Twinkabelle's World

twinkabelle

Thought I would start this to help with my emotional eating triggers, hope I posted it in the diary section apologies if not x

Me : I'm 34 I have 2 boys aged 6.5 and 5, i work 30 hrs a week in a busy chiropractic clinic, .......oh yes and I'm getting married on New Years Eve this year! I have 84 to lose so u can take my mans breath away when he turns to see me walking towards him down the aisle x

I began my ss journey on Wednesday but have only just plucked up the courage to post anything

I was set for a rough first few days but it hasn't been too bad as I didn't drink a lot of caffeinated drinks before hand , I do love my carbs and snacky foods though and miss them a great deal so it's been more habit breaking tough for me with a little light headedness but more cravings than anything else x nearly in ketosis starting to feel it take hold x

I am a terrible emotional eater, a little tiff with OH and i eat , kids playing up and I eat, but stressy at work I eat ...... I'm sure I'm not alone and I think you get the picture - so that's why I'm here , to pour out my heart whether that's happy or sad and to document this epic time in my life! It will be an honest very open account and as soon as I can I'll add pics etc

Raising a crispy chic shake to the wonderful journey a head x

Twink x

Right now the boys are fed I can make my first entry x

I've just had a pint of water and a cup of green tea - which I am getting used to now- I'm trying to decide which shake to have for brekkie, I make mine with lots of ice and my smoothie 2 go - there are lots of blenders out there, just in case anyone gets upset with name dropping- its just this is the one I have and I think it's fab, thick frothy massive shakes that so far have left me feeling full and happy x s2g also has the added benefit of having the drink cup on so less washing up !!!!!

I'm sitting here mulling over my weight gains and losses to come : ), I think I'm addicted to the act of eating itself not the actual food , I like sweet stuff, savoury stuff, snacky things, big meals, basically anything lol, but I've made it the last few days on 3 packs plus a little chicken and veggies when eat with the family so I know I can do it! I know it will get tough at times but the thoughts of buying my wed dress really help keep me in check at the moment, I like not having to think about " normal" food as such, I really enjoy the packs - yep even the cottage pie lol- the crispy shakes are soooooo yummy and are my evening treat after the kids have gone to bed :)

Right have decided on a strawberry shake so off to enjoy x here we go day 5!

Hi therer - totally with u on the snacking front. That's still what I battle every day 9 days in and fully in ketosis but not gone away yet!! This forum really really helps when u feel like caving!

I like the sound of the smoothies machine how does that work? I have a blender but ice might break the blades?
Good luck with your progress! xx

Hi scotbean ,

The s2g is a blender where you can add ice and all your stuff in a plastic mug, add the cap on which had the blade attached click onto the base and set it going, when you are done you can take the cap off and drink straight from the plastic mug or you can add a different cap on which doesn't have a blade and it's an airtight drink carrier x you can get em in Argos and such places x
The ice really does help to make the shakes lovely !

I'm really hoping to lose my food addictions with this but I know it will take time and come back very quickly if left unchecked x

Last edited:
Arghhhhhhh OH and boys having bacon and egg sarnies x im going out for a walk! Can't cope with yummy smells like that x lol x
I can do this! I will do this ! I deserve to be slim and happy !!!!!!!!!!

The urge to snack definitely takes a while to go but it does subside eventually. When I first started the diet I was shocked at the number of times I absent mindedly looked in the cupboard or fridge to see what I could have before I remembered that I was on a VLCD and couldn't have any of it. I wasn't even hungry, it was just habit! Pre diet I would have found something I wanted to eat whether I was hungry or not and it becomes a vicious cycle. I don't do it now as my head has got used to not doing it but I can see it being a constant battle when I finish the diet and am maintaining. I guess none of us would be here if we didn't have food issues in some way.

