Twinkabelle's World

Well done Twinks. Your OH sounds lovely. Half a stone down and in the next scales category to boot. Great stuff!

Thank you x I am really chuffed xx it actually feels like I can do it this time around x it would have taken me 18 weeks on weight watchers to lose what I have this week and to be fair I've loved the sense of freedom from normal food x

Starting week 2 x measured myself and all over I've lost 4 inches!!!

Have a meeting at work today with lots of food about do have my last lemon bar with me x delivery due today!

Have my 3 lts of water ready so I can see how much I'm getting through x

Right off i go x

Hey twiks... just had a read of your diary.

Congrats on the weight loss that is AMAZING!!!! And 4 inches... check you out :)

You sound like you're getting on so well :) And your OH giving you £1000 is amazing. Going shopping for a new wardrobe is so so much fun! My mum and I lost alot of weight last year and did that... unfortunately they're all a bit tight for me now hence why I'm back.. so hoping to get to do it all again just 2 sizes smaller!

Good luck for today and let us know how you get on :) xxxx

Big congrats on an excellent first week, so we are both in the 15s now. Lets stick together and blitz right through them!!!

So happy for you! and that £1000 cheque is yours for the taking! xxx

Thank you x I am really chuffed xx it actually feels like I can do it this time around x it would have taken me 18 weeks on weight watchers to lose what I have this week and to be fair I've loved the sense of freedom from normal food x

Brilliant result Twink! It works and you are proof of that! Keep up the great work and I hear you on the 'freedom' from food. That's the best bit for me, no thinking about you-know-what for now. I know this break from real food isn't permanent but boy, is it great respite care!

Well i NEARLY kicked my self out of ketosis yesterday, i teetered along the edge and just managed to pull myself back.....

I had a bar early on in the day in a meeting as there was so much yummy food about, hot buttered toast etc the works, im sure you get how tough it was not to drool everywhere and also not to drive head first into it all......

then on the way home i got stuck in traffic on the motorway and had to sit for 45 mins hardly moving! and i got bored , my son kept offering me bit of food and i nearly caved, but decided to have a food pack instead, and had a second bar without thinking about having already had my first one! ( i keep a stash of all the products in my car as i dont always know what time ill be home etc)

When i got home i wrote in my diary which products i had as i always do and realised what i had done! i drank loads of water and made sure i had 2 shakes the rest of the day rather than chicken etc.......

Woke up this morning and i noticed straight away the taste in my mouth was different/ normal now :( and was gutted as i knew it mean ketosis was out!
I went down to the kitchen and drank a pint of water and within an hour or so the metallic taste started to come back!!!!! yayayayayayayayayay:D

was so so so so so pleased! as ive worked really hard and even sat with my OH as he had a pizza last night and i had my crispy shake, to be fair he was going to eat it outside in the garden lol bless him.........

The first couple of days I had two bars as I felt so sick - its better to have another bar than to cave and eat food

Yes definitely better to have 2 bars than something else and unless you're quite sensitive 2 of the S&S bars (that are smaller and lower in carbs than most other MRP bars) shouldn't knock you out of ketosis. I think though that as there is no liquid with them they can make you feel quite hungry if you don't glug lots of liquid at the same time (not easy or practical when stuck in traffic for obvious reasons! :)).

And also remember that if you do kick yourself out of ketosis it's much easier and quicker to get back in if you get back on track straightaway rather than thinking sod it and hitting the carbs in a big way. I absolutely breezed back in after my office Xmas meal when I carbed up in the morning and then went for the alcohol in the evening. Even slightly hungover the next day I was straight back on track and had no 'getting into ketosis' symptoms at all.

Well done Twink, and I take BGs advice to heart on having an extra pack or a second bar in emergencies! I've passed it on to newbies that I work with who are all, or nearly all beginning tomorrow, our first day of the working week. The only way I know that I have to be in ketosis is the fact that I'm 100% sticking to plan and the so called feeling of 'euphoria'. I don't have any particular taste in my mouth, but I do get waves of well-being every so often, I'll take those!

Hi Giza ,

I do have the oddest taste on my mouth , apparently my breath is fine though,

The taste to me is so strong! It came on my second day and I'd with me all the time except my little hiccup x

I haven't had the mass of energy but do get moments of feeling great!

My OH noticed because I sing when I'm pottering around the house when I'm happy and I suddenly burst into song at points through out the day lol x xfactor I think not lol x

Ok bit of an update x been a busy few days x

I'm now on day 10 and did sneaky peak at the scaled and I'm down town other 2lb but will wait till Wednesday early eve for my official weigh-in before I celebrate too much?

Been told I can take my first tae kwon do belt in a months time and I'm very pleased and I can do lots of training at home so hope that helps with toning and weight losses,

Food wise I'm having weird dreams, I dream about mushroom ravioli and chicken salad baguettes lol, I'm staying strong but def gonna have those things when I have my break weekend in 8 weeks time lol

My OH is being fantastic he cooks for himself and the kids a lot and airs the kitchen out so the foody smells don't linger and tease me x he also got us out of a weekend with the inlaws in a cottage for a weekend lol x I haven't told anyone other than my man that I'm doing this x not for any reason in partic , it's just for me right now x

Just had my choc truffa bar which is super yum and I've had 2ltrs of water already today but need with going to TKD x

Off out to help the boys spend their pocket money now..... My jeans are getting baggy!!! Woo hoo x?

Well Done sounds like you are going great guns!! xx

Must remember when I get to goal that I have to keep drinking lots of water x it's the first thing I stop doing.... So far today I've had 2.5 ltrs and it really helps to stop me snacking x

Also keeping busy helps so much x I've done all my jobs for the next few days x ironing x hoovering x cooking dinners to freeze for the family during the week x cleaned the kitchen inc the oven ! Helped the kids with home work x Wales the dog x changed the bed clothes x washed all pots dried and put away even after cooking ?

Now I'm going to have to find new jobs to keep me busy during the week lol x someone did suggest jigsaws and dog walking to fill my time x lol but we shall see x

Must remember when I get to goal that I have to keep drinking lots of water x it's the first thing I stop doing.... So far today I've had 2.5 ltrs and it really helps to stop me snacking x

Also keeping busy helps so much x I've done all my jobs for the next few days x ironing x hoovering x cooking dinners to freeze for the family during the week x cleaned the kitchen inc the oven ! Helped the kids with home work x Wales the dog x changed the bed clothes x washed all pots dried and put away even after cooking ?

Now I'm going to have to find new jobs to keep me busy during the week lol x someone did suggest jigsaws and dog walking to fill my time x lol but we shall see x

I'm worn out just reading this Twinks! Seriously, it is important to stay busy!

Wow twinks, what a busy day. I've amused myself with internet shopping and spending lots of money I probably shouldn't :D

BordersGirl said:
Wow twinks, what a busy day. I've amused myself with internet shopping and spending lots of money I probably shouldn't :D

Hope that's all new clothes???

I just find sitting around that I wanna eat and eat x so keeping busy helps a lot x ESP in this toughest period of time x

Busy morn at work today so that's been great x

Only 50 hrs till weigh time ? can't wait to see what the scales say x feeling great though which is half the battle x

Back