two questions

Willow

firstly, can you chew gum on sole source?

I thought you could, but cdc told me yesterday it can knock you out due to the menthol, as it acts like alcohol. I've been chewing gum left right and centre and been doing ok.

Also (i just started with a new cdc) my cdc charged my a £7 registration fee yesterday. And whilst she is a million time better, more professinal and nicer, I didn't pay this before and I want to find out whether this is a done thing or not?

firstly, can you chew gum on sole source?

I thought you could, but cdc told me yesterday it can knock you out due to the menthol, as it acts like alcohol. I've been chewing gum left right and centre and been doing ok.

I chew Trident sugar free gum all the time and it hasn't takn me out of ketosis at all.

Also (i just started with a new cdc) my cdc charged my a £7 registration fee yesterday. And whilst she is a million time better, more professinal and nicer, I didn't pay this before and I want to find out whether this is a done thing or not?

My CDC dosn't charge anything I just pay for my sachets, costs me £34.65 a week (21 sachets)

No, I don't pay either!

I have chewed gum (sugar free) since day 1 and am now on Day 30 and have lost 32 pounds in four weeks on CD Sole Source.

I had to do something when I couldn't stand my manky mouth any longer!!

I don't pay either... i've never heared of this.

I have heard of a few cdc charging for wi.
I only pay for whatever soups/shakes/bars I want.

Nope, i never paid either apart from my shakes etc!
I occaisionally chew sugerfree gum and it has never thrown me out of ketosis yet.:rolleyes:

Nope, never paid to see CDC or LLC - only ever paid for food packs and things like water flavourings etc.

never paid to see my CDC, just for the products. In regards to chewing gum, I think the official line is to avoid it as the saliva going into your stomach can cause hunger. If it's just for the "death breath" then you can use the breath freshener strips or a breath spray.

Same here, never paid for anything other than the food packs. Not a gum chewer but think it is to do with it making you hungry.

Georgie
x

I've never heard of menthol acting like alcohol??! I'm not sure i'd believe that. The problem with chewing gum is that it can make you hungry - because you're chewing, the brain sends signals to the stomach to expect food; your stomach starts contracting and producing gastric acids in preparation, and, because food never comes, this can leave you feeling hungry. The best option is breath strips or mouth spray, but if you've been chewing gum without it making you more hungry then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I have heard of cdcs charging an admin fee, although it's not something that we're 'advised' to do as such, and i've only ever charged for the packs. Seeing a client for the first time does generally take longer than subsequent visits (due to form filling, going over the diet, etc), and the books cost us money too (so some cdcs charge for them, although, again, I don't). I expect that you already had the books and understood the diet, though?!
If the admin fee's a one off, then I guess it's done now. If it's going to be charged every week though, then I suppose it's up to you whether or not you're willing to pay it.

Jo x

I am thinking re: the admin fee that I might clarify what it was for.

My cdc didn't need to go through the diet, as obviously I already knew about it (although did offer to do it again) and I didn't need the booklets as I have them still from before. £7 seems like quite a hefty admin fee on top of paying the near £40 for a weeks supply.

I think it was only a one off surprise but it took my by surprise, as I hadn't heard about it before, or been advised either on the phone. I felt a little taken advantage of.

I'm defo going to keep chewing the gum then, OH does not like "cambridge breath".

Ohhh don't get me started!!!!
I was paying £10 for every "consultation" and then my CDC was charging £2.50 for CDC bar. Everyweek i was told to just to the same as I was doing - derrrrrr!!! I understand that they can mark products up but each week i was nearly paying £60!!!
I have sinced changed CDC and now just pay £25.50 for 21 CDC sachets and she is LOVELY!

Hope that gives you a steer

S xxx

Ohhh don't get me started!!!!
I was paying £10 for every "consultation" and then my CDC was charging £2.50 for CDC bar. Everyweek i was told to just to the same as I was doing - derrrrrr!!! I understand that they can mark products up but each week i was nearly paying £60!!!
I have sinced changed CDC and now just pay £25.50 for 21 CDC sachets and she is LOVELY!

Hope that gives you a steer

S xxx
God!! Thats awful! I have a lovely CDC and pay about £30 per week for my shakes which is a lot less then buying all the junk I used to!

Hi all

I am seeing my CDC for the first time on Monday. I was told the joining fee was £20, but now that 2 of my family members have joined me she's reduced it to £15 per person. I thought this was normal. I'm now worried that it's not a joining fee at all, but a weekly fee. Oh well I'll find out on Monday I guess

L

That makes my £7 seem really insignificant.

I personally think thats a little bit of a con, since its not adivsed by cambridge and its not charges by everyone, no?

OK just to put the official guidance on this.

All Cambridge counsellors are independent of the company and work for themselves and hence can charge what they wish for the products and services they offer.

We are all bound by a code of conduct of course and have to meet certain promises in terms of how we supply the diet etc etc.

Anyway some counsellors therefore can charge extra fees for services and also above the RRP for the packs.

The sachet packs RRP are £1.65 per sachet but counsellors can if they wish charge more.

Ultimately though you the dieters will decide, if you aren't happy with paying extra from one counsellor then they are now 1200 or more of us around the country so call 0800 161412 and ask for your local counsellors and then make a move if you aren't happy.

Remember always to ask for what you are getting for your money, some counsellors do only offer a pick up service and little else while others will be more than willing to spend time with you and talk through the diet in detail and also more importantly how to keep the weight off.

Whatever you decide to do you are the most important and it is the final result for you that matters.

Mike

I do not charge for any services or my time whatsoever and only charge the RRP for products.

I echo Mike's words totally and in particular ...

Ultimately though you the dieters will decide, if you aren't happy with paying extra from one counsellor then they are now 1200 or more of us around the country so call 0800 161412 and ask for your local counsellors and then make a move if you aren't happy.

Remember always to ask for what you are getting for your money, some counsellors do only offer a pick up service and little else while others will be more than willing to spend time with you and talk through the diet in detail and also more importantly how to keep the weight off.

Mike

Back