Turning Points

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by spidey, 7 August 2011 Social URL.

1. spidey

spidey Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    ww
    What was your turning points to make you decide to lose weight?

A few years back, I developed a plantar fasciitis (heel spur)-a google search said excess weight was a primary cause. It's not a serious condition, but made me realise unless I did something about my weight I could get some serious health concerns in the future. I joined WW and lost 4 1/2 stone.

Recently 2 stone has crept back on, and the spur this time was on two separate occasions strangers have thought I'm pregnant (a lady in her 50s offered me a seat on the tube, and I'm sure that was her reasoning behind it!) and more recently a patient at the out patients clinic where I worked asked me if I'm pregnant. I'm not....I'm just FAT!

So that's it....back to WW!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. crazyfluffysparkles

crazyfluffysparkles Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.23%)
    I just realised that I am 25 and I can't remember a time when I looked in the mirror and didn't hate what I looked like or a time when I had any confidence. I am at the point now where I either take control and stop making excuses or I just accept that my fate is to be fat and miserable. I don't want to miss out on living! How I look stops me doing things I want to do and wearing things I want to wear. What I am missing out on just doesn't seem worth it for the food then guilt cycle.

4. pepshouse

pepshouse Full Member

Start Weight:
    144.97kg
    Current Weight:
    144.97kg
    Goal Weight:
    63.5kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    8hr diet
    Many many many turning points!! Being describe by someone as "...you know her she is this tall and this wide(arms outstretched as far as possible!)..."

Not having any photos of me! No not one!! Realisation that I am so big people laugh at me In The street! (happened a few times Obviously)!!

There are so many negatives to being overweight, and so many positives to being slimmer x good luck in your weight journey x

5. crazyfluffysparkles

crazyfluffysparkles Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.23%)
    Sounds so like me - I can't believe how badly I have treated my body. :( It is just crazy that at 25 I can't run up a full flight of stairs without being out of breath.

I have zero confidence and, even if I lose weight, I don't know if I will ever like what I look like. I worry that even if I get to a healthy weight I won't be able to handle it and will self sabotage. :eek:

6. pepshouse

pepshouse Full Member

Start Weight:
    144.97kg
    Current Weight:
    144.97kg
    Goal Weight:
    63.5kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    8hr diet
    Now now now!! Let's just take it slow one day at a time! You can and you will lose weight! Basically you will feel your confidence build as you do and hopefully you will be able to put two fingers up to this people who helped you to lose your confidence x

Come on be keen let's lode weight and feel great xxx

Think slim be slim x

7. JLStretton

JLStretton Choose Life.

Start Weight:
    34st4lb
    Current Weight:
    32st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(4.17%)
    Diet:
    Healthier eating - Exercise
    I used to be a heavy drinker and one night I started drinking and got really bad chest pains on my left hand side, I thought I was having a heart attack, so went Doctors and she did a ECG scan but came back OK, so we put it down to my acid reflux.

Was a scary time, and I don't want that feeling again for a fair few years to come yet.

8. JLStretton

JLStretton Choose Life.

Start Weight:
    34st4lb
    Current Weight:
    32st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(4.17%)
    Diet:
    Healthier eating - Exercise
    No need to feel like a idiot, we all have a reason for being big and a reason we want to lose weight, it's great to hear other people's woes and there battles to beat the bulge.

9. cokes

cokes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.77%)
    Diet:
    eating healthily
    Hi James

I just wanted to say WOW at your stats. You seem to be doing amazingly well.

My turning point was just as simple as buying the only dress that I could find in my size that didn't make me look like a sausage splitting. But really for me it was also a desire to change more than weight, I've been on medication for a while and blamed that for weight gain. I decided to give myself a kick up the backside and stop hiding behind excuses (the medication) and now I am still on medication which I probably will be for years, but I have started to make the change. I am a much more positive person and I have lost some weight.

Turning points are great its just a battle to keep it going, but thank heavens for Mini's to help us on our way

10. rugbykirsty87

rugbykirsty87 Never Give Up

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers & Happiness
    ive had many turning points that made me want to lose weight, but the final one, was when i realised I was 22 and wasnt getting any healthier. My PCOS symptoms just got worse and worse and had no existant periods. Once i started losing weight I realised there was no going back as I had never felt so healthy as I do now. Everything has been reversed and my hopes of having children one day have never been more higher then at present.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.