Turning Points

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by KatieKatie, 9 April 2011 Social URL.

1. KatieKatie

KatieKatie Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I've just had a bit of an epiphany, if you like, and had a strong word with myself after I realised that whenever my OH is at work or I'm home alone all I do is think about how much weight I have to lose and usually cry to myself for a few hours until my OH is due home, then I pull myself together and get on.

Realising that I don't remember a single day in the last two weeks that I haven't sat crying to myself has been my turning point where I've said 'enough is enough, something needs to be done.'

What was the turning point/event for all of you when you just said.. this is it?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Faxman

Faxman Full Member

Having just been told to lose weight by a rather straight-talking practice nurse, I am hoping that will prove a turning point for me. I knew I was a bit overweight, but I didn't really believe I was an unhealthy size.
  4. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weightwatchers Pro Points
    I remember being parked in a car park with my sister where we were going to look at clothes when I just started crying and said I was sick of being the size I was and she said "well, why don't you do something about it?" And, that was when I decided to do something about it - it was like I just realised that there was something I could do about it (mad!!). That was my epiphany moment!!
  5. big-girl

big-girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    calorie counting & healthy eating
    Not sure what my epiphany moment was or if I am still waiting to have one........:)

I have always known I was terribly unhealthy, overweight and none of it is very nice, but it is also my comfort zone - how ever much i hate it........so as you can see my brain has quite screwy thought processes, which is why i say i'm not sure if i have had, or ever will have, an epiphany moment BUT having said all that, i do know i don't want to die just yet and that is a very real reality at my size, i am totally unhealthy, unfit and struggle to do most everyday things now........

My daughter will be graduating from university in 2 years time and i don't want to embarass her.........not that she's ever been embarassed, but i wouldn't want to spoil anything for her - so that maybe a push in the right direction but not sure if its really an epiphany moment LOL
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.