Two tablespoons of lettuce!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by helgaw99, 25 November 2008 Social URL.

1. helgaw99

helgaw99 Member

Hi all,

I am in the process of introducing SS+ for a while as was getting exhausted with just SS.

My question- how do you measure two tablespoons of lettuce- has anyone tried to pick up a tablespoon of lettuce- all you get is a few leaves and then it all falls off! I have basically been doing two handfuls of lettuce leaves- is this too much? Any idea of a weight maybe? Is it going to do any harm to have a few more rocket leaves then officially allowed?

My CDC also said it was ok to buy Tesco fresh chicken breast with chicken tikka flavour- does everyone else think its ok? Seems to be only 5 more calories than skinless fresh cooked chicken breast.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. helgaw99

helgaw99 Member

Shameless bump
  4. Nibbles

Nibbles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    The one part of the CD that i do not like, are these ambiguous quantities. Handfuls, spoonfuls.
    I would much prefer weights for the vegetables,
    (although salad is a bit tricky to weigh), just like the amounts which are given for the meats, fish, rice, pasta etc.

I just shove a few leaves of lettuce & rocket on a plate and enjoy. Probably eat far too much salad, but oh well, the weight is still slipping away.
  5. upsy-daisy

upsy-daisy Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hiya. I started ss+ 2day and I has the same problem trying 2 work out 2 tablespoons of cucumber! Ive already messed up as I used normal cottage cheese for my protein option instead of reduced fat! So am already over on my calories on day 1!
    I cant see how an xtra lettuce leaf will do any harm or surely they would be more specific with the weight like they are with the proteins.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.