Type 2 ...

Zafi

After being with a sucky Dr for 6yrs (who told me everything was fine wen it wasnt!! grr. had 2 kids .. 2nd pregnany I had GD and had to inject).. we moved house in November and she refused to be our GP HOORAY! Id tried to get away from her many a time but we was in the wrong catchment bah!
Anyway... got new Dr in January... and within 2 weeks he had me diagnosed with type2... my inital Fasting levels were 21 ! and after 3 months on metformin (4 x500g a day) my next fasting bloods were 7.2 !! :cool: Ive still got to get it below 5.. so heres hoping by September blood tests it will be lower!
My cholesterol was also 7.2 so he put me on statins and will get retest in september.
Am startin Xenical tabs tomorrow in my journey to loose weight so fingers crossed it all goes to plan :)

Question to all u type 2s out there... is there any food that I should totally avoid?

Cheers
x

Last edited:
Hi Zafi, sounds quite a rollercoaster, but you sound like it's all going a bit better now. I am new to this myself , so hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly.

Good luck with the zenical.

with type2... my inital Fasting levels were 21 ! and after 3 months on metformin (4 x500g a day) my next fasting bloods were 7.2 !! :cool: Ive still got to get it below 5.. so heres hoping by September blood tests it will be lower!
x

Hiya Zafi. Below 5? Sounds pretty low? Or are you aiming to achieve non-diabetic sugar levels? Good luck with everything and keep posting to let us know how you get on.:)

Hiya Zafi. Below 5? Sounds pretty low? Or are you aiming to achieve non-diabetic sugar levels? Good luck with everything and keep posting to let us know how you get on.:)

Hiya, bein newly diagnosed Im still not sure of what is normal and what is not lol my dr says he wants a result of under 5 when Im fully controlled.

:)

Hiya, bein newly diagnosed Im still not sure of what is normal and what is not lol my dr says he wants a result of under 5 when Im fully controlled.
:)

Ahh, ok! So are you trying a lifestyle change before being put on meds? I really admire people who can make the necessary changes.:D

Question to all u type 2s out there... is there any food that I should totally avoid?

Cheers
x

I am Type 2 and basically, I was getting my blood sugars down nicely, by eating less carb foods and more protein based. I ate all the foods you wouldn't if on a diet and found my bloods came down from the 15's right down to the 6's - that is a fasting figure and as I test, test, tested evrey 1 and 2 hours after eating, was to see how that particular food affected my bg's. It made very interesting facts for me - which will not be the same for everyone.

So i would suggest you try that and see how a food affects your blood count... rather than totally avoiding everything...

hey guys does anyone out there have any recipes for a sweet dish like some kinda dessert or sumtin nice to nibble on my mam has type 2 and id love to make her a sweet treat to cheer her up thanks so much

Back