plenty of fruit and yoghurts for breakie, meats and salads for lunch. Often they have fresh food cooked in the evening, like meats or fish. They're bound to be cooked in oil but it wont hurt you. Add loads of veg where you can too.
Cakes/pastries/bread/butter are the foods to be limited if you can manage it. My friend reckons alcohol is "non-sticky fat" therefore lost easily when you return to a normal eating plan.
Ultimately, you have worked hard all year to go on hols and you want to enjoy it, but there's nothing like that sinking feeling when you get back to find out the damage!! Maybe you could indulge at one meal a day, for example one pastry or muffin at breakfast or bread and butter with the evening meal. Drink plenty of water/squash through the day, save your alcohol for the evenings. And limit cocktails!!! I reckon that's where my holiday gain came from!!!
Have a fabulous time xx

Hi I live in Turkey and know that you will have plenty of choice when it comes to eating. Try and avoid Turkish Breads- they are so yummy but so fattening! Also Turkish love to cover their salads in olive oil so just ask for it without. All of the fruit at the moment is mouth watering so you will be filling up on that Im sure! Also be prepared for the heat- its a scorcher this year! Im hoping that the heat will help me 'sweat it out' lol!

At least the first 2-4lbs of a gain will be fluid which you should lose in a day or two of coming home. Are you All Inclusive? If so, eat plenty of fruit and yoghurts for breakie, meats and salads for lunch. Often they have fresh food cooked in the evening, like meats or fish. They're bound to be cooked in oil but it wont hurt you. Add loads of veg where you can too.
Cakes/pastries/bread/butter are the foods to be limited if you can manage it. My friend reckons alcohol is "non-sticky fat" therefore lost easily when you return to a normal eating plan.
Ultimately, you have worked hard all year to go on hols and you want to enjoy it, but there's nothing like that sinking feeling when you get back to find out the damage!! Maybe you could indulge at one meal a day, for example one pastry or muffin at breakfast or bread and butter with the evening meal. Drink plenty of water/squash through the day, save your alcohol for the evenings. And limit cocktails!!! I reckon that's where my holiday gain came from!!!
Have a fabulous time xx

thank u for ur advice :)xx

Hi I live in Turkey and know that you will have plenty of choice when it comes to eating. Try and avoid Turkish Breads- they are so yummy but so fattening! Also Turkish love to cover their salads in olive oil so just ask for it without. All of the fruit at the moment is mouth watering so you will be filling up on that Im sure! Also be prepared for the heat- its a scorcher this year! Im hoping that the heat will help me 'sweat it out' lol!

hey thank u :) aw is it really hot? bearable?lol xx

Back