Twinkabelle's World

Yep, it's mostly new clothes :). Internet shopping for slimmer clothes is a distraction from thinking about food at the weekend!

And also remember that if you do kick yourself out of ketosis it's much easier and quicker to get back in if you get back on track straightaway rather than thinking sod it and hitting the carbs in a big way. had no 'getting into ketosis' symptoms at all

This is very reassuring BG. I think I am probably ok, after yesterday's sudden reintroduction of 'permitted' foods, I don't feel I'm out of ketosis at all, so it's good to know that if I am out, I can get back in again, without too much trauma. I know we all react differently, but still good to know of your experience! :D

Hi all not been active over the last few days been sooooo busy at work x still sticking with it x 49 hrs and counting down till weigh in ? i can see now why wk 3 is such a xx@!?%#*EUR$*EUREUR<||]}#EUR$ ? I've struggled this last 2 days but I have remained strong x keep focusing on how great being slim is gonna feel! Xxx

well thats week 2 out the way :)

and def in week 3 now, though the last 2 days of week 2 felt hard,

im seriously dreaming of food every night :( and i dont like it,

but it goes to show how much it was on my mind before.... doh! but i am learning to ignore these feelings when i get stresses and would usually turn to the choccy tin at home... which i think is great! as this is the kinda skill im going to need when i get to goal, and im also getting it into my head that this is a life long thing and not just a few weeks, of course ill up my food but ill be on SS products my whole life i feel, and thats not a bad thing i love 'em!

i def feel that when i get to goal that monday to fri i needs to have at least 2 of meals to be SS, and then a low fat option in the evening, and the weekends being just sat and sunday! where i can have a few treats etc x

i am so pleased to be 13lb lighter, i can def feel it, ill measure myself tonight and update tomorrow but the new trousers i had to buy to go to work in come january in a size 20 are now fairly loose and i can feel my tummy getting tighter :)

I love SS :)

I think you put your finger on it Twink. It's one thing to have the cravings, dreams about food and bad weeks but when you see the results of all this, feel it in your body and in what you can wear, it balances all the bad days out - and then some. Keep going, that's a fab result!

My tum is lots better too! and my arms actually look firmer in a way! Which is great! I am week 3 too, finding it ok, having same food cravings and to be honest feeling hungry today and yesterday which is weird, but I am ok. Plodding along.

Week 3 is generally a difficult time. The euphoria of getting into ketosis and generally feeling better in week 2 starts to wear off and the losses in week 3 can be challenging and losses are likely to stabilise around week 3 after what is usually a couple of fantastic weeks in weeks 1 and 2. You just have to keep plugging away though and the pounds will drop. It's just a mindset.

Week 3 is generally a difficult time. The euphoria of getting into ketosis and generally feeling better in week 2 starts to wear off and the losses in week 3 can be challenging and losses are likely to stabilise around week 3 after what is usually a couple of fantastic weeks in weeks 1 and 2. You just have to keep plugging away though and the pounds will drop. It's just a mindset.

thanks for letting me know that is normal x the ketosis ia still there but the taste in my mouth is not as pronounced as it was in the begining but def still there and my loss this week reflects that so im happy x

argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

today is so bl@@dy stressful at work!!!!!!

i have a dairy where i write down my stressy thoughts so save me eating my emotions lol , but right now it just 'aint helping!

i wanna eat!!!!!!!!!

no i dont i want to be slim but the urge to eat is so strong!

i wont give up! im here for the long haul x

just unloading really xx

Bit late to react Twink, I really hope you managed through it. I know you've heard this before, but fizzy water or Coke Zero might just pull you through moments like this, or like BG says (we should have a thread, 'The Words of BG'!!) if you're going to crack, have another pack!!

Hope you resisted the urges today. The thing is, we will all get them, and they don't go, but it's getting used to not using food as the comfort, or the distraction from stress. I totally see now I used it as comfort and company! When I was stressed!

You will be fine, keep reminding yourself of it. And you're in it for the long haul, just bear in mind it would be an evening longer haul if it were a conventional diet, and if you were to give in to the urges!

Keep going twinks!

Hope you're ok twinks - it's hard sometimes but you can do it! xx

Hi all, I managed to stay strong x i made me see that I came work through the stress rather than eat through it x

I really appreciate your support ladies xx

It also helped to unload on here x

So I'm all good and totally relaxed after a lovely hot bubble bath ? and still totally on plan x

Every day I think I'm going to crack!!! And I have more water or if I have one to hand a coke zero. And it does help!! Another BG saying. Nothing tastes as good as slim feels!!!! Xxx

Half way through week 3, the snow is beautiful but as its 6 inches deep and starting to freeze we are having a snuggle up and watch films day - we did manage a few hours playing outside - the fact my big winter coat wouldnt fit me properly has really spurred me on ? though OH has said how much weight has gone from my face! Always a good thing x so I'm drinking water like a good girl whilst they munch on goodies and I'm feeling like shining my halo again ?

Going for a lovely hot bath then on to the next film and a lovely shake xxx

Hope everyone is coping with the snowy day x

Glad you're having a good day. We have no snow here to contend with, it's just bright and sunny (if cold).

I was in all day yesterday and looked out the window at midnight and saw we had had snow! Funny that I didn't notice! Well done you on not munching when film watching, I know thats a trigger for me.

week 3 is in the bag! and im so glad its over, i have found it tough, its not so new and exciting now, but i am here for the long haul and plan to go on hols in july at goal or very close to it, and to get married on new years eve looking like a gorgeous princess x

so i weighed in a day early as i am working all day until 10 pm today and i weigh in at 4.30 pm, so thought i would do it last night and ive lost another 3lb! thats 16 in 3 weeks and i am very pleased, i knew the weight losses would slow down but as long as i can keep going at around2.5-3.5 a week then i will be over the moon.....

people have started to notice, my OH siad i had lost alot from around my face, so thats def good lol and my work uniform which is a size 22 (its like a beauticians tunic) is starting to look big :) and i can take of my trousers without undoing them lol always a bonus! haha

this has spurred me on...

i have been trying to keep this away from my kids as i dont want them to know i have had to resort to doing things this way, however even they have noticed that im ""getting smaller"" so my youngest has started to make me a chart which he stuck to the back of our kitchen door and he is going to colour in every pund i have lost....

very sweet xxx so i have had to talk to them both about healthy eating, not being greedy when you find a food you like, treats etc and most importantly being active!

hopefully this will then benefit them rather than give them food issues :)

anyways i have made week 3 and on to week 4!

Wow well done! I lost 16 in three weeks too! That's great for dreaded week 3 too! Keep it up!!! It's great when people start noticing isn't it! xxx

Back