Uh Oh.. The Cravings Won!

Have been on slimming world for just over 4 weeks, and have been 100% every day... on the whole have found it relatively easy... BUT.... the last few days the cravings for junk food have kicked into overdrive!
Tonight the doner kebab demons have won, and it is on its way to me....
a mixed kebab with grilled chicken and doner meat in a naan bread.... have allowed 30 syns for it... i hope its worth it! lol :eek:

Hugs

I know how hard it can be to resist when the urge starts. Only reason I've not given in to a desire for Chilli Crispy Beef is that the chinese is 4 miles away (plus point of moving from the city centre to the country side). However, tomorrow is another day, you've had your treat (was it as nice as you expected, or a let down?) today. But don't let that ruin the last 4 weeks just get back on the wagon tomorrow and go 100% for a few days.

Well done on your loss so far but you have to allow yourself a treat once in a while. Once a fortnight ive been having a small chicken shish kebab with all the salad and chilli sauce if you are doing a red day its not so bad and my weight loss has been good maybe next time you have the craving just have the chicken and no donor. :D

chicken kebab meat isn't actually that bad. i think it is 7 syns for a large one... obviously more if u add naan bread though!

Good! No point allowing yourself a treat if you're not going to enjoy it! You'll be able to get back on plan tomorrow, and hopefully still have a loss at weigh-in. If you're doing slimming world as a way of life, you have to allow yourself the odd treat every now and then. Nothing's forbidden, and if you reduced your syns for the rest of the week, you could even stay within your allowance!

hope you enjoyed it! i could just eat one now but im gonna resist as its weigh in tomorrow. we have cut down immensely on takeaways since i started SW. There are too many takeaways around now compared to what there was around 15 year ago. too much temptation!!

traceya89 said:
hope you enjoyed it! i could just eat one now but im gonna resist as its weigh in tomorrow. we have cut down immensely on takeaways since i started SW. There are too many takeaways around now compared to what there was around 15 year ago. too much temptation!!

Completely agree! When I wad a kid a Chinese was a biannual thing. Now you can have three takeaways a week and think nothing of it!

I haven't had any syns today to make up for yesterday, so hopefully I will still be within my syn allowance for Sunday's weigh in :0)

If I'm craving something, I look at the calories and calculate how long it would take me in the gym to burn it off. Then I ask myself 'is it worth all that time and effort?' and if the answer is yes then I have it and make sure I go to the gym later to do damage control. :)

Back