It's very easy to use stress as a trigger to snack on carbs and things that make us feel better but when you're on this sort of diet it actually only makes things worse as after eating you'll feel really bad that you did so and feel worse not better. You probably need to deal with your stress in other ways. Many of us find coming on this forum a great distraction so after a little tiff with the OH come on here and record in your diary that you want to kill him and eat cake ;) and the food cravings should pass.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. Your goal is very achievable, you just need to make it happen and feel amazing on your wedding day. Think of those photos being taken and how delighted you will be for people to look at them because you felt amazing and that should spur you on. Lots of people take measurements and photos to measure their progress against so it's not all about the scales. How you look and feel is more important than what the scales tell you. xx

Good luck Twink - this process changes you, how you react to food and where you look for your treats. Take it a day at a time, you can do it! I also think it's important to tell it like it is, warts and all! Someone else will have been there - or have a helpful suggestion. This is an amazing forum for that!

Good luck, you aren't alone with the snacking urges, my OH has got some lovely food right now, sat right next to me munching away, before this diet started I would hae just gone in the kitchen to have something for the sake of 'not missing out'. Now I just think I don't need it and that behaviour has got me nowhere! Keep it up and just come on here and rant when you feel stressed! xx

That's a good outlook on food tarateal I can't wait to get there x I did sulk a little whilst out on my walk lol silly really as its a beautiful cold bright day here and I walked through local woods for 2 hrs with my dog and know that's way better for me x I did text the OH to make sure he aired the house out for when i got home lol x

Just getting my second pack ready x having chilli and mushrooms. Feeling pretty good in myself right now ? my halo is shining xx

Hi Giza,

I'm sure you are right, this really does make you see how much you just mindlessly ate before , 6/7 times today I found myself hanging out in the kitchen for no good reason lol x before I would have been picking at the kids treats but not now! I'm a girl on a mission lol x

Oh my gosh 5 mins to kids bedtime!!!!! It's going so slowly and they are bring real little pests xxxx roll on 30 mins then its my last shake time !!!!!

he only way I can through cooking for the kids is to chop my bar up really thin and eat it a piece at a time! Having something sweet in my mouth means I don't want to pick up their food and eat it!

That's a great tip thanks x

Well they are all tucked up in bed and all I can say I'd yum yum yum caramel shake it was delicious x

Happy me again x

before this diet started I would hae just gone in the kitchen to have something for the sake of 'not missing out'.

That was me too! OH would get something to scoff and then I would follow suit whether I was hungry or not!

That was me too! OH would get something to scoff and then I would follow suit whether I was hungry or not!

Yeah I've noticed we both do it. Today I made my oatmeal cookie and he went to the fridge. But I have always had that from a young age. I was not really an overweight child but I was greedy. If my mum was dishing out dinner I would want the biggest plate, even though I am the oldest of my sisters and would get a bigger portion anyway I always wanted to make sure!

Its followed me through adult life too. If me and my friends have DVD nights we would often get some food to nibble on. I would always make sure we shared it equally, I didn't like it if someone had more of something than me. I don't know where this came from but it always stems from the 'missing out' feeling. This is why when my OH had something I wanted something. We would go for a meal, only one course but it would fill me up, and then often to the cinema afterward, he would get something sweet to eat, or nachos, and even though I was full, and didn't really need anything I would grab a bag of buttons or something! Just for the sake of it.

Well my cinema visit yesterday felt quite liberating in a way, I just took my Dr pepper zero and a lemon bar and was fine. Wasn't even tempted.

This is the behaviour I hope doing the VLCD will help me break! xx

I did exactly the same when my OH took me out to the cinema on fri night it was a last min thing so thank goodness I had a couple of lemon bars x a real life saver x

OH had huge box of popcorn but it didn't bother me at all xxx

Get us lol x

Me either, I thought I was stuck in this vicious cycle, but I am now starting to see that it can be changed. I never thought I could do a week without my fave food, but I have and I am going into day 10 tomorrow! This is the longest I have stuck to any weight loss programme 100% in my life! xx

well its monday morning and i survived my first weekend, im feeling very good about that as i did think it would be the hardest time,
during the week im up early and start work at 7.45am ( plus i live 20 mmiles away from work) but at the weekend like a lot of people I am home with the family for all meals!
OH is fairly supportive, we did have words about the bacon sarnies lol, and tried to get him on board for a heathier lifestyle..... seems to have worked... instead of chocolates and sweets whilst watching sunday night films, he had a bowl of shredded wheat :)..... def not jealous over that lol x lol x

so here we go the last part of my slimming week, weighing ion on wednesday morning , cant wait!

Back