undecided 0r just plain scared

susyq

Hi all,
I cant sleep, so I thought I would look for some help in deciding what to do re: going on lighter life...I have been considering it for quite a while and during this time I have put weight on. I really need help I have tried conventual diets but nothing seems to work for me:sigh:

Hey there... and welcome to minimins.. Have you looked into where your nearest lighter life counseller would be.. theres some really good things to read on this section giving yu loads of info about LL..
there isnt many people online at the min.. but i know for a fact as soon as tomorrow comes they'll be loads of people here to give you any advice that you need..

Look forward to seeing you post..

x x

Hi Susyq,
I have been doing lighter life for 13 weeks now and have lost over 3 stones. All i can say is i am so pleased i did choose to do it!!! It's natural to be scared, it's a big decision to make, and i must admit i was scared and unsure untill i had done the first week and lost 11lb! I would reccomend it to anyone but you have to be in the right frame of mind to do it. I'm sure everyone here will tell you it can be tough going at times (the first few days i felt rough!) but the rewards feel great!!!!

Susyq, why don't you go to see your local counsellor, theres no obligation, she will just explain the diet you can ask all the questions you like and most of all you can get to know her and see if you will get on.
I will warn you in some areas it may take some time to get started as i've had to wait 5 weeks.

Hi Susyq

I can say, hand on heart, LL is the best thing I have ever done for myself. No other diets worked. They took to long. LL is the "magic pill" we have all hoped for. In less then a year, I have lost 133 pounds - for me, its a real miracle and I have never felt better - inside and out. It is life changing. If you follow the plan, it works faster then anything you can dream of. Its naturaly to have worries or concerns, but once you get inot the groove of the plan, the weight just falls off.

Definately meet an LLC in your area and go have a chat.

If you let it, it will change your life! :)

Good luck!

I have been on LL for 7 weeks and have lost 30lbs. It is the best thing I have done.

I was the same as you was worried and scared and not sure if I should do it but I came on here asking the same questions you have asked and I was given the advice to JUST DO IT!!! I took that advice and it was the best advice I had ever been given.

You have to be 100% committed to it and in the right frame of mind to do it. I had to wait 6 weeks before my start date but the wait was really worth it, I got my head round everything. The group sessions are also great, I have learnt so much about my bad food habits.

Go for it, and before you know it the lbs will be dropping off!

Hi SusyQ - I am another broken record on here - it is changing my life!! I am in week 13, and have lost 40lbs, just a couple more to go this week and I'll have hit my 3 stone in Foundation (the first 14 weeks that everyone on LL has to do, whether they choose to continue or not)... so i'm thrilled!

One thing to bear in mind - it may not be the same for the LL group in your area - but mine has stopped starting new groups now until after Christmas/New Year. If you do manage to start now, you've got to be focused on a full three months of abstinance.

If you can't start yet, just cut down your carbs in preparation (helps with the withdrawal and you might lose a few pounds before you start!)

It really is the quickest, easiest (well, it goes up and down - but easy really when you realise what a difference it is making!) way to lose weight you'll find outside of surgery.

Good luck whatever you choose - and if you do leap on the wagon, this is a great forum to get support from - I don't know what I would have done without it!

A xx

Hiya Suzy!

You don't live far from me! I'm in Burton on Trent!! I honestly can;t believe how well LL works. I'm in my 9th week and I am 2lb shy of my 3 stone mark!! Yes there are the highs and lows like with any diet, but you have so much support from LLC and the minimins girls (and boys)!
I don't think I have ever gone this long on any diet without "cheating". So many people have said to me "if I can do it anyone can".
It's not just about what you can have on the diet, it's learning your habits and why you eat the way you do. And they care so much about maintaining your weight once you get to goal.
I think if nothing else, you should get in touch with your local councellor through the LL website (If Burton isn't too far for you my LLC Sandi is fabulous) and go along to an information session. You can ask all the questions you need to there!!

Good luck in whatever you decide!

B x

Back