Two weeks

There's lots of great advice been given already.

The one thing that has really REALLY helped me this time ...... us the Beck Solution.

It's a book you can get on Amazing, that deals with the mental side of diets. I am a serial deter, and over the last 10years have been on and off diets for only days at a time. This time - I've sorted my head out - and it seems to have 'clicked'.

The book is easy to read - at 7pound or so - its worth a try!

Having been a serial binge eater for most of my life i can understand your frustrations. May not be something you're willing to do but have you thought about having councelling for your binge eating? There's obviously something psychological that triggers it. You have to be in the right head space to do any diet & i've found that councelling really has helped me deal with my issues with food. Maybe it could help you too? *hugs* xx

I can relate to the perfect planning and perfection for 2 weeks and then falling into a binge. It had never occurred to me to go ahead and seek counselling for it but I might take it into consideration. I get all enthusiastic for the first 2 weeks and then "treat" myself for my hard work. :break_diet:
I can't believe how much this must be slowing down my weight loss I could reach goal at least 33% faster if I didn't do this so finding the solution would be a dream for me.
Very interesting thread

It had never occurred to me to go ahead and seek counselling for it but I might take it into consideration
It may not be for everyone but i'd recommend giving it a go as its really helped me to sort out my issues with food. xx

You know something we all realised how much crap we were eating when I bagged up treats for everyone, I was so fed up with them arguing about who had eaten the kitkats/crisps whatever, so I bagged up a daily bag for everyone, even after I'd bagged 2 biscuits (kitkat/twix/penguin) and a bag of crisps, there was still loads leftover out of what I'd buy every week. Do you know something else, they didn't fancy them when they were bagged! Why not do the same with the stuff coming into your house for your siblings? If everything is shared and named (You can have a low syn version of the same curly wurly/velvet crunch or whatever) bag it tag it and date it!

Back