Turkey Mince

gonabslim79

Any ideas what i could do with turkey mince?

Sounded like a good idea at the time!

Chilli, spag bol or burgers? I know - not very inspirational but that's all I can think of. Oh, shepherds pie?

I used turkey mince earlier to make burgers - just added an onion, an egg and some chili flakes (was nice!)

I use it all the time - just the same as beef mince, spag bol, chillis etc - i prefer the taste sometimes :)

I use it a lot, yesterday i made it into 2 meatloafs, all i do is add finely chopped mushrooms, onion and red peppers, some ground pepper, add an egg also a tsp of bovril and bind with a small egg. Pop into preheated oven at 160c for about 45 mins, its lovely and it does me twice, I have it with veg on a red day and couscous on an EE day. xxx

I also use it for meat loaf, but I also add cottage cheese & tinned chopped toms...lovely cold for a snack in the summer, but just as nice as part of a warm meal in the winter!!

Great Thanks guys. the burgers sound good. just got to convince my DB. xx

Make fajitas! :D

Thai style mince:
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 red pepper
1lb (450 g) mince (turkey or pork)
1/2 teaspoon chilli
175ml stock
2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 teaspoons of cornflour (2 syns but you can leave it out or halve it)
fresh basil leaves.

Fry the onion in frylight until golden
then add the pepper and garlic and cook for 4 mins
add mince and chilli powder until brown
add stock, bring to the boil and simmer
if using blend cornflour with a tablespoon of water and soy sauce
add to pan, season and add basil leaves.

This has been a real favourite and as it serves 4 is only 1/2 sin per portion with the cornflour. I like it will steamed broccoli and/or pak choi

Turkey Burgers

just mix a chopped red onion and 2 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce into your mince. Form into 6 burgers which makes them 1/2 syn each
YUM, YUM

Back