Typical bloke joke

So we crossed over by a year? Do you any of these names ring a bell? ... Mr Walker (my head of house), Mr / Mrs Backhouse (their SON is a teacher there now), Mr Braid (is STILL there!!! Sweet jeez he looks like the Crypt keeper!)

You've been up Narth a long time ... do you still say grah-ss?
PS
Glad to hear there's nothing wrong with your hardware ... bet your wife is relieved too - how would she turn the telly over without it? ;)

So we crossed over by a year? Do you any of these names ring a bell? ... Mr Walker (my head of house), Mr / Mrs Backhouse (their SON is a teacher there now), Mr Braid (is STILL there!!! Sweet jeez he looks like the Crypt keeper!)

You've been up Narth a long time ... do you still say grah-ss?
PS
Glad to hear there's nothing wrong with your hardware ... bet your wife is relieved too - how would she turn the telly over without it? ;)

:D Mr Backhouse was my Geography teacher, Mr Wilson ( Woodwork) was my Form teacher, B.N Smith, tall lanky bloke, ( Gave me the cane a couple of times) and Mr England & Parker, P.E teachers :D Happy dayzz:p

B.N Smith :eek: There's a blast from the past!!

memories ...
  • Nipping over to the 'little woods' for a sneaky fag
  • Being part of a sit-in protest with most of the other girls to get the school to let us wear trousers.
  • Jumping into Stokes Bay in our uniforms during the heat wave of 76
  • Standing outside Mr Walkers office to be given a detention AGAIN for skiving
  • Listening to the chart run-down in the girls loos on Radio 1 on a Tuesday lunch-time
  • Always being late for afternoon registration on a Tuesday (because we were listening to the charts!)
As you can see, I wasn't a model pupil!

Small world though. Never thought I'd bump into an ex-Bay Housian on here :)
PS
You may have known my youngest sister: she's 5 years younger than me.

:D the good old dayz, when you could go into the tuck shop and get loads for 5p, cross country runs to Gilkicker point, ( Another excuse for a fag break ) and trying to avoid the teacher patrol in the woods:D just didnt realise how good our school days were untill you get older:eek:

Back