Twiggy's Diary

Twiggy

Is in the Zone
Hi all

I doubt anyone will remember me, but I've been a member of this forum a couple of times before ... stay for a few weeks and then give up and disappear.

Well I hope that I will be here for the long term this time ... I'm more motivated than I've ever been, and can actually feel that this will actually work!

I think in the past the amount of weight I have to lose has made me give up ... and giving myself unrealistic goals set me up to fail.

So this time, I'm hoping for an average of 1.5 weight loss per week ... and if I achieve that, this time next year I'll be 5.5 stones lighter ... still overweight but a helluva lot better than I am now :)

Anyway - I started 4 weeks ago and have lost 10lb's so far, so an average of 2.5 so far ... which is good I'm trying to bank as much as I can before I jet off to Vegas in a couple of weeks.

Anyway - I hope you to get to know you all a lot better ... and hope we can help support each other through!

Thanks
Twiggy
x

Last edited:
Hello, good luck with the restart! hope this is the time for you! :) Very jealous of Vegas too! :D

Thanks Jen.

Well done on your 44lb loss ... you should be really proud of yourself!

Am sooooo looking forward to Vegas it isn't true! :)

T
xx

Diary - March 09

Hi all

Feeling back on track after my holiday ... just a shame it's taken me a couple of weeks to get back on track, but at least I'm here now :)

Have lost a total of 8lbs so far, which is an averagle of 0.8lb a week, so a bit to catch up on over the next few weeks to get back to the 1.5 per week. But at least I didn't 'lose' my silver 7 while on my holiday - only put on 2lbs actually which is a miracle for me!!

I've just had lunch (Jacket and beans with D-coke) and still feel hungry, so taking my mind off of popping downstairs to the cafe to buy a mint aero mmmmmmm

I think this is the longest time for ages that I've been commited to the diet, and I think possibly the only time when I can actually see me doing it - even though it will take a while :)

Have only had 10 points today so far, so have 18 left for dinner!!!! Going to save 4 for Vodka tomorrow night, so 14 for dinner. DH is making a Chilli (6pts) so will have the rest of the points on Caesar Salad instead of rice with the chilli, and a low fat trifle - yummy!

Now just got to get through the next few boring hours at work - just can't get into the work mood today :(

Twiggy
xx

Was perfect yesterday - first 100% since back from my holiday :)

On a course all day today, but the instructor is known for bringing big bags of bitesize chocolates to spread round all day .... just have to remember - +1 chocolate = -1 Vodka.

Hope everyone has a good day :)

Twiggy
x

hey Twig, just thought i would mention that you might feel fuller if you have rice or other carbohydrates with your meals - could be why you're feeling hungry?

did you survive your course? what was it on? x

hi Twiggy
Your doing great especially as u have had a holiday as well (everyone usually puts on when on hol - especially VEGAS I'm jelous)

I'm a slow loser avg loss for me is half a pound a week sometimes less and although it can be frustrating am told its best way to lose as the slower it comes off the longer it stays off!

See ur tipple is vodka - mine too and suffering this morn as went to party last night and had one too many (one too many who am i trying to kid) so feeling very delicate this morn?

Are you part of a team on WW?

x

Great loss 10ib in a month and only 2 back on from your hols, I hope I can be as determined as you. xx

I'm impressed!! 10lbs in 4 weeks, you should be v.pleased with yourself!! My friend just back from vegas at her sister in laws wedding, she said it was amazing. Would love to go someday!! x

hey Twig, just thought i would mention that you might feel fuller if you have rice or other carbohydrates with your meals - could be why you're feeling hungry?

did you survive your course? what was it on? x

Hi

I do usually have carbs - but love the cold lettuce with the hot chilli ;)

The course was on Line Management. Was doing good until one of the people bought a plate of cakes in she'd bought off the Comic Relief stall downstairs.

So not perfect -but better than I would have been in the past :)

T

hi Twiggy
Your doing great especially as u have had a holiday as well (everyone usually puts on when on hol - especially VEGAS I'm jelous)

I'm a slow loser avg loss for me is half a pound a week sometimes less and although it can be frustrating am told its best way to lose as the slower it comes off the longer it stays off!

See ur tipple is vodka - mine too and suffering this morn as went to party last night and had one too many (one too many who am i trying to kid) so feeling very delicate this morn?

Are you part of a team on WW?

x

Hi Tracy

Yes Vodka is my tipple - Smirnoff Red has less points than the others :) - but still managed to have 7.5 points worth last night DOH.

No not part of a WW team - will have to look into that :)

1/2 a week is good - and as you say it'll mean it stays off :)

Twigs

Hi

I do usually have carbs - but love the cold lettuce with the hot chilli ;)

The course was on Line Management. Was doing good until one of the people bought a plate of cakes in she'd bought off the Comic Relief stall downstairs.

So not perfect -but better than I would have been in the past :)

T

its forgiveable.. the cakes were for charity! :p

you upto anything exciting today? x

its forgiveable.. the cakes were for charity! :p

you upto anything exciting today? x

Exactly - I was helping the charity!

Today went to La Tasca for lunch - 18 points worth - which was well worth it - love La Tasca.

Just catching up with housework for the rest of the day - nothing exciting really.

What about you??

La Tasca... i've heard of that somewhere.. think it was IreneH talking about it when we met up for lunch actually.. is it the place where you order lots of little plates of loads of different things?

and i would say same, if i can drag myself off this laptop :p

Well I had 40 points yesterday!!! OOPS! I had only managed to save 4 points and have 28 per day so have to make up 8 points.

Oh no - forgot to point the cake I had for comic relief too ... so probably another 4.

Luckily I get weighed on wednesday night, so providing I save 4 a day I should be fine - which should be easy enough.

Tomorrow we're going to make Jamie Oliver's beef and ale stew for lunch and have it with mashed pots - so it's lower than my usual sunday roast :)

Might do some exercise today too ... no I WILL do some exercise today :)

Hope everyone's have a great day!

Twigs
x

you'll easy pull it back.. and 24 points if you plan ahead is easy enough to manage with each day.

good luck with the exercise! x

Jamie's stew sounds yummy:) How many points is in one serving? Would you like to share the recipe with us in recipe thread?:)
Enjoy your exercises:)

La Tasca... i've heard of that somewhere.. think it was IreneH talking about it when we met up for lunch actually.. is it the place where you order lots of little plates of loads of different things?

Yep that's the place - perfect, if like me, you like to have a lot of different tastes in one meal ... and their meatballs are to die for :)

is their food in the eating out guide then??

Back